What happened to Isaiah Simmons?

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This was an unbelievable snap. Showed ability and effort. The know-nothings on this board will continue to b*%#%until it’s shoved in their face but this kid will be a stud.

The strength Simmons has to pull Allen down one handed is unreal. Allen is the hardest guy in the league to sack because he's so strong. Simmons is a freak

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
That is significantly better. I don't understand why Vance is still enamored with playing Hicks in 3rd and long situations.

Hicks is a disaster in zone coverage. Not only does he usually give up the reception, but he often gives up 7 more yards too.

I said it earlier, but I'd probably cut Hicks. I definitely think Campbell should go too, he's been pretty bad over the past 4 games or so.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Simmons played pretty well. I'm glad hes getting reps, as its the only way he will improve. I really do think we will see a big jump from him next year. Having no offseason looks like it hurt him, and when you add that to normal rookie learning curve, its understandable.

Bottom line...he is improving. He is starting to make plays. Leave him in a position, looks like ILB is it, and let him get better. Don't Hassan Reddick this kid.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Just for the record, Simmons is a 4.3 guy. round down not up

Clemson LB Isaiah Simmons Records 4.39-Second 40-Yard Dash at NFL Combine.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The strength Simmons has to pull Allen down one handed is unreal. Allen is the hardest guy in the league to sack because he's so strong. Simmons is a freak
He should never come off the field. And what is funny is that Vance hasn't even used him on the delay blitz yet.

His rush and drop was amazing. Completely engaged the OL, then had the strength and quickness to disengage and drop into zone. Pretty special move when you think about how it messes with the QB.

That edge rush showed his burst.

Put the right vets around this kid and he will be a world-breaker. Baker, Hicks, and Golden...those guys will inspire him to work and prepare at levels he didn't know he could.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Pretty sure that pic is the play where he was held twice, by 2 different guys, on the same play without a call.

He's still lost at times but he's so athletic. It's apparent the game is slowing down for him now and it's fun to watch.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
He looks like he has been hitting the weight room big time. Maybe he needed to balance that with a little more time watching film. Work in progress but you can’t have a liability on the field when you are in playoff contention. He only got on the field because of a massive number of injuries. He needs seasoning but not to the detriment of the team.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was an unbelievable snap. Showed ability and effort. The know-nothings on this board will continue to b*%#%until it’s shoved in their face but this kid will be a stud.

man, you’re angrier than usual here.

How come?

Last edited:

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The guy is obviously a freak, but I don't even know why y'all stressing. Defense takes longer to learn even *with* preseason. He's played well his last 4 games. Meaning he was being worked in before that. The NFL season is longer than college and I'd rather have him raging now than peaking a month ago.

(Fantastic job by Kingsbury, Vance, or whomever made that decision)

eastcoastSUN

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Anyone notice that after every big play, Simmons doesn't showboat etc. but just has a huge grin on his face? Love the way he approaches the game. Oh, and he is an absolute animal out there, throwing guys out of the way like they are little mannequins. He is only going to get better from here on out.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Simmons is a freak
But the guy that should be replaced is Hicks
To be honest as I stated weeks a go the best duo is Simmons Vallejo, much more speed
still giving so many easy yards cause of slow asses

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When this guy gets his confidence out there with consistency he's going to be a monster... A couple of those tackles he made with aggressiveness that we haven't seen since dwash. Great to watch.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anyone notice that after every big play, Simmons doesn't showboat etc. but just has a huge grin on his face? Love the way he approaches the game. Oh, and he is an absolute animal out there, throwing guys out of the way like they are little mannequins. He is only going to get better from here on out.

Yes the combo speed power does that effect
If u watch Hicks even when he tackled, the opponents gets extra yards

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
He was all over the place, and he looked like he was having fun.