Cardinals at Seahawks gameday thread 11-19-20

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess it depends what he asks for. If he wants top5 CB money you part ways. If he’s willing to take 4/40/25 you slam the pen in his hand.

yes. By all means, let’s drop 10 million bucks per year in the hands of a guy who for consecutive seasons has shown diminishing returns, hasn’t looked good since he got busted for PEDs except one game against a woeful Cleveland team last year and is going to be 31.

that’s a great allocation of resources.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Care to elaborate?
Nothing cerebral about being down 10 against this same team weeks ago & leading them down the field in back-to-back drives to pretty much win the game in OT

Nothing cerebral about leading the team downfield in very quick fashion which set up the GWer to Hop

Or even the GWer to Hop back in Week 1 against SF

I’m pretty you already knew that, but I’ll just entertain the shock-value for the time-being as of now anyway

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If he was a #2, then we would have a very good secondary. Alford was supposed to be the #2 guy. His signing was bad luck.

his signing wasn’t bad luck. He was awful and injured the entire season previous and was on the wrong side of 30. Giving that guy 24/3 was idiotic when we made the move. Said it then, still true today.

Sadly, we’re in a position going into next season where we have no one but a nickle CB with Murphy. That’s on Keim.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Nothing cerebral about being down 10 against this same team weeks ago & leading them down the field in back-to-back drives to pretty much win the game in OT

Nothing cerebral about leading the team downfield in very quick fashion which set up the GWer to Hop

Or even the GWer to Hop back in Week 1 against SF

I’m pretty you already knew that, but I’ll just entertain the shock-value for the time-being as of now anyway
Same QB who took an intentional grounding penalty next to his own end zone, with literally no one working 10 yards of him? Same dude who short circuited on the last play of the game? These are things I expect from Mitch Tribusky, not Kyler.

Kyler is a gamer, but what keeps him from being far from Russ’s caliber is his inconsistent decision making.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Same QB who took an intentional grounding penalty next to his own end zone, with literally no one working 10 yards of him? Same dude who short circuited on the last play of the game? These are things I expect from Mitch Tribusky, not Kyler.

Kyler is a gamer, but what keeps him from being far from Russ’s caliber is his inconsistent decision making.
Again, to be fair, Russ didn’t carry this much responsibility in his second season. He had a monster run game and a monster defense. He didn’t have to carry the team. Kyler does. He has to be near perfect. When he isn’t we lose (panthers, Detroit), come close to losing (buffalo) or come close to winning and lose maddeningly (Miami and Seattle).

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Why this loss was painful

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Lol

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We really need to get Hopkins involved more consistently. He is the best receiver in the game. He shouldn't be going for 5/51 against the second and third string Seahawks corners.
Does feel at times that we're very determined not to be predictable. Determined to use all facets of our offense.

Which is admirable in a way. Playing a longer game. KK presumably has a picture of the offense he wants to build and is working towards that rather than just rolling out his one woods - pass to Hopkins, Kyler run, pass to Hopkins, Kyler run... which would shorten their shelf-life.

Will be interesting if we make playoffs however whether this mindset changes.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Kyler steps up...he maybe has someone. However probably thought no way they'd get there on a 3 man rush. Had a bad feeling about the Seahawks getting Dunlap.

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kliff Kingsbury: Cardinals’ penalties “unacceptable”

The Cardinals were penalized 10 times for 115 yards in Thursday night’s loss to the Seahawks, and afterward coach Kliff Kingsbury cited those penalties as a major reason his team fell short.

You’re not going to win in this league doing that, especially against a quality team against Seattle,” Kingsbury said, via ArizonaSports.com. “That’s unacceptable to have that many and we got to clean that up. Just got to refocused and be better moving forward. The guys, when that occurs, they’re always feeling bad about the situation and so you just try to make sure we get past it and not allow it to happen against and not allow it to affect us moving forward.”

Among the penalties for the Cardinals were a taunting penalty on Dre Kirkpatrick that gave the Seahawks first down on what would have been fourth down, a 46-yard pass interference penalty on Patrick Peterson, four false starts and three offensive holdings.

Cardinals quarterback Kyler Murray agreed with his coach’s assessment.

“Probably just the little self-inflicted penalties,” Murray said. “Just really shooting ourselves in the foot. It wasn’t a clean game by any means — easier said than done to play those — but that’s just . . . we got to be better.”

The penalties were costly, and so was the loss. The Cardinals are now a game behind the Seahawks in the NFC West.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
It shouldn’t be this way, but with each passing game my confidence in Kliff erodes... I am growing more and more convinced Keim swung & missed with Kliffy.. in fact, if not for Murray who, I also have concerns with BUT his out of the stratosphere physical freakness covers which enables him to cover for Kliff, this team would likely have 3, 4, maybe even 5 less wins...

Kliff is far more of a burden than a benefit to this team. We win despite him. If a great, innovative coach is gauged by his ability to call and run horizontal plays, Kliff is surely great then. Otherwise, I see zero evidence to suggest he is some sort of offensive genius. Nothing suggests to me that his mind can produce sustained winning in the NFL.
His play-calling is embarrassingly amateurish.
His game/clock management is consistently out of sync.
His decision-making is almost always more wrong than right. What other NFL coach would’ve challenged that Hyde fumble??? Seriously?
His offense almost always seems rushed and Kyler is consistently scrambling to get the ball snapped with zero time left on the play clock.

As for Murray... I’ve consistently said my piece here. I remain deeply concerned about his terrible throwing mechanics (his poor accuracy was mentioned several times last night by Aikman). He has yet to demonstrate any development with regard to pre-snap reads (again, Aikman brought this up on several occasions during the game). His in-pocket decision making and execution remain deeply concerning.
And I believe speculation about his leadership skills is entirely warranted.
Kyler is without question the most physically gifted QB in the league... so there’s that I guess... [emoji3525]

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave