Enjoy your "Phoenix Fluke"

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That was the least fluky hail mary I've seen in forever. It's not tipped, nobody jumped early and mistimed it. There's no offensive PI it's just one guy jumping higher than the 2 guys there and the 3rd guy coming in to try and break it up actually knocks his own teammate, White, down in the process.

Just a great play. Can we repeat it, maybe not, but that was not a fluke

and for Murray to get that ball off and get it there was other worldly

Enjoy your bitter beer face Billsfan412

It wasn't a hail Mary.

A hail Mary is multiple receivers and defenders in the EZ and you just throw it up and hope.

This was a pin point pass to the one and only receiver in the EZ.

Calling it a hail Mary is a disservice.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That was the least fluky hail mary I've seen in forever. It's not tipped, nobody jumped early and mistimed it. There's no offensive PI it's just one guy jumping higher than the 2 guys there and the 3rd guy coming in to try and break it up actually knocks his own teammate, White, down in the process.

Just a great play. Can we repeat it, maybe not, but that was not a fluke

and for Murray to get that ball off and get it there was other worldly

Enjoy your bitter beer face Billsfan412
I was actually thinking something similar. While I don’t think we may ever see that again in our lifetimes, and I recognize it’s as low a percentage play as likely possible, there’s not a lot of luck involved. Think of it this way:

was kylers evading the rush lucky? No. That’s who he is.

was his throw lucky? Not really. He didn’t just chuck it up and hope someone caught it. He located our best wr and threw it right to him.

did the bills defenders fall down or get pushed in the back? Nope. All three of them were directly in position to make a defensive play and went up with hop. They just couldn’t make the defensive play and knock it away.

was hop’s catch an accident? Was it deflected into his hands? Did he bobble it? Nope, no, absolutely not. He went up amidst three defenders. High pointed the ball and came down with it cleanly.

so was that play lucky? Nope. Not one part involved luck. Was it drawn up that way? Likely no. Will we see it again? Unlikely. Was it extraordinary? Absolutely.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’s a young Ben Roethlisbereerer

But apparently a much better person

There are pics of him as a kid at some camp in Central California(he's from Firebaugh near Fresno) where he gets to meet his idol, Aaron Rodgers. He says he always tries to be nice to kids because when he was younger he was ignored by a San Francisco Giants player and he never forgot that it hurt his feelings. Ironically people think Rodgers is a jerk but Allen said one of the things Rodgers told him was always be polite to people and kids, if you're not they won't forget about it.

his QB coach in offseasons was Carson Palmers brother Jordan and he's on the record Allen has the strongest arm he's ever seen.

Early on he seemed so wild but Palmer said after working with him he realized all his accuracy problems are footwork not arm related, which I suspect is true with Kyler too

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
But apparently a much better person

There are pics of him as a kid at some camp in Central California(he's from Firebaugh near Fresno) where he gets to meet his idol, Aaron Rodgers. He says he always tries to be nice to kids because when he was younger he was ignored by a San Francisco Giants player and he never forgot that it hurt his feelings. Ironically people think Rodgers is a jerk but Allen said one of the things Rodgers told him was always be polite to people and kids, if you're not they won't forget about it.

his QB coach in offseasons was Carson Palmers brother Jordan and he's on the record Allen has the strongest arm he's ever seen.

Early on he seemed so wild but Palmer said after working with him he realized all his accuracy problems are footwork not arm related, which I suspect is true with Kyler too

I'd still take Murray over him. He still makes some REAL dumb mistakes. Unfortunately the Cardinals didn't make him pay, but there were like five interceptable passes.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Bills haven’t been relevant for 20+ years. And this is the same team that Beat the Rams on a questionable interference call after blowing a 24 point lead. People sometimes just open their mouth to switch feet

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave