This game was lost by the coaching staff

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Geeez... why so hyper-defensive about Kliffy? I never said he “sucked.” But if you can’t accept that he is being bailed out by an amazing athletic freak of a QB, well, I’ll try not to bust that bubble you’re dwelling in AJ... [emoji106]

I agree with your take.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We can talk about the coaching but I was ready to kill Larry for fumbling that ball!

Luciano

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I couldn’t stay awake as the jet lag still kills me and around 11:30 pm I collapsed watching the game.

Just woke up, checked the board seen this thread and I was like, oh s... how bad was it.
I watched the highlights and I’m like what the hell it just happened !

Is 4:30 am no way I’m sleeping now but who cares !

Also thanks again Bill !

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is Kliff the reason that Kyler threw behind a very wide open Fitz which gave the Bills life instead of burying them?

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Is Kliff the reason that Kyler threw behind a very wide open Fitz which gave the Bills life instead of burying them?
He threw behind him on purpose because the safety was about to lay Fitz out if he doesn't.

He also threw it a little low though and that made the catch tougher to reel in. If he simply puts it on Fit'z back hip it's almost certainly a catch and he doesn't get lit up either.

That being said that is a catch that Larry makes probably 19/20 times and we are in prime position to pull away. Just unlucky that it was not only incomplete, but also turned into a pick.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
He threw behind him on purpose because the safety was about to lay Fitz out if he doesn't.

He also threw it a little low though and that made the catch tougher to reel in. If he simply puts it on Fit'z back hip it's almost certainly a catch and he doesn't get lit up either.

That being said that is a catch that Larry makes probably 19/20 times and we are in prime position to pull away. Just unlucky that it was not only incomplete, but also turned into a pick.

From the rear angle it looked like a DL got in Kyler’s line in leading Fitz so it came in behind him. Kyler gets a bigger piece of the pie chart of blame but Fitz has to haul that in. That’s the standard you know he holds himself to.

pmacLean

Veteran
Reaction score
Geeez... why so hyper-defensive about Kliffy? I never said he “sucked.” But if you can’t accept that he is being bailed out by an amazing athletic freak of a QB, well, I’ll try not to bust that bubble you’re dwelling in AJ... [emoji106]

K2 tells K1, i have infinite faith in you..if you feel something, do it..

Do you know how many young QBs have been stifled by old know it all coaches ?

K2 trusts K1 .. it's why it even works...
The 2 of them and an entire team that believes in them ( i trust you, go make that 4th down conversion) is why we will have a Super Bowl within 2 years...

We ( Az cards) have NEVER had anything like this before. A coach that publicly takes ALL the blame for losses ?
I give you BA, where EVERY loss was caused by lack of execution by the players..

I like this iteration so much better...

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
K2 tells K1, i have infinite faith in you..if you feel something, do it..

Do you know how many young QBs have been stifled by old know it all coaches ?

K2 trusts K1 .. it's why it even works...
The 2 of them and an entire team that believes in them ( i trust you, go make that 4th down conversion) is why we will have a Super Bowl within 2 years...

We ( Az cards) have NEVER had anything like this before. A coach that publicly takes ALL the blame for losses ?
I give you BA, where EVERY loss was caused by lack of execution by the players..

I like this iteration so much better...
Don’t dispute any of that... However, IMHO, Kliff will have to improve his play-calling AND Murray will have to improve his pre-snap reads and his ability to accurately deliver critical passes from the pocket, if we are to sniff a Super Bowl in 2 years.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
That's exactly why you play til.the final guns sounds. It's never over til its over
Yep. I’ve never once left or stopped watching a single Cards game before 0:00 since becoming a fan in ‘74!!!

Its funny I told the wife during the timeout before the play the Cards deserved a Hail Mary, since Warner was sacked & couldn’t get his off to Larry in SB 43. She was just laughing & like magic it then happened lol :lol::mrgreen::lol:

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I can't believe some people shut the game off. We still had a chance of winning.
Not a chance I am turning the game off with 35 seconds, 2 timeouts and Kyler at QB. Anything can happen in that circumstance.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
@82CardsGrad
We are not tied for first place
We own first place due to winning the head to head and having a higher win percentage in the division.

don’t downplay it... we earned it and we own it

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Obviously an exciting game and glad to be where we are, but after the excitement of today settles down, people will realize that there are still many deficiencies on this team that’ll make it harder for it to sustain success, and none of it will be fixed during a quick turnaround to Seattle.