“He’s too short”???

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think his size helps him avoid pass rush at times. He seems to almost slide under them at times.

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
How much bigger is Russell Wilson? RW has missed how many games over his career due to injury?

Here’s hoping that Murray can be just as durable as RW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It was hilarious that people ever brought his height up

I saw this throw against Bama and was sold ever since
You must be registered for see images

One of the greatest throws I have ever seen at the college level and would be the pinnacle of an average NFL qbs highlight

This told me had the natural accuracy and arm strength to develop into the best qb in the NFL

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

One of the greatest throws I have ever seen at the college level and would be the pinnacle of an average NFL qbs highlight

This told me had the natural accuracy and arm strength to develop into the best qb in the NFL
Wait..... was that in the pocket and on the move all at once?

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Oh look! Another dick slurper trying to look important because they were semi correct in an argument from two years ago!!

you go skippy!!

your so special!!

maybe mommy will love you now!!

or maybe not

Gee, a little harsh oaken1. If he argued that KM was NOT too short to play in the NFL, he's probably the only one who cares to remember the debate enough to make note of it now. Let him savor his victory. Almost everyone on the forum believes they know more about football than George Halas---except for those who don't know who George Halas is. And even if they don't know, some will agree that they do know more than George What's-his-name.

As long as his wheels hold out, KM will not be too short to play in the NFL. As soon as he has to play only from the pocket, he will be too short to play in the NFL. How's that for tippy-toeing down the sidelines?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Raises hand

Lol.. you determined all that off of 1 throw? Lol ok

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Raises hand

Lol.. you determined all that off of 1 throw? Lol ok

Its a once in a generation play, if the Sooners didnt get their butt kicks the entire game, the context of that throw would be different

OP
OP
cardcrazy

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
Here’s the point of my thread, for the angry haters out there.
Murray had an OK year last year, but certainly didn’t disprove all of those saying he was too short to make it. This year he has is starting to show what I thought all along. Kyler Murray is an MVP Candidate!

OP
OP
cardcrazy

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
By the way oaken1, Mom passed away recently and if you’d like to discuss it further I’ll be happy to meet you wherever you want.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Murray had an OK year last year, but certainly didn’t disprove all of those saying he was too short to make it. This year he has is starting to show what I thought all along. Kyler Murray is an MVP Candidate!

I understand your point, but I would disagree about last year. K1, especially in the 2nd half of the season, proved beyond a shadow of a doubt, that he was going to be a handful moving forward. It was just that our D never allowed our O to gather any momentum. Any time the O scored, the D would allow the opposition to go the length of the field. We are FAR from a finished product, and K1 will continue to improve. And he'll need to, because D's will make adjustments. He's just multi-faceted.

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Yo cardcrazy. So far, I see only 1 angry reply to your thread title "Who on here said Kyler Murray is too short to make it in the NFL?" Don't go overboard thinking that there is an army of 'angry haters' out there aligned against your opinion.

You do realize that your thread title in itself is provocative and could be viewed by those who thought that KM was too short as your angry hater comment. Did you want those who had that opinion to come forward and bow down to you and admit that you were right? I think oaken1 crossed the line with his vulgarity and comment about your Mother---I hope he has the integrity to apologize even as he reacted to your provocative demand that he come forward and bow to you being 'right.'

Back when the Cards were in turmoil trying to figure out their QB situation, I wanted a young vet over any of the highly-rated college QBs. I preferred Alex Smith or Kirk Cousins (until his asking price went through the roof). I was resigned to Rosen when we took him but held my tongue considering he was rated by many as 'the most NFL-ready QB in the draft.' Alex Smith went out with an awful injury that looked career-ending. Now, he has come back and is putting up his old passing numbers (amazing come-back player of the year story). So, am I 'right' or 'wrong' on AS? Rosen wasn't given a chance with the two awful teams he started with and is now on the bench behind Brady and learning from BA. So, am I 'right' or 'wrong' on Rosen? Or is the jury still out on his young career?

I was dead-set against Lamar Jackson after his awful Wonderlic Score and taking a look at his 'unique' passing mechanics. I was against a running QB coming into the league and going against pro-level D players who don't tolerate being humiliated by a running QB. I had to eat some crow with his success---but look at the Ravens now. D-coordinators have figured out how to defend LJ and he no longer looks invincible.
So, am I 'right' or 'wrong' on LJ?

The point is---the jury is still out on KM. He's an even smaller running QB and I cringe every time I see him weaving in-and-out with heat-seeking missiles bearing down. At what critical game moment is a D player going to take the penalty for knocking KM into next season with an illegal hit as KM goes into his baseball slide? In the game to decide the Division Championship? In the SB? Look at the Andy Dalton play that still has him out with a concussion.

Don't gloat over an opinion that for the moment has you looking as if you are right---KM is one stubbed-toe away from making you wrong. Don't take the bait when hit with vulgarity and personal insults. Provide your opinion and take the heat when someone else doesn't agree. When someone goes over the top with an angry reply, take that as their problem and not yours. If someone gives their civil opinion, that doesn't make them an 'angry hater.' They are just like everyone else on this forum who think they know more about football than George Halas. You know, ole' George 'Whats-His-Name."

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave