Free Agency 2020

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Nobody here watched Harrell get EMBARRASSED by Denver in the playoffs? That scrub was the worst player in the series on either team in +/- lmao

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Harrell is the type of guy casuals who think Jamal and Melo are good like.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I like Jones but he wasn’t worth our full MLE.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Who? Who has signed (other than Harrell) that the Suns could of and should of signed... who?

I'm just saying what happened to all that talk of Paul getting players to join him here?

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I'm just saying what happened to all that talk of Paul getting players to join him here?
With all things equal perhaps, but no player is going to turn down millions of dollars to come play for Paul. Nobody thought that, and if they did, they were kidding themselves.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
With all things equal perhaps, but no player is going to turn down millions of dollars to come play for Paul. Nobody thought that, and if they did, they were kidding themselves.

Well, count Flex among them. And I am starting to think JCSunsFan is right about this coming season...

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Huh? Getting better at the PG position isn't a reason to make the trade?

Paul is not that much better than Rubio at this point, certainly not enough to warrant leaving three gaping holes on the roster at starting 4, back up 2 and back up 3.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's what the speculation was. Otherwise there was no reason to make the trade from a basketball perspective.
I am sorry. I would not have made that trade but that was not the basketball reason for the trade. The reason was that Paul is the superior player and he can make our young guys better players and help develop a winning culture. I think his age will prove the undoing of the trade, but free agents was not the issue.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm waiting for the inevitable Melo to Phoenix Woj bomb.

If that happens, they might as well contract the team, as the franchise will never have any hope of being anything other than a joke/punchline.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Paul is not that much better than Rubio at this point, certainly not enough to warrant leaving three gaping holes on the roster at starting 4, back up 2 and back up 3.
He is is absolutely better than Rubio. He does everything Rubio does just as well, but is a much bigger scoring threat on and off ball.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I am sorry. I would not have made that trade but that was not the basketball reason for the trade. The reason was that Paul is the superior player and he can make our young guys better players and help develop a winning culture. I think his age will prove the undoing of the trade, but free agents was not the issue.

For me, the issue is lack of a complete roster that therefore won't be able to compete.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Wow. You all really thought players would flock here because of Chris Paul?

The theory, and it’s correct, is that *if given the choice at equal or close to equal money* good FAs will prefer to play on a good team with good players as opposed to a trash team with ok players.