Free Agency 2020

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
No. They are going to play that much off of Saric and Bridges while forming a lay-up line at Saric and Cam instead.

also, this is exactly why your PF obsession is wrong; do you see why?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
and Paul was always more legitimately hurt

or can you not prove that either?

like I said your a black and white guy. It’s either this or that no real reasoning or sense. We obviously kept booker out to tank but you know whatever

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Grant and Wood, for starters.
You would want to spend all of our free agent money on Grant (technically he signed for more than we could of offered)? I can’t argue with crazy... especially since you have spent all offseason saying Grant was too small to play PF for us.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Grant and Wood, for starters.

Grant signed for 20 million a year. More than we had.

Wood is a knucklehead, or the Pistons would have resigned him - because statistically he is way better than Grant.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Oh I know Paul is an incredible mid range shooter, possibly the best in the league.

I am simply referring to the spacing at 3 point range which is really what creates space.

Yes, I know he is far more respected than Rubio and that will help create space, but eventually people would be up on Rubio if he kept hitting at 36%
But he didn’t and he wasn’t going to sustain it.

Paul has built himself up consistently for 16 years. Rubio had a single decent shooting year this year.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Oh I know Paul is an incredible mid range shooter, possibly the best in the league.

I am simply referring to the spacing at 3 point range which is really what creates space.

Yes, I know he is far more respected than Rubio and that will help create space, but eventually people would be up on Rubio if he kept hitting at 36%

anyone that commands defensive attention and help and close guarding creates space

Shaq created space, guys like Zion who space vertically do so as well; space is not just a concept of long range marksmen

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You would want to spend all of our free agent money on Grant (technically he signed for more than we could of offered)? I can’t argue with crazy... especially since you have spent all offseason saying Grant was too small to play PF for us.

I also said he would have been a vast improvement over Cam and Saric.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Interesting.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
like I said your a black and white guy. It’s either this or that no real reasoning or sense. We obviously kept booker out to tank but you know whatever

this is pure projection

I never said Booker couldn’t have played. You did.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No. My point is that our only candidates to start at the 4, Saric and Cam, are a major liability at the 4.

This is simply false.

Cam is only a liability against true bangers, which are there are only about 10 left in the league.

Saric is actually a very good post defender, he just struggles on the perimeter, which is why he is better suited as a center in today's game.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Geez, you have a point but not sure comparing Kawhi and Jerami Grant is the right way to express it.

it was Kawhi and Harrell

the point sucked because Kawhi wasn’t trash in the playoffs but really good like always

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
This is simply false.

Cam is only a liability against true bangers, which are there are only about 10 left in the league.

Saric is actually a very good post defender, he just struggles on the perimeter, which is why he is better suited as a center in today's game.
Now this is 100% correct.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
It won't matter if we still don't have a starting power forward. I would rather play 5 on 5 with Rubio than 4 on 5 with Paul.
We were 8-0 in the bubble with Cam starting at PF. Obviously I don't expect winning every game like we did there, but that at least showed that it is a viable option.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This is simply false.

You just made my point for me on Saric, particularly when you consider how much he struggled on the offensive end at the 4 as well. Saric is a back-up stretch 5. Period. He can't play any other position.

As for Cam, pretty much every 4, including several in the West, is a banger compared to him.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kawhi went 6-22 and had 14 points in game 7

awesome, but I wouldn’t want him on the Suns since he stunk it up so bad when it mattered most

Smh

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
We were 8-0 in the bubble with Cam starting at PF. Obviously I don't expect winning every game like we did there, but that at least showed that it is a viable option.

And now that opponents actually have something to play for, I think you will find this a much different world. While the bubble was a nice story, it really wasn't far off from preseason, only we had everything to play for while our opponents had practically nothing to play for. You're kidding yourself if you think the bubble was a true measure of this team and its players. Do you not recall how ineffective Cam was for the rest of the season?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You just made my point for me on Saric, particularly when you consider how much he struggled on the offensive end at the 4 as well. Saric is a back-up stretch 5. Period. He can't play any other position.

As for Cam, pretty much every 4, including several in the West, is a banger compared to him.

What I'm saying is Cam can guard the non bangers, and Saric can guard the bangers.

Is it a perfect solution - no. But it's not a disaster like you are trying to make it out to be.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave