Arizona Cardinals @ Seattle Seahawks Pre game thread. 2020

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I think Pete Carroll and company are going to throw the kitchen sink at the Cards in this game and are going to be very motivated after we broke their home away from home winning streak vs. the Cards and will be ready to do the same to the Cards on Thursday (I believe Cards have won 3 of last 4 in Sea). This is a huge game for both teams. For Seattle, they see this game as both the opportunity to sieze back the NFC West and to put a possible insurrmountable stranglehold on the division considering the 4 games following Thursday Night. They will have--on paper-- a cake walk schedule while Cards and Rams have much tougher sechedules remaining.

For the Cardinals, this game provides an oppoturunity to separate from the division a little bit and keep them within legitimate striking distance of Seattle (with the tiebreaker) after the Hags likely win all 4 of their next games. So, even if Cards go 2-2 over their next 4 after this game, they woud only be 1-game behind the Hawks with 3 games remaing. I am not discounting the Rams either, for they clearly have the best defense and can easily win the division. I think Cards will have to play mistake free football to win this game. I am not so confident that PP will shut down DK this time. I also think Seattle is going to run all over the Cards decimated defensive line. The Cards need to attack Seattle's defense up the gut the same way they did Buffalo by opening up the game with the running of Drake, Murray and Edmonds. I would like them to work the middle of the field more with Fitz and Arnold and, of course, feed Nuk on the outside.

I think this is another shootout with Seattle winning the game 30-27.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I think Pete Carroll and company are going to throw the kitchen sink at the Cards in this game and are going to be very motivated after we broke their home away from home winning streak vs. the Cards and will be ready to do the same to the Cards on Thursday (I believe Cards have won 3 of last 4 in Sea). This is a huge game for both teams. For Seattle, they see this game as both the opportunity to sieze back the NFC West and to put a possible insurrmountable stranglehold on the division considering the 4 games following Thursday Night. They will have--on paper-- a cake walk schedule while Cards and Rams have much tougher sechedules remaining.

For the Cardinals, this game provides an oppoturunity to separate from the division a little bit and keep them within legitimate striking distance of Seattle (with the tiebreaker) after the Hags likely win all 4 of their next games. So, even if Cards go 2-2 over their next 4 after this game, they woud only be 1-game behind the Hawks with 3 games remaing. I am not discounting the Rams either, for they clearly have the best defense and can easily win the division. I think Cards will have to play mistake free football to win this game. I am not so confident that PP will shut down DK this time. I also think Seattle is going to run all over the Cards decimated defensive line. The Cards need to attack Seattle's defense up the gut the same way they did Buffalo by opening up the game with the running of Drake, Murray and Edmonds. I would like them to work the middle of the field more with Fitz and Arnold and, of course, feed Nuk on the outside.

I think this is another shootout with Seattle winning the game 30-27.
I just don't know if Seattle has the defensive capability to hold us under 30. Damn near everyone is scoring 30+ on them and a lot of those teams don't have as good an offense as us.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

Kyle Odegard
@Kyle_Odegard

·
2m

Odds to win the NFC West, per @fboutsiders
Seahawks: 36.4%
Cardinals: 31.8%
Rams: 31.3%
49ers: 0.5%

That's funny, because I would think the Rams, then Seahawks, then Cards if I was betting.

What scares me the most about this gaming is the likely onslaught of injuries that will be coming. A short week, in prime time, against a divisional opponent, for control of the division. Add all of that up and I smell trouble. Let’s hope the injury bug bites them more than us.

Agreed. I'm hoping for no injuries and then a nice long 10-day rest for the boys after this.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Has our jersey color been announced yet? I was wondering if the color rush may come out to play.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think Carroll is smart if he’s going to try to pound us. Keep Murray in the sideline and punish our depleted defensive line.
Thats certainly what the Patriots are going to try to do. Not to look ahead, but thats a team you gotta jump on early.

Hopefully Pete does the opposite.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
We have lost a ton on the DL and just happy that at the least we split games with the Seahawks on this short week to prepare. The key to the Cardinals getting to the playoffs is beating the Rams once which will be a task with the way the Rams are running the ball and Kyler cannot win a game if his offense does not have equal time of possession

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The Cardinals are going to lose this game handily.

My reasoning? This iteration of the Cardinals doesn't seem to respond well when they are favorites, not that the betting line will say that, but many of the power rankings have shifted to where the Cardinals are the top team in the NFC West.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Looks like a 43 to 47 degree night. Winds about 8 to 10mph and a 20 to 30% chance of precipitation.

Seeing as how we have been home for almost a full month now, it could play a role.
Hope not. Not sure Kyler can throw a wet football. At least seemed that way last year against the Giants.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Looking like it’ll probably rain & Russ struggles in rain games.

Idk man, I think this will be a statement game.
If it does rain I think of favors the Cards for sure. I think our run game from top to bottom is better.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hope not. Not sure Kyler can throw a wet football. At least seemed that way last year against the Giants.
How? He barely threw it & when he did, they were dropped. Pretty sure Chase dropped like 2-3 of them that game.

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Our dline is in pieces. We have 3 healthy practice squad guys and thats it. No depth or rotation. Mauro, Blackson and Coley. Everyone else is either on IR or on the injured list.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We’ve got them right where we want ‘em. Seriously it would be a big win. I expect a close game but we pull it out. I want Cards to win the Division but there is a long way to go yet.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA