Horribly officiated game

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
we need to talk about the cardinals penalties all season - we are always on the wrong side of the flags, good calls or bad calls

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Penalties are another point and we already know how this team is undisciplined
But can't ignore how unbiased were the referee today
I can get how can be subjective the evaluation of defensive pass interference or holding penalties but can't tollerate how they ignored a false start and delay of game penalties

Reactions: PJ1

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
That crew was garbage

Combine that with a couple teams that aren't known for discipline, a division game and a short week you get a fair amount of slop

OP
OP
K

KYCardFan

Veteran
Reaction score
The call on the late hit against Hopkins was poor

the holding call that negated long pass to
metcalfe was dubious

the holding call against Sweazy was outside the end zone

Seattle had 3 false starts that weren’t called

Arizona had two false starts that were bogus

not sure why Kirkpatrick and Metcalfe didn’t get offsetting fouls

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score

metcalfe was dubious

Was it a late hit call? I thought it was helmet to helmet?

OP
OP
K

KYCardFan

Veteran
Reaction score
Wasnt helmet to helmet it was defenseless receiver call on Hopkins

bottom line this crew made a lot of game changing and momentum calls and non calls that were flat wrong

after reviewing the Isabella third and 10 play, that should have been DPI the trailing defender hit Isabella face mask before ball arrived and probably prevented catch

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Penalties are another point and we already know how this team is undisciplined
But can't ignore how unbiased were the referee today
I can get how can be subjective the evaluation of defensive pass interference or holding penalties but can't tollerate how they ignored a false start and delay of game penalties
Everyone needs to just stop with delay of game penalties. The clock we see in tv just is never synced with the game clock. It is what it is.

there were two missed false starts imo. The rest of the officiating was fine. We just sucked at piling up penalties. It’s not like this a new thing.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
These guys seemed like they had no clue what was going on the entire game. The fact that they had to review the obvious touchdown by Drake is beyond absurd. You'd think these guys had never called and NFL game before with some of the mistakes they made.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

metcalfe was dubious

Huh? he hit D hop in the helmet, it wasn't a huge hit but he hit him in the helmet, on an incomplete pass, that's a penalty all day long.

The hold on the Metcalf play was obvious too, I called it live he basically tackled Reddick, it was a very similar play to the hold for the safety. Pereira explained that one normally it's where it starts but he didn't think the initial contact was a hold by the time it became a hold, it was in the endzone.

Agree on the other ones especially the should have been offsetting on the Dre play

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I agree some of the calls were garbage but at the end of the day we had the ball and a chance to tie it up but fell short. Can’t put that on the refs.

Sorry I just view that as life.. regardless if someone screwed you over or not for a promotion or whatever.. its how you handle yourself afterwards.. you keep trying and when the chance comes up you take it..

Our chance was our last drive. We just didn’t make it. Could blame the refs all you want but your opportunity was there..

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I agree some of the calls were garbage but at the end of the day we had the ball and a chance to tie it up but fell short. Can’t put that on the refs.

Sorry I just view that as life.. regardless if someone screwed you over or not for a promotion or whatever.. its how you handle yourself afterwards.. you keep trying and when the chance comes up you take it..

Our chance was our last drive. We just didn’t make it. Could blame the refs all you want but your opportunity was there..

The thread notes horrible officiating which it was. You seem to agree. So why the life lesson?

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The thread notes horrible officiating which it was. You seem to agree. So why the life lesson?

Cause people tend to blame the loss on the ref. I wasn’t teaching anyone life lessons. I was stating how I view things in life and how I apply it to football games. If you want to take it as me trying to teach life lessons then thats on you.

I am just saying we had our chance at the end to score but failed.

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

metcalfe was dubious

Also noticed twice that the play click went to zero on Hawks and no delay as called.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA