My Wife

Cardiholic

Registered
Reaction score
I used to be an active member here and at the official boards years ago. I've been a Cardinals fan since I was about 10 years old and I'm now 55. My wife, who I've been with for 26 years, was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer a few days ago. We have been crying and sad and basically at a loss for words. . . . . We are both huge Cardinals fans and we pay for Sunday Ticket so we can see every game since we now live in Florida. . . . Anyway, we have been so sad and upset....but we watched the game tonight and for a few minutes, we had some smiles. . we had some joy....we actually jumped up from our seats after that catch! (which after the last few days is unbelievable) . . We are in a life and death situation right now and we didn't see any time in our near future that we would smile again. . but that game gave us joy. . and it also gave us hope. Nothing is set in stone. . there's always hope. Whether its a game or life, there's always a chance to come out on top. We are so dedicated to our Cardinals, and that game, at least today, helps us realize that there's always a chance. There's always hope. I love my wife and I love the Cardinals.. . The Cardinals helped my wife and I today. We smiled ! I didn't think we would smile for a long time again.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I used to be an active member here and at the official boards years ago. I've been a Cardinals fan since I was about 10 years old and I'm now 55. My wife, who I've been with for 26 years, was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer a few days ago. We have been crying and sad and basically at a loss for words. . . . . We are both huge Cardinals fans and we pay for Sunday Ticket so we can see every game since we now live in Florida. . . . Anyway, we have been so sad and upset....but we watched the game tonight and for a few minutes, we had some smiles. . we had some joy....we actually jumped up from our seats after that catch! (which after the last few days is unbelievable) . . We are in a life and death situation right now and we didn't see any time in our near future that we would smile again. . but that game gave us joy. . and it also gave us hope. Nothing is set in stone. . there's always hope. Whether its a game or life, there's always a chance to come out on top. We are so dedicated to our Cardinals, and that game, at least today, helps us realize that there's always a chance. There's always hope. I love my wife and I love the Cardinals.. . The Cardinals helped my wife and I today. We smiled ! I didn't think we would smile for a long time again.
I’m not crying, you’re crying! This is very touching. I’m glad you and your wife are able to experience joy during such a trying time. We will pray for your family and know you can win this battle!

long_season

Veteran
Reaction score
All ways hope my brothers. I'm an electrical engineer and will be the first to say there is no magic at work. But at life there is always things that defy logic. Keep your head up stay hopeful and happy. And try anything.... anything that you believe in.. and sometimes magic happens. Just Believe in what you are doing. The mind and belief can do amazing things. Best wishes

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much for opening up. I pray for your wife and you.

My best friend, who I have split Cards season tickets with for 15 years has stage 4 melanoma. He had to go to the hospital today, and was released just in time for the second half. Of course, I was sick with worry and really had a hard time thinking about the game separate from how he was experiencing it. This is why I stayed out of the game thread today.

To hear his sick, weak voice have some happiness when he called me after the Hail Murray play happened.... it was huge. People think sports don't matter but to your wife and my friend, it meant one hell of a lot today.

OP
OP
Cardiholic

Cardiholic

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for all the kind words....and I have to say. . . I came to this forum tonight because in 2003 my son was born with very serious health issues and everyone here and at the old official board helped me get through it. I got pretty close to a lot of you guys. I dont know how many of those people are still here but it really helped. Tonight I just felt the need to feel like I am a part of this community again. We, as Cardinal fans, stick together.. and especially the ones here on this forum. So thanks ! I knew I would get comments of positivity and thats exactly what me and my family need. THANK YOU CARDINAL FANS!

pmacLean

Veteran
Reaction score

I would love to show this post to anyone saying 'what's the big deal ?' whether your team is up or flopped and you are reacting..
I hope your wife beats her issue, i really, really do.... Peace and hope...

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Very sorry to hear this news Cardiholic... Your wife and your family will be in my prayers.
It’s good you felt compelled to come to this community. Reaching out to others - even if it’s only virtually - can be powerfully helpful.
I hope you and your wife can find peace not only from the Hail Murray victory, but from knowing that you are being thought of and prayed for by so many...
God Bless. [emoji120]

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I'm not a Cards fan, so rarely venture into this section of the site, but wanted to say sending best thoughts and hopes for your wife's recovery. Cancer is such a terrible affliction, but as some posters have noted here, it can be beaten. Keep your thoughts positive.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I remember you.

I don’t know if you’re a man of faith but I am... for whatever it’s worth I will pray for your wife.

welcome back to the board. Hopefully we will see more of you around here

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing @Cardiholic - keeping you and your wife in our prayers. Wishing you many more seasons of sharing Cardinals moments like we saw today. Stay strong and remember we are here if you ever need us. ASFN is family.