Isabella play for the tie

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Despite a comedy of errors late by players/coaches. It was there. Great play call but Kyler is late and facing presure. Coincidence our O has been sorta off since Sweezy came back into the starting lineup? However, how does Andy not come back for the football? Thats an easy PI. Kirk probably draws the flag. Im rooting for Andy but man..

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
He ran a crisp route, but he’s not physical enough to fight through two defenders. Had he been more aggressive trying to trap the ball, he could drawn PI

OP
OP
SoonerLou

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He ran a crisp route, but he’s not physical enough to fight through two defenders. Had he been more aggressive trying to trap the ball, he could drawn PI
Yep. The route was great. Just unfortunately gave up pressure. However at the end of the game he's gotta take one for the team. Run into them and he easily gets the flag.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I politely disagree with you. That was on Kyler. Isabella was open half way across the field and the ball should have been delivered immediately to him for the play to be successful. It would have been an easy TD if Kyler would have hit him immediately and let him sprint in . Kyler waited a second to long until the Niner was in his face. Isabella could not have caught that ball because the defender had his arm/hand in perfect position in between Isabella 2 hands. He could not catch the ball under that circumstance. The play failed due to slow execution. Watch it again and concentrate on his route the whole way, and then the end where their hands were all around the ball.

OP
OP
SoonerLou

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Thats what happens when you draft a wr with no balls skills.
For some reason him and Kyler are just off timing wise. Kyler lets it go sooner ( like the Lions game ) its a TD. However yea this where Keim not realizing that a short QB would probably be better with a bigger WR. Passing lanes are going to be different for him. Andy needs a Brady type.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think if Fitz, DHop, Kirk, Edmonds, or even Sherfield had been in the same position as Isabella - they make the grab. The ball was right there. Not a fan of Andy's receiving abilities. He was drafted because he is fast. Now they are trying to teach him ball handling. Pass it to someone else until he catches up on his lessons in practice - or earlier in games. No business throwing to him at crunch time.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Why do we only throw to Andy on the last drive of the game?
Why weren't we continuing to do what was working? Dink & dunk plus draws. We had time!

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Despite a comedy of errors late by players/coaches. It was there. Great play call but Kyler is late and facing presure. Coincidence our O has been sorta off since Sweezy came back into the starting lineup? However, how does Andy not come back for the football? Thats an easy PI. Kirk probably draws the flag. Im rooting for Andy but man..
He can't leap over defenders and has short arms and body catches. The way it was thrown, you need a big long wr to get over two defenders. No idea why Kyler would trust that to isabella with the game on the line.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
It hit him in the chest. A body catcher's dream and still cannot make the catch. The pass was fine because it was there!

He was open, but K1 was late with the throw. Yet it still came close enough for him to get a PI call. Argh ....

OP
OP
SoonerLou

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The more I think about it, the more I feel a decent WR draws the PI on that throw. Isabella just is not good ant any part of the NFL game.

Ps: that defender was not playing the ball and totally made contact. PI all day.

The problem is he attacked the ball timidly. He makes it easier for the refs if he's coming back to the ball with force. They have no choice but to call it because Andy likely falls on his back.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That was a hard catch but murray should have thrown it a tad quicker .... hope he gets better at that

Still wish had metcalf but may not have nuk if that were the case

Still like Isabella he has soeed just needs to get better at catching in tight coverage

And fotz was pi in endzone!!! Fing refs

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why do we only throw to Andy on the last drive of the game?
Why weren't we continuing to do what was working? Dink & dunk plus draws. We had time!

I was fine with the first one because as i said in the game thread they won't expect it. We got 6-7 yards easy on a short throw to Andy, could have done it over the middle maybe for even more. But that throw he dropped is in the tough category. Yes the throw was a bit late with too much air, because of the rush and because presumably that wasn't the first option so Kyler looked off that option and then went to Andy. but that ball is there, catch or draw the PI we might get to OT.

But if you're Kyler what do you do, andy IS open, as a QB you're taught to throw to the open guy. Andy does have 2 TD's and he did catch the earlier ball if you're kyler you can't be picky with a free runner right in your face on 3rd and 10 so he threw it to him, and Andy didn't make the play.

he'd already gone to Kirk and Fitz, presumably D Hop was the primary option and was doubled. Frankly at this point I'd rather be going to Arnold or Williams than Andy because I trust them more in that situation to catch the ball

I taped the game but I'm not home. Anybody have a replay they can post to convince me that wasn't on Andy?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol come on he can’t even see.
You must be registered for see images attach

Here's my thing. Find similar pics of other NFL wrs' and you won't see their hands and arms that far apart like a 4 year old playing catch with their dad. I get that he's got a defender there but in the replay last night he's watchig the ball the whole way so he CAN see it until a certain point. So why are his hands like that? Because he's a body catcher not a hands catcher.

But I do agree with the others if he'd just moved towards the ball it would have been PI, if nothing even there it looks close to faceguarding but because Andy was backing up instead of going to the ball, no call

If Kyler had a clean pocket and that's the first option yeah throw is late, neither of those were true IMO

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
This was one pass I thought k1 put too much air under the ball. Allowed the defense to catch up on the throw.

He had to air it a little as there was a d lineman in his face. Honestly, AI should have caught that pass but it was a tough one as the CBs had their hands on it and in his face. I didnt hit him in the numbers but did go through his arms.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think if Fitz, DHop, Kirk, Edmonds, or even Sherfield had been in the same position as Isabella - they make the grab. The ball was right there. Not a fan of Andy's receiving abilities. He was drafted because he is fast. Now they are trying to teach him ball handling. Pass it to someone else until he catches up on his lessons in practice - or earlier in games. No business throwing to him at crunch time.
I dunno about Kirk. He always seems to be bobbling balls. Even last night he hung onto them, but there were two balls he bobbled and almost dropped.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Here's my thing. Find similar pics of other NFL wrs' and you won't see their hands and arms that far apart like a 4 year old playing catch with their dad. I get that he's got a defender there but in the replay last night he's watchig the ball the whole way so he CAN see it until a certain point. So why are his hands like that? Because he's a body catcher not a hands catcher.

But I do agree with the others if he'd just moved towards the ball it would have been PI, if nothing even there it looks close to faceguarding but because Andy was backing up instead of going to the ball, no call

If Kyler had a clean pocket and that's the first option yeah throw is late, neither of those were true IMO
Exactly, the throw might have been late but somehow Kyler made a more difficult pass fitting it in there and Isabella dropped the ball. This was not even close to the difficulty of a Hopkins or Fitz catch required of Isabella because the defender let the ball right on through to him. There was a point in that sequence where Isabella did not have a hand in his face but the ball was there. I bet Isabella felt like that play was going in slow motion with the chances he had of a completion

This is what is so discouraging about Isabella, he works his ass off and tries but does not seem to have those instinctive traits which makes one a pro WR. I hope he's able to do so because he's the kind of early round player which teams are reluctant to move on from

I remember once when someone asked Fitzgerald about making a contested catch and Larry said something to the point that in the pros, almost every catch has a degree of being contested because the athletes are so gifted the closer you get to the endzone running out of space... meaning the ability of making a contested catch is part of your job requirement as a pro WR, and why Pete Carroll said the first trait they look at when drafting a WR being their ability to make a contested catch

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave