“He’s too short”???

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Here’s the point of my thread, for the angry haters out there.
Murray had an OK year last year, but certainly didn’t disprove all of those saying he was too short to make it. This year he has is starting to show what I thought all along. Kyler Murray is an MVP Candidate!

Why did you just change your profile and guise your age, again your youth is saying a lot but that's ok because we have all been young dumb and full of it. Again, sit back while learning something and for the record getting offensive rookie of the year shows more than being 'OK'

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
The thing I keep hearing analysts say that kind of annoys me is when they still try to suggest that he's like 5'7" or something. Are we suggesting some sort of conspiracy that the combine is faking player measurements?

Not that it matters just how tall he is because clearly he is just fine at his height.

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
lol

lol that is not a phrase I want to google!

The 'Walking Dead' is a show about Dominance---who is going to come out on top? Will it be the zombies or will it be the human competition? Generally, the plot line revolves around Male Dominance. On occasion, you'll have a female character who is dominating her group---it's not surprising that 'Alpha' is the alpha female. Negan (the current Alpha Male) kills Alpha on behalf of Carol (one of the original Alpha females).

It pretty much the same thing on this football forum---who is the Alpha Dog whose opinion overrides everyone else? What happens when two Betas start squabbling over the bone in the line of succession?

Who wants to argue with someone who has the avatar of Negan and his huge baseball bat on his shoulder? LOL.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He has balls batted down at the line that might not be if he was taller. Having said that his other talents overcomes that issue IMO and he usually seems to get rid of the ball quickly or find passing lanes.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 'Walking Dead' is a show about Dominance---who is going to come out on top? Will it be the zombies or will it be the human competition? Generally, the plot line revolves around Male Dominance. On occasion, you'll have a female character who is dominating her group---it's not surprising that 'Alpha' is the alpha female. Negan (the current Alpha Male) kills Alpha on behalf of Carol (one of the original Alpha females).

It pretty much the same thing on this football forum---who is the Alpha Dog whose opinion overrides everyone else? What happens when two Betas start squabbling over the bone in the line of succession?

Who wants to argue with someone who has the avatar of Negan and his huge baseball bat on his shoulder? LOL.

The good news is I rarely have an extreme position to argue.

oh yeah

spoiler alert!!!

OP
OP
cardcrazy

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
OK well obviously My title could have been a bit softer.
I do remember a number of posters saying KM was too short for the NFL, even some mocking his size with short jokes. I’m just saying that he is NOW in the running for league MVP and is in no way too short to make it.
My comment of “angry haters” was pointed at those that instantly wanted to attack my thread as beating a dead horse or more specifically those named oaken1, and not those that thought KM was too short.
But I bet it’s not a coincidence that they are in fact the “he’s too short” posters.
For the record I haven’t changed anything on my profile, I’m 56 and 5’11”.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought he could be too short. He's proven he is not. It's not like him being one of the shortest quarterbacks in league history was a concern only on ASFN. It was a nationwide story. I'm sure at this point everyone is happy to have him and neener neener threads don't really do anything.

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
OK well obviously My title could have been a bit softer.
I do remember a number of posters saying KM was too short for the NFL, even some mocking his size with short jokes. I’m just saying that he is NOW in the running for league MVP and is in no way too short to make it.
My comment of “angry haters” was pointed at those that instantly wanted to attack my thread as beating a dead horse or more specifically those named oaken1, and not those that thought KM was too short.
But I bet it’s not a coincidence that they are in fact the “he’s too short” posters.
For the record I haven’t changed anything on my profile, I’m 56 and 5’11”.

A few days ago, I posted a thread regarding which player would you now take if it came down to Fitz, E. Manning, Big Ben, or Rivers. I thought it was an original question but it was quickly pointed out to me that it 'had been done before.' What did I do? I borrowed Negan's bat from BigRedRage---no, not really. LOL.

If someone gives you schtiz, just add your own to the mix, and toss it back. No need to get upset---we're all going bananas with the Covid business. Pretty simple---and keep on laughing.

OP
OP
cardcrazy

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
I thought he could be too short. He's proven he is not. It's not like him being one of the shortest quarterbacks in league history was a concern only on ASFN. It was a nationwide story. I'm sure at this point everyone is happy to have him and neener neener threads don't really do anything.

Neener Neener Neener!

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's the thing.

We have an MVP candidate at quarterback which is kind of unbelievable where this team was two years ago.

Everybody's rejoicing in it and many of the posters here who had reservations about Murray have owned up to it.

So when a poster comes here calling out people like he's up on a pedestal and the only one with enlightened knowledge a year and a half after the fact it comes across as being a jackalope.

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Here's the thing.

We have an MVP candidate at quarterback which is kind of unbelievable where this team was two years ago.

Everybody's rejoicing in it and many of the posters here who had reservations about Murray have owned up to it.

So when a poster comes here calling out people like he's up on a pedestal and the only one with enlightened knowledge a year and a half after the fact it comes across as being a jackalope.

Here's the OP question at the beginning of the thread:

"Who on here said Kyler Murray is too short to make it in the NFL?"

All the extra that you attribute to the OP is on you and how you interrupted his question. Is he 'calling people out' or is he asking for a count of people who thought KM is too short? How do you hear the tone that the OP is "up on a pedestal?" How does that single question demonstrate that he is saying that he is the only one "with enlightened knowledge?"

Now, I don't know the original debate---but even if I did, I would not make the attributions to this OP statement. You could see it as an olive branch on a past fierce debate. People who thought KM was too small in the past now able to come forward and relate how they have changed. . . or if they have that same opinion.

You can simply answer the question in a straight-forward way even if looks like it is beating a dead horse. Most fan discussions fall into the 'beating a dead horse' category anyway. Look at the constant gnawing away on the Isabella/Metcalf draft choice. I think that as long as KM stays healthy and is able to zig-zag down the field, he's not too short. If he ever is confined to the pocket, he is too short and will set a record for balls batted down.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's the OP question at the beginning of the thread:

"Who on here said Kyler Murray is too short to make it in the NFL?"

All the extra that you attribute to the OP is on you and how you interrupted his question. Is he 'calling people out' or is he asking for a count of people who thought KM is too short? How do you hear the tone that the OP is "up on a pedestal?" How does that single question demonstrate that he is saying that he is the only one "with enlightened knowledge?"

Now, I don't know the original debate---but even if I did, I would not make the attributions to this OP statement. You could see it as an olive branch on a past fierce debate. People who thought KM was too small in the past now able to come forward and relate how they have changed. . . or if they have that same opinion.

You can simply answer the question in a straight-forward way even if looks like it is beating a dead horse. Most fan discussions fall into the 'beating a dead horse' category anyway. Look at the constant gnawing away on the Isabella/Metcalf draft choice. I think that as long as KM stays healthy and is able to zig-zag down the field, he's not too short. If he ever is confined to the pocket, he is too short and will set a record for balls batted down.
Fair enough. I made my judgment on the title of the thread. "He’s too short”??? looks smarmy to me. And then look at the post right above mine and his condescending attitude. I hate when people do the "I told you so" as it just is done to self-inflate oneself. I still stand by my thoughts

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Fair enough. I made my judgment on the title of the thread. "He’s too short”??? looks smarmy to me. And then look at the post right above mine and his condescending attitude. I hate when people do the "I told you so" as it just is done to self-inflate oneself. I still stand by my thoughts

Fair enough as well. Words get us all in trouble. I read the "Neener, Neener, Neener' reply as an attempt to lower the temperature and throw in some humor. I advised the OP to take the schitz and add his own and toss it back. He got a 'Neener. Neener' and added a 'Neener' and responded with 'Neener, Neener, Neener.' LOL.

The world as we know it is coming to an end and I'm discussing 'Neener, Neeners."

I'm not offended at all if someone wants to 'toot his own horn.' To prove my point, just pull my finger.

OP
OP
cardcrazy

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
Fair enough as well. Words get us all in trouble. I read the "Neener, Neener, Neener' reply as an attempt to lower the temperature and throw in some humor. I advised the OP to take the schitz and add his own and toss it back. He got a 'Neener. Neener' and added a 'Neener' and responded with 'Neener, Neener, Neener.' LOL.

The world as we know it is coming to an end and I'm discussing 'Neener, Neeners."

I'm not offended at all if someone wants to 'toot his own horn.' To prove my point, just pull my finger.

Thank you!
Looks like a sensitive subject.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who on here said Kyler Murray is too short to make it in the NFL?

I don't think anyone said he was too short to make it in the NFL.

There were concerns over how well he would do because of his height and size, but we've all seen shorter QB's have some success in the league.

People were concerned whether or not he was 100% dedicated to football or whether he'd try to play baseball also...

People were concerned about field vision and there are complaints every game that he misses spotting open WR's on plays.

People were concerned about passes being batted down at the line of scrimmage - which happened as recently as last night.

People were concerned about his durability once his smaller frame started getting hit - and he seemed off last night after one sack landed him on his shoulder.

People were concerned about winning a Super Bowl (the ultimate goal) with a shorter QB (very rare occurrence) - and the book is still out on this one.

We rolled the dice and have seen some promising play and some frustrating play from our QB.

Again, no one said he was too short to make it in the league, IIRC, but there were other concerns.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave