Best Walk-Off TD in AZ/PHX Cardinals History

Best Walk-Off TD in AZ/PHX Cardinals History

• 2008 v. Cowboys - Sean Morey blocked punt returned by Monty Beisel for a TD in OT

• 2009 v Packers (playoffs) - Michael Adams sacks Aaron Rodgers. Fumbles ball. Dansby returns for TD

• 2011 v Rams - Patrick Peterson 99 yard punt return for TD in OT

• 2015 v Packers (playoffs) - Carson Palmer flips ball to Fitz for TD in OT

• 2020 v Bills - Murray to Hopkins Hail Mary

• Other (write in)

• 2003 v Vikings - McCown to Nate Poole to end the season

Results are only viewable after voting.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't vote for this one, becuse the play to Fitz before was so much better.

FYI, I picked the Sean Morey blocked punt, but in hindsight, I should have picked the Dansby fumble return, as it was a playoff game with bigger implications. Hard to not pick anything that has Dallas coming up on the losing end.

Go Cards!!!

You can change your vote.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this was my choice

based on how the 2nd half of that game went, I felt like when the Cards lost the coin flip, they lost the game

Rogers missed an open WR the play before that likely goes for a game winning TD

and then that play to win it.................
This^^^^

2nd was the blocked punt because it meant to me that the Cards finally arrived, especially against the bitterest of enemies.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How is nobody mentioning 1998...Chris Jacke walk-off against Chargers to send Cardinals to 1st playoffs in AZ history.

That was crazy insane to be there and witness it....Watching people tearing down the goalposts and marching them down Mill Ave....Rushing the field.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I still have a chunk of grass in a glass case from that day.

that might actually be the best simply because we were awful FOREVER and that was our first actual taste of success. And as usual, it had to come thru pain also as we had just given up a 4TH AND 20 where Craig Whelihan threw a 30 yard TD to tie the game with 15 seconds, then had to get a great run back on the kickoff and a seven yard pass from Jake to Sanders to set up the 50 yard FG.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah... anyone who was in this stadium could never say anything but the Packers 2010 OT game. This video says EVERYTHING.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

It was like Soddom Gomorrah in that place.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How is nobody mentioning 1998...Chris Jacke walk-off against Chargers to send Cardinals to 1st playoffs in AZ history.

That was crazy insane to be there and witness it....Watching people tearing down the goalposts and marching them down Mill Ave....Rushing the field.

So I had mentioned earlier that my first NFL game was the 1988 game vs the 49er's. Christmas of 1998 all of my family came out for Christmas, and since none of them other than BIL had ever been to an NFL game before, I decided that would be a good experience, and tickets wouldn't be an issue. Cards kept winning, and I started to go - oh crap. So I went down to the Tempe HQ and was still able to score 15 seats in the NEZ. What a game - the game winner was right there!

I was in the crowd rushing the field. My nephews wanted to join but since they were still young teens, their parents said no. But what a first NFL game for all of them.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I say McCown to Poole simply because the lack of talent to achieve this in comparison to the other but one must not forget this

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

Great moment. Not a TD, though.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I picked the 2015 game mainly because I was there. The play before the TD where Palmer throws it over to Fitz where he almost scored was awesome too.

In 2009 I went to the final game of regular season against the Pack. Cards lost 33-7. I picked the wrong game to go to obviously.

This is one of my all time favorite play by play in Spanish.

You have to click the 'watch on Youtube' link

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dansby OT playoff TD game winner.

I was there at that one too. I had to pick the Dallas one because I remember how bad we were getting trolled by Cowboy fans. I'd probably rather a Dallas win than a playoff win in a given year.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
2009 ending was wild. Offensive shootout only to end on a defensive TD. No one could've seen that coming. That's why I picked that.

One of the wildest things in sports I have seen in person. No one knew what to do so everyone lost their mind in a way I am not sure I have seen any other time in that stadium other than the NFC Championship.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't believe I'm the only one who picked the punt return by PP. It didn't matter nearly as much but that was one of the best plays ever. OT, huge punt, catches it backing up, 2 defenders there he gets around one then gets past the other, then he did that half spin run backwards to beat the punter and then outruns everyone the last 60 yards. If you watch the replay of that it'll tell you how much faster PP was as a rookie to what he is now.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
We were at 3 of those games, and all playoff games. Had to pick the fumble recovery, cuz was there with a packer friend from here. It was awesome. Was at the Chris Jackie fg game too and the Nate poole catch game.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
Can't believe I'm the only one who picked the punt return by PP. It didn't matter nearly as much but that was one of the best plays ever. OT, huge punt, catches it backing up, 2 defenders there he gets around one then gets past the other, then he did that half spin run backwards to beat the punter and then outruns everyone the last 60 yards. If you watch the replay of that it'll tell you how much faster PP was as a rookie to what he is now.

Of the options above, it’s probably the least likely to happen. Problem is that PR came during a time in which the team was going nowhere that season. Same with the McCown/Poole TD.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
I was only present for the blocked punt and the Dansby TD. Both made getting out of the jammed parking lot much more tolerable

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

If i could like This a 1000 times I would. This is by far The best. We hadn’t been relevant in forever till that. Playoffs were amazing that year

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I picked the 2015 game mainly because I was there. The play before the TD where Palmer throws it over to Fitz where he almost scored was awesome too.

In 2009 I went to the final game of regular season against the Pack. Cards lost 33-7. I picked the wrong game to go to obviously.

This is one of my all time favorite play by play in Spanish.

You have to click the 'watch on Youtube' link

man who is Lairdy

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I picked the Fitz flip pass for a TD instead of Dansby's because I felt like at the time we had a better chance to win the next game in the playoffs. Didn't turn out like that though. We fared better in the bounty gate game against the Saints than against the Panthers in the NFC Championship game. Still both losses. I was so positive we would beat the Panthers but didn't feel the same confidence against the Saints 6 yrs earlier.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Yeah... anyone who was in this stadium could never say anything but the Packers 2010 OT game. This video says EVERYTHING.

It was like Soddom Gomorrah in that place.
110% correct.

The guy who sat in front of me for years during that game picked me up in the row behind him, by my jersey, and lifted me over his head until I crashed in a dogpile with him and some others, hugging and screaming. I wasn't a tiny guy.

In preseason the next year, he let me know he tore a muscle in his back doing it, but it was worth it. That stadium was pandemonium, only compared to the NFC Championship the year prior. Not a quiet person there.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I voted for the Morey blocked punt, because I've only been to two Cardinals games in Arizona, and that was one of them. The other was a game in the week prior, against Buffalo.

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
For me it will always be the Sean Morey blocked punt.

I took my Grandma to that game for her birthday. It’s the only NFL game she’s ever been to live and even though she’s a Cowboys fan and they lost, she talks about it all the time still.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
110% correct.

The guy who sat in front of me for years during that game picked me up in the row behind him, by my jersey, and lifted me over his head until I crashed in a dogpile with him and some others, hugging and screaming. I wasn't a tiny guy.

In preseason the next year, he let me know he tore a muscle in his back doing it, but it was worth it. That stadium was pandemonium, only compared to the NFC Championship the year prior. Not a quiet person there.
Yes, I was at that nfc championship game as well. The stadium was rocking that day. On the opening kickoff the ball fell off the tee from the noise. Man we were on fire that day.