2020 Draft

Raze

Suns fan since '89
Reaction score
I wish the Suns had something to offer to move back into the draft. Future 2nds and our 2024 first is all we really have to offer though.
... or money + picks.

Now would be the time to purchase a late first for Tyrell Terry.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Hard to say Jones has been terrible when he has built a roster that’s gone from bottom10 to top10 in two years.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did Utah just draft Greg Ostertag again?

If that was Udoka Azubuike, nobody better be putting up shots near the rim. He has incredible measurements. Good defensive center.

Everyone will be shooting jump shots against Jazz.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hard to say Jones has been terrible when he has built a roster that’s gone from bottom10 to top10 in two years.

That was primarily due to improvement in Ayton, Booker, Mikal, and Oubre and probably most importantly getting Monty.

Yes Rubio helped - but we had to throw our cap space at someone, not a difficult signing.

He did get Dario. Javon Carter was fine, but he gave up Melton to get him who is actually better.

He gave up Holmes to get Baynes - to me Holmes is better and he wasted a first rounder on Ty Jerome.

He drafted Cam, but there were better players available at that pick. I give him a pass on that, but my point is it was not actually an impressive pick.

Kaminsky was not a good signing.

Yes we got better, but we could have gotten much better if things were done well.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Banes goes to Grizzlies at 30 in trade with Celtics.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Celtics sent our pick (Ty Jerome + Baynes) to Memphis for Desmond Banes

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That was primarily due to improvement in Ayton, Booker, Mikal, and Oubre and probably most importantly getting Monty.

Yes Rubio helped - but we had to throw our cap space at someone, not a difficult signing.

He did get Dario. Javon Carter was fine, but he gave up Melton to get him who is actually better.

He gave up Holmes to get Baynes - to me Holmes is better and he wasted a first rounder on Ty Jerome.

He drafted Cam, but there were better players available at that pick. I give him a pass on that, but my point is it was not actually an impressive pick.

Kaminsky was not a good signing.

Yes we got better, but we could have gotten much better if things were done well.

His biggest blunder was paying to dump TJ Warren.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the Suns are done with the draft. They don't have a second round pick unless they acquire one.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mavericks get Tyrell Terry. They like their shooters and he has the potential to play point guard.

Raze

Suns fan since '89
Reaction score
If that was Udoka Azubuike, nobody better be putting up shots near the rim. He has incredible measurements. Good defensive center.

Everyone will be shooting jump shots against Jazz.
Yeah, I loved him too. Underated.

Just thought it was funny that Utah drafted a 280 lb center from Kansas to go with their two star players... again.

Hope they start calling him "The Big U".

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Seth Curry to the Sixers to play for his Father in Law Doc Rivers!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I loved him too. Underated.

Just thought it was funny that Utah drafted a 280 lb center from Kansas to go with their two star players... again.

Hope they start calling him "The Big U".

And Tyler Bey (36) ends up in Dallas.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I say he has sucked, I am talking about his personnel acquisitions. He seems fine at managing the existing players and signing coaches.

Jamal Crawford really? He was actually awful statistically. He certainly did not move the needle - cannot see how you think that was a good move. Maybe not a terrible one, but not a good one either.

Ariza for Oubre was an accident - he didn't even want Oubre the whole Brooks confusion saved him. Yeah he got lucky on that one.

Baynes trade was not good - We gave up a first rounder to take Ty Jerome a horrible pick, and ate up cap space on Baynes that could have been used more effectively. For instance Rashaan Homes - who would have been cheaper and who we would not be losing now to FA.

Cam Payne was again complete luck. He has never played remotely as well as he did for the Suns in the bubble - in all likelihood it was a complete fluke.

I can see disliking the moves you point out but I think you're also being a little more negative than needed. Like the Baynes trade, we traded #30 this year to bring in a potential PG of the future, who didn't pan out but was low cost, and a good backup big. Baynes was better than Holmes last year. I liked Holmes but his off-season arrest sealed his fate. They weren't bringing him back after that.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose