15 thoughts - Bills game

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
I do. That said, Reddick is an undersized OLB who is a liability vs the run. Paying a role player full time dollars is almost always a mistake.

If we didn't pay kareem martin to keep him here we sure as hell ain't paying reddick. We should've resigned him last year if hindsight was 20/20.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Was rewatching the game and in the first quarter, Allen got a high snap but still handled it. He then tried to save the play and ran to his right and got gang tackled for loss of 5. Why wasn't that considered a sack?

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kyle Van Noy got 4yrs 51 mil (12.75 per year)...last year. I get that vet contracts might be lower, but pass rushers get paid over market even in bad markets. Lots of older edge rush FA next year whose salaries may get pushed down, but the under 30 class is Bud Dupree, Shaq Barrett, Clowney, Ngakoe, Leonard Floyd, and Haason Reddick. 9 teams who currently have over 30 mil in cap space.

I agree with this, and I certainly won’t rule out that someone will pay big money for Reddick. My point is that the salary cap has changed to a hard cap, and the salary cap floor will go down to 175 million from 198 million this year. On top of that, nobody know how it will develop in the future, so it would be a risk to push guarantees into the future.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
He fairly routinely makes plays in the backfield
He also routinely loses backside contain due to over pursuing down the line. Teams target him in the run game. You will see it on Thursday. The only way he can make plays is by dipping around the lead blocker which creates holes to run through.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
You say that, but I haven't seen him get rolled in the run game.

And since Chandler went down he has been more than a role player and holding up quite well. IMO.
He gets rolled and loses contain backside. Yes, he is playing more. But, in his three games this year playing more than 65% of snaps, he has only one sack. So, he is playing more snaps but getting less sack production. He also has 3 of his 9 QB hits, but those all came in one game.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Was rewatching the game and in the first quarter, Allen got a high snap but still handled it. He then tried to save the play and ran to his right and got gang tackled for loss of 5. Why wasn't that considered a sack?

It normally depends on if the O line and WRs are run blocking. I assume it must have been a run play that was blown up by the snap?

That's how the guy who won a mil had it taken off him a few weeks ago. Foles was sacked but ut was later changed to a TFL because of the blocking scheme.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
He also routinely loses backside contain due to over pursuing down the line. Teams target him in the run game. You will see it on Thursday. The only way he can make plays is by dipping around the lead blocker which creates holes to run through.
True... he is a smaller dude and lives or dies by his speed

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

3 – I think it is kind of fun to watch Dre Kirkpatrick play. He certainly gets beat from time to time, but he and his opponent are always in highly intense battles.

Gandhi, I came here to check your post first because I hadn't read it during the week as I usually do for some reason. I wanted to make sure I didn't belabor this point but you are so right about Dre. I re-watched the win on Sunday and he had an OUTSTANDING game. Probably his best as a Card. Between him and Byron, I have a lot less angst about the corner group. We can play even better too, but they have done an admirable job thus far, Kevin Peterson aside.