Cardinals at Seahawks gameday thread 11-19-20

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My whole point is there isn't many corners better than peterson still, and the ones that are, are very hard to acquire.
If you want to join me & others in the year of 2020 after still living in 2015, I’ll welcome you.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah...I'm not too pissed about tonight. Classic let down game for most every NFL team coming off an emotional win like that, on the road and on a short week. We had a shot at the end. Isaiah Simmons showed out. Penalties killed us (probably the most frustrating trend). Everyone contributed to the loss but everyone had positive plays as well. With our cluster injuries on the DLine, it was closer than I thought it would be.
I’d agree with this breakdown. Just frustrating bc they actually had a shot. Surprisingly.

kind of surprised with a talking heads fawning over the Seahawks over this game.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
I thought it could happen earlier this season,but they seem to want him at OT. I am guessing he goes to RT. Adding a guy like Brandon Scherff might make sense on a one year deal to put next to him.

Yeah I confused the positions. He'll likely slide into RT next season. Ignore my post.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We need to beat. New England next week is the biggest game of the year hands down. We lose and we are in serious trouble. Win and we are 7-4 and probably right there. Next week is a must win

Agree on the NE game. With two against the Rams lurking, who always seem to push us around, a loss could send things into a situation we can’t climb out of.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Yeah...I'm not too pissed about tonight. Classic let down game for most every NFL team coming off an emotional win like that, on the road and on a short week. We had a shot at the end. Isaiah Simmons showed out. Penalties killed us (probably the most frustrating trend). Everyone contributed to the loss but everyone had positive plays as well. With our cluster injuries on the DLine, it was closer than I thought it would be.

Our boy played a full game tonight. I think this was his coming out party.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If you want to join me & others in the year of 2020 after still living in 2015, I’ll welcome you.

Did I say he was elite - No - he isn't.

He is better than average - yes he still is.

Better than average CB's are hard to acquire.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This game highlights why you let someone else pay Haason Reddick.

here’s a guy that really benefits when the dline can occupy bodies.

he struggled tonight with all the backups in at the line, but he has thrived when he’s had space to operate this year.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
that must be why so many teams have corners that shut down DK!

I’ll inform them to “use free agency and draft a couple”!
It’s not just dk. He’s clearly lost a step cover top wrs at this point in his career and it makes his lack of toughness tackling a glaring issue. When he was a shutdown corner you deal with his shortcomings. Now that he’s a mortal in coverage and still deficient as a tackler and he wants a big contract? Time to let someone else hold that time bomb.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I could have lived with an OT loss. Not getting a TD on that last drive was pathetic.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This game highlights why you let someone else pay Haason Reddick.

I have never wanted to resign him unless it's cheap and he is a backup. He is not a good enough pass rusher, and he is not big and strong enough to effectively play the run.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I guess it depends what he asks for. If he wants top5 CB money you part ways. If he’s willing to take 4/40/25 you slam the pen in his hand.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
here’s a guy that really benefits when the dline can occupy bodies.

he struggled tonight with all the backups in at the line, but he has thrived when he’s had space to operate this year.
Valid point. But that’s why he’s not a true game changer, but rather a nice piece of a defense.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Agree. Our oline isn’t the worst it’s ever been but I don’t see it as a strength.

They got MASSIVELY over-rated after last year. "They only gave up blah blah number of sacks"....meanwhile Murray was running for his life.

We resigned DJ Humphries because of the classic "what if the next guy is even worse" argument, and locked ourselves out of improving that spot...which we could have.

Our O-line has regressed this year, and I don't care that we have the "#1 rushing attack"....that is on Murray...not on our O-Line. When we need 2 yards, we can't get it. They give up a lot of pressure, and they let Murray get hit too often.

We need to spend FA money and draft capitol on 2 starting OG's. OT will have to wait until we have an out in Humphries contract.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA