More happening?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe not perfect, but certainly as good or better than any other situation I see. We would have the mid-level exception. He would be guaranteed a starting spot. He could push this team to the upper tier of the west. Would the guarantee and the competitiveness aspects be enough to get him to bite on the limited contract?

From what I’m reading there aren’t a lot of teams out there with cap space at all so it might be a take what you can get this season thing.

If that’s the case though, we’re probably going to be up against the Warriors or Lakers to get him. We’re def at a disadvantage there.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been an Ibaka fan for a long time.

same.

oddly enough, I’ve been thinking about the Paul since last offseason and Ouchie and I have talked about that for a while once the bubble was over.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gambo didn’t come with the Paul news. He addressed it saying that it wasn’t an unfounded rumor after it was already out there.

I listen to Gambo every day. He was saying for weeks that Chris Paul was a legitimate possibility.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
From what I’m reading there aren’t a lot of teams out there with cap space at all so it might be a take what you can get this season thing.

If that’s the case though, we’re probably going to be up against the Warriors or Lakers to get him. We’re def at a disadvantage there.
His career has taken a positive turn since he transitioned to center. Would he want to go back to pf?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I think he pushes the Chris Paul team from a playoff contender to a title contender.

he’s the PERFECT missing piece.
Really? I'm open to that, I just didn't think he has been that relevant in quite some time. I may be wrong though.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I listen to Gambo every day. He was saying for weeks that Chris Paul was a legitimate possibility.
Me too. Yes he has been saying for weeks it was a possibility but when it was first brought up he was addressing the rumor that was already out there. Burns even made the remark that it was one of the few times they didn’t have to play “don’t fear the reaper” when addressing the rumor because Gambo didn’t nix it.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really? I'm open to that, I just didn't think he has been that relevant in quite some time. I may be wrong though.

Whomever fills that spot is going to have to be a very efficient scorer, provide length, some shot blocking, stretch the floor, and not demand the ball.

There just isn't a lot of players that fit that bill. It's not that Ibaka is a game changer, he is just an incredibly efficient player.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Me too. Yes he has been saying for weeks it was a possibility but when it was first brought up he was addressing the rumor that was already out there. Burns even made the remark that it was one of the few times they didn’t have to play “don’t fear the reaper” when addressing the rumor because Gambo didn’t nix it.

Eh that is pretty much semantics.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
From what this guy is saying, this is about a player in the draft trying to push his way to the Suns.

Look at who the agents are. Look for phantom injuries.

Please let it be okwongu or Toppin

Edit: Halliburton I would be very happy for as well

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Flex from Jersey is def a suns insider he’s legit and an up and comer.

Ibaka lol there must be some other Ibaka out there I don’t know about, but the one I know about certainly isn’t making any team a title contender

No one is saying Ibaka can singlehandedly make a team a title contender. But for a team that has a pretty good mix of talent everywhere except for a gaping hole at PF... to get one who scores 15 ppg, grabs 8 boards, blocks a shot per game, plays good defense and shoots 38% from three while having championship experience, he can definitely be the last piece of the puzzle to get them there.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yup. Crazy as this sounds, especially coming from ME, Ibaka makes this team a title contender.

I really like Ibaka on this team for some reason. Wasn't he available a couple years ago and there were rumors the Suns were trying to get him. I recall something like that.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He isn't claiming to though. He is simply stating that he is hearing that a certain prospect is trying to get to Phoenix, but it isn't certain that he will drop to us. If not the plan is to trade with someone in the 11-18 range for a vet.

Makes sense. I am all for adding a young piece especially if that piece was supposed to be taken earlier.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Please let it be okwongu or Toppin

Edit: Halliburton I would be very happy for as well
I was wrong. The three CAA clients are Toppin, Haliburton and Vassell. Ball signed with Klutch.

The NBA has only two major teams. Klutch and CAA. All the rest is show dressing.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe the Suns told Gambo to say they are out on Haliburton just to try and help him drop. There is no part of me that believes he isn't #1 on James Jones board in this draft.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Just any shot blocker re bounder would help ala Ibaka!

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Maybe the Suns told Gambo to say they are out on Haliburton just to try and help him drop. There is no part of me that believes he isn't #1 on James Jones board in this draft.
Don't know if he is #1, but he has to be very high on their board. He's older, smart, versatile and has a chance to be the PGOTF.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
I watched Ibaka a lot during the Raptors title run and he was definitely a very underrated piece of that team. He didn't make many mistakes defensively, hit some timely shots and didn't need a ton of touches. He would fit extremely well with this Suns team as constructed, and probably also available for the MLE.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I watched Ibaka a lot during the Raptors title run and he was definitely a very underrated piece of that team. He didn't make many mistakes defensively, hit some timely shots and didn't need a ton of touches. He would fit extremely well with this Suns team as constructed, and probably also available for the MLE.

Ibaka would be a good piece to play next to Ayton, Cam, or Dario. Would give us a lot more flexibility to go small (Cam at the 4 and Ibaka at the 5 means a full lineup of plus shooters) or big (Ibaka and Ayton would be able to handle big front courts as well as most anyone).

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We could do a lot worse than Ibaka. He doesn't need to come here and be an all star. Playing with this team would make him better.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How old is Ibaka, really? There has been a lot of speculation about his real age. Like, does he draw social security yet?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul
Devin Booker
Mikal Bridges
Serge Ibaka
DeAndre Ayton

Cameron Payne
Dario Saric
Jevon Carter
Cam Johnson
10th pick
Veteran Minmimum Contratc

that team has one of the best starting lineups in the league. All can shoot 3s, two can create for themselves and everyone else, Ayton can create for himself and between Paul, Bridges, Ibaka and Ayton has four good to potentially great defenders.

and a solid bench to go with it.

anyone who can’t see the huge value of adding Ibaka as the final piece of the puzzle to that group is watching a different league than I am.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
How old is Ibaka, really? There has been a lot of speculation about his real age. Like, does he draw social security yet?

He addressed that awhile back.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

He's 31 and, statistically, coming off two of his best seasons ever.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul
Devin Booker
Mikal Bridges
Serge Ibaka
DeAndre Ayton

Cameron Payne
Dario Saric
Jevon Carter
Cam Johnson
10th pick
Veteran Minmimum Contratc

that team has one of the best starting lineups in the league. All can shoot 3s, two can create for themselves and everyone else, Ayton can create for himself and between Paul, Bridges, Ibaka and Ayton has four good to potentially great defenders.

and a solid bench to go with it.

anyone who can’t see the huge value of adding Ibaka as the final piece of the puzzle to that group is watching a different league than I am.

And Okongwu or Haliburton at 10. I don't want to drool.