2020 Draft

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Kellan Olson at Arizona Sports has been talking about these two players for a long time. That's one of the reasons everyone is familiar with them. I even did a thread on Grant Riller back in June because of it.
I know. They get caught up in certain players just like we do. I was watching NBA TVs get to know draft prospect shows. Many have been in gyms and programs during Covid and have changed a lot since college footage. So I feel like we are all operating on outdated info. There's a Duke Center/PF that is now 275 of solid muscle. Coach K thinks he has changed a LOT since he last played. That kid from Isreal looks like he has some real skills at 6'10". Interesting to watch that if you can!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And Deni Avidja going to the Spurs at #11. That seems... uninformed... to me.

It seems way off but if one looks at the players going before Deni, I guess one could make a case. Still #11 appears way too late. If this were true the Suns would take a long look at him at #10.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It seems way off but if one looks at the players going before Deni, I guess one could make a case. Still #11 appears way too late. If this were true the Suns would take a long look at him at #10.
And NBADraft says something very interesting about him - that he is considered to be the best player of his generation in Europe. That doesn't gel with me either. Isn't Luka part of that generation?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
And NBADraft says something very interesting about him - that he is considered to be the best player of his generation in Europe. That doesn't gel with me either. Isn't Luka part of that generation?
If this is the Israeli kid, he is the youngest ever to win MVP. He looks really good!!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know. They get caught up in certain players just like we do. I was watching NBA TVs get to know draft prospect shows. Many have been in gyms and programs during Covid and have changed a lot since college footage. So I feel like we are all operating on outdated info. There's a Duke Center/PF that is now 275 of solid muscle. Coach K thinks he has changed a LOT since he last played. That kid from Isreal looks like he has some real skills at 6'10". Interesting to watch that if you can!

Vernon Carey Jr. of Duke is the second rated center in the draft per Tankathon so yes, some teams may get a steal later in the draft.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

My preferred mock draft site is Tankathon. NBADraftNet is good for easy reference.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Knicks move up to 23 later in the draft giving up picks 27 and 38 to Jazz.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I am not a fan of Deni. He is basically a slightly more athletic version of Dario.

We don't need two of those guys.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well there goes any remote chance for Onyeka Okongwu.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trying to decipher. Looks like ESPN+ has Saddiq Bey coming to the Suns at 10.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I am surprised how much love there is for Desmond Bane outside of this forum.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Call me stupid but I take Tyler Bey over Saddiq Bey.

I understand that Saddiq shoots more 3's (but I don't really like his shooting technique) and is a better passer, but Tyler is longer, more athletic and a better defender.

Althought he is not the athletic freak that Shawn Marion was (only very few are), Tyler Bey reminds also me a bit of Marion.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Call me stupid but I take Tyler Bey over Saddiq Bey.

I understand that Saddiq shoots more 3's (but I don't really like his shooting technique) and is a better passer, but Tyler is longer, more athletic and a better defender.

Althought he is not the athletic freak that Shawn Marion was (only very few are), Tyler Bey reminds also me a bit of Marion.
Ha! I was thinking the same thing, but everyone here thinks I am nuts already so I kept it to myself.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CAA represents Toppin, Vassell and Haliburton.

If the Suns are hoping a player falls I think the most realistic is Haiburton. Vassell should be there at 10.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
CAA represents Toppin, Vassell and Haliburton.

If the Suns are hoping a player falls I think the most realistic is Haiburton. Vassell should be there at 10.

I have to believe the Suns want Halliburton badly.

He is basically SGA all over again.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please let that player slip to the Suns.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I hate Tweets like this.

Suns will pick said guy if guy slips to them. All my information says he won't.....except the new information that says it's possible. If the impossible scenario doesn't happen that might now be possible but may not happen? The Suns will trade back.

Really?!?! Thanks for covering all the bases for us.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to believe the Suns want Halliburton badly.

He is basically SGA all over again.

Although I like Bridges I was sick when the trade wasn't for Shai in the 2018 draft.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate Tweets like this.

Suns will pick said guy if guy slips to them. All my information says he won't.....except the new information that says it's possible. If the impossible scenario doesn't happen that might now be possible but may not happen? The Suns will trade back.

Really?!?! Thanks for covering all the bases for us.

yeah... that’s ridiculous.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave