Cardinals at Seahawks gameday thread 11-19-20

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
I go into this really not knowing what to expect, our D is awful and even worse then that at times and then there's those certain plays or drives where they shut everything down the opposing Offense tries to do. This team is not consistent as it keeps growing and trying to find it's identity so I'll not get my hopes up for a Win since the last 2 weeks games made my blood pressure go higher then Spicoli in Mr Hands history class but that just means I will be even more ecstatic if we pull out a big win!

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Another TV game! Hopefully the Cards can keep it going but it won’t be easy. GBR!
For the first time in more than 50 years, I'm getting phone calls from old friends voicing excitement over the Cardinals' Hail Murray" heroics. Many plan to watch tonight's game vs. Seattle - this wouldn't ever happen before).

How the Cardinal community handles all that love (i.e. with overconfidence or, conversely, rightfully-earned confidence) could be a crossroads moment in time for this franchise.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I go into this really not knowing what to expect, our D is awful and even worse then that at times and then there's those certain plays or drives where they shut everything down the opposing Offense tries to do. This team is not consistent as it keeps growing and trying to find it's identity so I'll not get my hopes up for a Win since the last 2 weeks games made my blood pressure go higher then Spicoli in Mr Hands history class but that just means I will be even more ecstatic if we pull out a big win!

I've given up trying to predict this team.

I thought we would beat Miami convincingly. I thought we would get beat by the Bills by 7. Basically, whatever you think should happen expect the opposite.

As we just beat them 2 weeks ago and our record at Century Link is good the overall feeling I'm getting from this board is they expect a win. So we probably lose.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Another TV game! Hopefully the Cards can keep it going but it won’t be easy. GBR!

Pretty crazy to think the Cards are already in their 3rd prime time game this season and you know more will come if they keep winning. Feels good to be back in the national spotlight.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Sorry, I'm going to have to post a FF question.

After starting the season 6-1 I've lost the last 3 in close games and I need to break the streak.

I have 2 spots for 3 RB's.

Todd Gurley vs the Saints. Saints are tough to run on but Gurley gets a lot of carries inside the 10 to finish off drives.

Drake vs Chicks - 100 yard game on Sunday but he's doing nothing at all at receiver and the only goal line carries he gets are inside 2 yards. Murray runs in everything between 10 and 3 and Edmonds gets the 20-10's.

Carlos Hyde vs Us - I picked him up off waivers as I don't expect Carson to be fit, or his he is to get limited carries. Hyde has practiced fully all week and might be primary back. Doesn't look like it will rain either.

It's pickle. Drake and Gurley are the obvious ones but Drake sucks in fantasy this year. Which obviously means if I drop him he scores 30 points.

Don’t overthink it...Roll with Drake & Gurley.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ridiculous Russell Wilson stats:

Wilson is 32-9 in his career following an in-season loss. That’s the league’s best such record in the last 50 years, since the 1970 NFL-AFL merger.

Wilson is 8-1 in Thursday Night games.

Wilson has never lost 3 regular season games in a row.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Not confident in this game. Seattle is playing at home and hasnt lost there all season. We have cardboard cutouts on the d-line. Russ has never lost three in a row.

Think we lose 38-28

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don’t overthink it...Roll with Drake & Gurley.

Is that not under thinking it? Drake is RB29 in Fantasy. My gut is to roll with Drake but my brain says he's just not getting the FF points to warrant it.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ridiculous Russell Wilson stats:

Wilson is 32-9 in his career following an in-season loss. That’s the league’s best such record in the last 50 years, since the 1970 NFL-AFL merger.

Wilson is 8-1 in Thursday Night games.

Wilson has never lost 3 regular season games in a row.

Ok, I'm logging on to the bookies and betting the Seahawks.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hope cards least play competitively in Seattle probably be another rollercoaster type gm....

Let's go big red... nervous as heck on gm now

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not confident in this game. Seattle is playing at home and hasnt lost there all season. We have cardboard cutouts on the d-line. Russ has never lost three in a row.

Think we lose 38-28

They have 'cardboard cutouts' in their defensive backfield.

(and when has the Seagags record at home mattered to us?) ;)

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I've given up trying to predict this team.

I thought we would beat Miami convincingly. I thought we would get beat by the Bills by 7. Basically, whatever you think should happen expect the opposite.

As we just beat them 2 weeks ago and our record at Century Link is good the overall feeling I'm getting from this board is they expect a win. So we probably lose.

hard fan reality, there is NO hard link between what you think and the outcome of an NFL game:D

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thought we’d win last week, but have a feeling it will be tough to rally away, on short week against a team desperate for a W, especially coming off our miracle finish.

feels like a spot for a slight emotional letdown with odds stacked against us.

as always hope to be proven totally wrong!

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
I’m rolling with the under on this game. Not sure why I just get the feeling this game isn’t going to go as most are expecting.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I’m already feeling super nervous about this one. We need to come out guns blazing and get up on them early, force them to abandon the run. Also put them to the sword and don’t let up

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

feels like a spot for a slight emotional letdown with odds stacked against us.

as always hope to be proven totally wrong!

I have no emotional let down!