P2 would move to safety

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I have been a harsh critic of PP21 for a couple of years, and would have been fine with trading him at various points.

As of right now, I'm glad he is still here. This is a team in the playoff hunt, and we have no one on the roster even close to PP21 right now. I don't think he is as good as he used to be, but he is worlds better than our other options.

When it comes to the offseason, I don't know what will happen. If I had to guess...PP21 will test free agency, and the Cards will not be willing to make him the highest paid CB in the league. If another team is...he will go to them.

I would not be opposed to resigning him, but we can't pull a DJ Humphries and decide to pay him elite money before we know if anyone else will.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
P2 has declined yet P2 is the best corner on this team. Time to extend P2 at a reasonable cost for 2-3 years.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PP21 to safety? No. I’d be thrilled if we could find somebody better and have PP21 be our number 2 DB.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
P2 has declined yet P2 is the best corner on this team. Time to extend P2 at a reasonable cost for 2-3 years.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
This is such bad logic.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I would feel comfortable extending him for another 3 years or so and moving him to safety a couple years down the road if he is no longer keeping up at CB.
I would feel comfortable extending him for another 3 years or so and moving him to safety a couple years down the road if he is no longer keeping up at CB.

Agreed, with the caveat that it is not for much money. Certainly not for top dollar.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just common sense. Watch the guy play a whole game. His coverage is good even when he gives up a score. Murphy got roasted today my Beasley and missed multiple tackles. P2 had a pick, multiple passes defended and people make silly posts. People are still upset he asked for a trade during the wilks era. So I guess it is what it is. But he's still playing at a high level.

Travdavious white of the bills had a good game as well, even though he gave up a hail mary td.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
My thing, personally? He came out yapping a lot about proving something after his PEDs suspension and it's obvious they were the reason for his amazing season or two he had while on them imo. It irks me to this day. It just is what it is for me. He's solid. But nowhere near those PED years. Jmo

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
unlike Rod Woodson, or Aeneas Williams -- who were outstanding tacklers -- P2 is not very good. That isnt a good attribute for a safety
Agree. I would see as a coaching staff if his ball hawking abilities outweigh his tackling inability first and foremost before a switch. If so, I'd be comfortable giving it a go.