Andy Isabella

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is Sherfield just bad in practice?

Would much rather see him out there than Andy & KeeSean.

Sheffield is slow as molasses and can't get open.

Do you people really think the coaches aren't playing the best receivers on the roster?

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Didnt we take him ahead of dk metcalf?
Is he even active tonight?
Where the hell is he

Hello Krusher kardinals---You are forgiven for posting this since you are fairly new to the forum--but everytime Metcalf shows up in the NFL highlights or Isabella misses a catch . . . the same thread gets started.

Here's the latest on the list from Nov. 9:

https://www.arizonasportsfans.com/f...-vs-metcalf-talk-stop-it.376414/#post-4332400

Please enjoy post #24 (Toot, Toot)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He doesn't offer much. Probably should cut bait in the offseason. Maybe try to get a late round pick for him if possible. I would rather see KeeSean or Sherfield out there.

lol... who the hell trades anything but a bucket of piss for Iss?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sheffield is slow as molasses and can't get open.

Do you people really think the coaches aren't playing the best receivers on the roster?
His athletic profile says otherwise about being slow, & neither does Isabella most of the time, so are we doing here?

The coaches also put out Curtis Riley over the other safeties for a game, so you tell me

Big D

...and STILL...
Reaction score
Stop wondering about what if. This is the guy we have. Of course he deserves a roster spot.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
His athletic profile says otherwise about being slow, & neither does Isabella most of the time, so are we doing here?

The coaches also put out Curtis Riley over the other safeties for a game, so you tell me
U risk losing Andy if he loses out a spot to Sheffield. To Andy's credit...he gets open. Maybe next season he'll start attacking the foootball and tracking it better.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He doesn't offer much. Probably should cut bait in the offseason. Maybe try to get a late round pick for him if possible. I would rather see KeeSean or Sherfield out there.
No one is trading for Isabella. Keesean isn’t a thing either. Rather see sherfield. Keim struck out on 3 wrs in a single draft.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why are people angry at isabella after this game? Were you expecting him to make that last catch or something?

I thought he was fine tonight.

Fine? He had 1 catch for 6 yards

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I am not here to join in on the lets get rid of Isabella parade. Just cause he had the chance to get the TD doesn’t mean its all on him. Everyone is raving about Metcalf probably didn’t notice the play where ball hitting him in the face open. I would say Isabella not catching one with 2 guys on him was tougher.

I haven’t seen much on Isabella but from what I have seen my question is can the catch with his hands? The plays I have seen him its mostly hands with arms and body to catch the ball. I am not a pro at watching film but it seems like his body was not in the position he wanted to make the catch.

Bkbobo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I known Andy since he played in the 7th grade and he is a good player. I am wondering what KK was envisioning for him when he was drafted. Honestly, I was thinking he would be drafted maybe in the 4th round and was surprised when he got him in the 2nd.

I know he has some limitations, but I feel there is a personality miscue between Andy, the other WR and Kyler. I am still hopeful he finds his way.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Lol. The ball was extremely underthrown. Isabella was open half the night. Not his fault Murray doesn’t throw to him. Not surprising that the same dummies complaining about him are the ones who cried about Simmons Murray, Kingsbury, Buddha and Keim too lol. Do you guys ever get anything right?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Having watched the reply numerous times that was not a pass Isabella has the talent to make. It's a catchable pass, if your one of the top 10% of WR's in the league.

The ball was thrown late but this is something of a problem with Murray not seeing the guy open before he is open. The pass should have been half a second earlier and should be arriving at IA as you can see him looking back in this image. If Andy is catching the ball now he probably runs it into the EZ or at worst gets pushed out around the 2.

I'm not saying thats simple for Murray, but that's the difference between experience and no experience. Although, after 26 games starting I expect him to be better at this by now.

You must be registered for see images attach

The biggest concern on that play for me is why are we throwing to Isabella on 3rd and 10 with the game on the line?

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He will be henceforth known as Pissabella.

For the people who are posting anti-Isabella comments, can you answer these questions in regards to the first 10 games of the 2020 season? (I assume you have a good idea on the answers as a basis for your negative evaluation):

(1) How many targets does he have?
(2) How many receptions does he have?
(3) What is the average # of targets he has per game?
(4) How many yards after catch per reception (YAC/R)
(5) How many drops?

His best game was vs the Lions in the game we lost. How many targets did he have? How many receptions? How many (if any) TDs?

If only we were sitting over a pizza and beer (or in a pub over beer and bangers)—I’d be glad to take the money from the negative posters that they can even correctly answer one or two of the questions. Instead, those with a negative opinion are basing their opinion on one or two plays and want to extend that to his total performance. You’re not being fair to the player if you don’t have a factual basis regarding his performance.

Here’s his stats: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/I/IsabAn00.htm
(As of 11/20, does not include the Thursday night game)

As I stated on the Nov. 9 post on this same issue, the jury is still out. I did not get a single rebuttal on that post but I see the same negative opinions going up here.

Post #24: https://www.arizonasportsfans.com/f...-vs-metcalf-talk-stop-it.376414/#post-4332400

(Why not give it a go Britcard? Your post showing the pass at the goal line makes my point. How about a rebuttal?)

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
For the people who are posting anti-Isabella comments, can you answer these questions in regards to the first 10 games of the 2020 season? (I assume you have a good idea on the answers as a basis for your negative evaluation):

(1) How many targets does he have?
(2) How many receptions does he have?
(3) What is the average # of targets he has per game?
(4) How many yards after catch per reception (YAC/R)
(5) How many drops?

His best game was vs the Lions in the game we lost. How many targets did he have? How many receptions? How many (if any) TDs?

If only we were sitting over a pizza and beer (or in a pub over beer and bangers)—I’d be glad to take the money from the negative posters that they can even correctly answer one or two of the questions. Instead, those with a negative opinion are basing their opinion on one or two plays and want to extend that to his total performance. You’re not being fair to the player if you don’t have a factual basis regarding his performance.

Here’s his stats: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/I/IsabAn00.htm
(As of 11/20, does not include the Thursday night game)

As I stated on the Nov. 9 post on this same issue, the jury is still out. I did not get a single rebuttal on that post but I see the same negative opinions going up here.

Post #24: https://www.arizonasportsfans.com/f...-vs-metcalf-talk-stop-it.376414/#post-4332400

(Why not give it a go Britcard? Your post showing the pass at the goal line makes my point. How about a rebuttal?)
Dude, we have eyes. He is not worth his cost. We can find just about any receiver off the street to do what he does (doesn't do) He is fast. That's it.

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Dude, we have eyes. He is not worth his cost. We can find just about any receiver off the street to do what he does (doesn't do) He is fast. That's it.

Dude, you must have hit the 'Post Reply' button before you finished typing in your response based on Isabella's stats. I'm glad you have eyes, do you take the time to evaluate what you think you are seeing? I take it you didn't get a single response in regards to the questions about AI's performance---I'll bet a beer and pizza that you didn't get a single response.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Dude, you must have hit the 'Post Reply' button before you finished typing in your response based on Isabella's stats. I'm glad you have eyes, do you take the time to evaluate what you think you are seeing? I take it you didn't get a single response in regards to the questions about AI's performance---I'll bet a beer and pizza that you didn't get a single response.
Your sample size is infenstimally small because he is not worthy of consistent targets. Dude has 15 catches in 25 games. Shall we all guess why he is not targeted much? Becuause he is a limited body catching streaker. The only reason he was drafted was for his speed and it is quite important for your deep threat to have good hands. If the ball is not absolutely perfectly thrown he wont make the catch. He wouldn't get as much heat if he were drafted in the 5th or 6th round. He was drafted in the 2nd round. 2nd rounders should not be long term projects like he is. Are you his agent or something?

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Your sample size is infenstimally small because he is not worthy of consistent targets. Dude has 15 catches in 25 games. Shall we all guess why he is not targeted much? Becuause he is a limited body catching streaker. The only reason he was drafted was for his speed and it is quite important for your deep threat to have good hands. If the ball is not absolutely perfectly thrown he wont make the catch. He wouldn't get as much heat if he were drafted in the 5th or 6th round. He was drafted in the 2nd round. 2nd rounders should not be long term projects like he is. Are you his agent or something?

Glad to see your guess at his Games and Catches. I hope it was a guess because you got it wrong if you went to the PF reference page on AI. You owe me a beer and pizza. Check his career stats again. He has 24 Rec in 25 games, not 15 Rec in 25 games that you state above. That's based on 37 targets.

You must be registered for see images attach

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/I/IsabAn00.htm

I stated several times that the JURY IS STILL OUT. It is way out unless you can get the facts straight to back up your opinion.

I answered the questions in your post above in my long answer on Nov. 9th. I'll not retype or cut and paste that here. KM and AI have not played together enough to have the rapport necessary at the pro-level. Ditto the other receivers. If you like, rebut my Nov. 9th post. I'll give you a chance to earn back the beer and pizza. If not, make it a Supreme with double bacon, hold the anchovies. Any beer will do.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Andy is like that movie everyone hates, I initially hate, but come around to view as a guilty pleasure.

I'm not ready to give up. I have a strange feeling the more he plays the better he'll be. He's limited for sure. I still feel like if we use his speed more he'll make up for his limitations.

Might just be next season.