Free Agency 2020

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is A LOT of scratch. I think we overpaid to get him, but until this organization actually starts winning on the court, that’s what it will probably take to get guys like that.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I'm sure the 3 year offer is what tipped it to the Suns.

I do hope they can still bring Daric back, though.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like signing Crowder as long as it doesn't keep us from bringing Dario back.

this... I’m a little nervous to see if that shoe drops next.

Jae added to the mix with Dario is very good. Instead of? It’s a lateral step or even a small one backward.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Three all-defense level players, all of whom can shoot, around Booker/Ayton.

just elitttttttte team building

Crowder hasn't played solid defense in at least three years, and he only shoots 34% from three (which is below average).

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess this spits in the face of the notion that we weren't signing anyone because we were being cheap. Apparently offered the best deal to Crowder.

only if they get Dario back does the above actually kick in. Supplanting one for the other is status quo.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crowder hasn't played solid defense in at least three years, and he only shoots 34% from three (which is below average).

just took a look at his stats... his reputation as a shooter does seem somewhat over blown.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping this proves to be true.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That league average is misleading, shooting 34% is equivalent to making half your shots from 2 point range and for a volume distance shooter, that's fine. The important thing is that he has to be a threat to take and make the shot so that the defense has to play him honestly and he has value in that regard. And unlike a lot of similar players, he is more than willing to take that shot.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
That league average is misleading, shooting 34% is equivalent to making half your shots from 2 point range and for a volume distance shooter, that's fine. The important thing is that he has to be a threat to take and make the shot so that the defense has to play him honestly and he has value in that regard. And unlike a lot of similar players, he is more than willing to take that shot.

That's the problem. When shooting at only a 34% clip, you don't WANT him to take that shot.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes. Crowder was actually the weak link on that team.

I was thinking two things watching the Heat in the playoffs.

The Suns needed a player like Jae Crowder and the Heat needed a player like Precious Achiuwa.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
That's the problem. When shooting at only a 34% clip, you don't WANT him to take that shot.
I disagree there. If it was a main scoring option on the team than yes, but as someone that is going to take a handful a game to keep the defense honest you can absolutely live with a number around 34% from three.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave