Corey Peters

WindCardinal

All Star
Reaction score
How is it already Tuesday Night and there’s still no official word on Peters injury? Seems strange to me

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm holding out hope that the silence is somehow a positive thing...Now granted that wasn't the case when I believe they waited a few days to make it official when it came to Chandler Jones.

I think best case scenario would be him some avoiding IR and simply resting this Thursday and getting two weeks of recovery in before returning against New England.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
Ya. He seemed to go down with a significant injury. I’d guess it’s not good, otherwise the team would have already put out a press release.

I saw nick Boyles injury live on Sunday night, and it something I wish I could unwatch. I really hate watching that ish. I don’t care how much money they are making.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well no word yet means it looks like the Seahawks will be finding their run game again in 2 days. No way this defense can survive without Peters.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm not 100% positive but I'm thinking they're waiting for the swelling to go down before they can do an MRI? I may be wrong? Love the dude. He's from right here in Louisville. Played at Louisville Central High School & his college ball at the University of Kentucky. I watched him play in high school, college & with the Cardinals. Loved it when we signed him.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well the season was fun while it lasted. Gonna be great to watch us get run all over the rest of the year.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ian Rapoport
⁦‪@RapSheet‬⁩

You must be registered for see images

It is a season-ending torn patellar tendon for Corey Peters, the 32-year old. A long road back.

man I've had that and it's terrible. At his age and size could be career ending depending on if it's a complete tear or not.

I was worried about that by the way he went down. usually you tear it when the knee bends inward.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Terrible news. Wish him a speedy recovery

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

unfortunately there's no such thing if it's a full tear. He'll be in an immobilizer for at least 6 weeks, then you start bending the knee again. he'll get the best medical care he can but it was an incredible grind for me. At one point I had this device rented that I put on my knee 3 times a day, it's essentially a vice, you put it on, bend the knee as far as you can, adjust it and then tighten and every few minutes you tighten it further. It keeps constant pressure on the knee and "encourages" it to bend more. You have to get back both ways, the bend and the straighten.

I can't imagine a guy his size, I had that surgery in Sept 2017 and my leg is still not 100% you lose so much muscle mass during the immoblizing part. For a guy like Peters where strength is such a huge part of his game, can't imagine how hard it's going to be for him to come back.

I hope he gets healthy he's 20 years younger than I was but also about 140 pounds bigger.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
Someone will step up.

this is exactly how dreams are made true.

I hate to see Corey go down, but the next man up should be licking his lips and ready to win.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave