NBA trade thread

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No bench at all though.

One thing is 1000% sure: Giannis is signing his supermax.

you think so? I don’t see Giannis resigning with them at all. Holiday is a slight upgrade at best and that team is still a massive pretender. I think he ends up in Miami after this season.

they got Bogdan also, huh? I still think they’re not that much better.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Milwaukee just set an unbelievable standard. Do the Nets make another future mortgaging trade for Harden after they just came out of the darkness from the last one? At least Harden isn't as old as Pierce and Garnett were, but I have my doubts about a Kyrie, Harden, and Durant trio. Nash might have to bring in the zen master, Phil Jackson as an assistant to keep them in line.

that ********* makes no sense to me. Would definitely be interesting to see them try.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
you think so? I don’t see Giannis resigning with them at all. Holiday is a slight upgrade at best and that team is still a massive pretender. I think he ends up in Miami after this season.
Losing all those first rounders? They would never do that if Giannis was going to bolt.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Losing all those first rounders? They would never do that if Giannis was going to bolt.

I think they’re doing whatever they can to try and win now hoping that will keep him next offseason.

Maybe I’m wrong here, but if I’m Giannis I’m looking around at KD has Kyrie, LeBron has AD, Jovic has Murray and rising star Porter, Kawhi has PG13, hell, even Jimmy Butler has Bam and Dragic and I have... Middleton, Holiday and... Bogdan?

meh. I ain’t signing SQUAT if I’m Giannis right now. Especially because without picks, that team is going to be... this team basically for the rest of his prime.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Yeah, the only way this deal gets made imo is if it's what it took to get Giannis to sign.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jrue is much better than Bledsoe and Bogdan is an awesome fit there. They’re above Miami now.

The Bucks just got really good. Keep all that talent going East.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think they’re doing whatever they can to try and win now hoping that will keep him next offseason.

Maybe I’m wrong here, but if I’m Giannis I’m looking around at KD has Kyrie, LeBron has AD, Jovic has Murray and rising star Porter, Kawhi has PG13, hell, even Jimmy Butler has Bam and Dragic and I have... Middleton, Holiday and... Bogdan?

meh. I ain’t signing SQUAT if I’m Giannis right now. Especially because without picks, that team is going to be... this team basically for the rest of his prime.

Agreed. This is a massive gambit by the Bucks. They're praying that this trade convinces him that the Bucks are contenders... and that the Covid uncertainty makes an early supermax deal more appealing.

From an outside perspective, I would still give pretty good odds that Giannis leaves, probably to Miami. If Giannis has not signed an extension by new years then they'd be idiots not to sell him to the highest bidder. At that point he only stays on the slim chance they win a title.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Holiday is star. What the Suns gave up for Paul I would add 2 first to that to get holiday.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess teams don’t mind helping the bucks either lol!

It's funny how that works.

Bucks vastly improve with Jrue Holiday from the Pelicans and Bogdan Bogdanovic from the Kings.

For the Pelicans and Bucks, they both win because they are in different places. Pelicans are still building.

The Kings apparently felt it was too costly to keep Bogdon. I like him a lot.

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
You’re exactly right. Timing and needs dictate many moves which seem illogical on the surface.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Reports are saying Giannis is going to re-sign with the Bucks. That is why they made those trades yesterday.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

If the Bucks continue to win, those first-round picks won't be worth much. How many guys who are picked between 20-30 make big impacts? Milwaukee can build their roster through free agent signings.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed. This is a massive gambit by the Bucks. They're praying that this trade convinces him that the Bucks are contenders... and that the Covid uncertainty makes an early supermax deal more appealing.

From an outside perspective, I would still give pretty good odds that Giannis leaves, probably to Miami. If Giannis has not signed an extension by new years then they'd be idiots not to sell him to the highest bidder. At that point he only stays on the slim chance they win a title.

I think it's just a gamble they had to take. And I doubt it was done without buy-in from Giannis.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I think it is protection too. If Giannis leaves they have two good peices to build on.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If Giannis leaves they will be battling to avoid the lottery and they have no picks.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Holy Shiz at that Pelicans haul:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Three firsts for Jrue Holiday and they get back Bledsoe? WHAT?

Wow, Millwaukee is desperate to try and keep Giannis