Onward

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I didn't see a thread for this one. Wow, this was bloody awful. I've been DYING for a good movie to use my Stubs membership on, and this wasn't it. I left and went home rather than waste the rest of a good evening on it.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Onward

Release Date: March 6, 2020
Studio: Walt Disney Pictures, Pixar Animation Studios
Director: Dan Scanlon
MPAA Rating: PG for action/peril and some mild thematic elements
Screenwriter: Dan Scanlon
Genre: Animation, Fantasy, Family

Starring: Chris Pratt, Tom Holland, Octavia Spencer, Julia Louis-Dreyfus

Plot Summary: The story is set in a world with no humans, only elves, trolls and sprites. The film centers on two teenage elf brothers whose father died when they were too young to remember him. But thanks to the little magic still left in the world, the boys embark on a quest that will allow them a chance to spend one last magical day with their father. In the film, unicorns are so common that they’re considered pests.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't see a thread for this one. Wow, this was bloody awful. I've been DYING for a good movie to use my Stubs membership on, and this wasn't it. I left and went home rather than waste the rest of a good evening on it.

My wife and I first saw the trailer for this in the theater and we both had the same reaction: It'll probably do well, but we had no desire to see it at all (and we are huge Pixar movie fans).

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
My wife and I first saw the trailer for this in the theater and we both had the same reaction: It'll probably do well, but we had no desire to see it at all (and we are huge Pixar movie fans).

I mea, Pixar, an interesting premise...I wasn't gung ho on it, but I thought it would be palatable, at least.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
From the moment I saw the first trailer I dreaded my boys wanting to see it. They aren’t pushing so we ain’t seeing it.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
From the moment I saw the first trailer I dreaded my boys wanting to see it. They aren’t pushing so we ain’t seeing it.

I remember seeing a trailer for this a long time ago, maybe 18 months ago. And then I didn't see anything else on it and then another trailer at star wars that seemed to have a completely different movie

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Something is off about this movie, for Pixar it was very hollow. Maybe I've just lost my mind with cabin fever, though.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We watched it last night. Thought it was cute. Hard for my husband to watch since his dad was a deadbeat and he never had a brother.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Something is off about this movie, for Pixar it was very hollow. Maybe I've just lost my mind with cabin fever, though.

No, you haven't lost your mind. I was appalled that this was a Pixar movie. Definitely didn't live up to the studio standard.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I kinda agree. Usually Pixar will rip your heart apart and the word about this movie was this was the most tear inducing. I didn't get any of that. It's not bad, but eh.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Enjoyed it a lot. Certainly not the best of Pixar, but still quite good. I'm with Beaver on this one.... I squirted a few at the end......

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watched it with the family on Disney Plus.

Probably my least favorite Pixar movie to date. Was it terrible? No. However I hold Pixar to a different standard and this one fell flat for me.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Watched it with the family on Disney Plus.

Probably my least favorite Pixar movie to date. Was it terrible? No. However I hold Pixar to a different standard and this one fell flat for me.

I agree they’ve just set the bar so high. It’s a decent movie not bad but it can’t hold a candle to some of the others

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I do not understand how this movie has a 7.4 rating at IMDB and an 88/94 rating at RT. I thought it was barely watchable until the end, which was decent.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
I do not understand how this movie has a 7.4 rating at IMDB and an 88/94 rating at RT. I thought it was barely watchable until the end, which was decent.

Exactly! So cringeworthy. I barely made it past the "tavern" scene.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Bad movie, but then again I pretty much hate most animated movie.

Toy Story was hot garbage too. I liked the other ones.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose