The Play

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And now that the game is long over. Anybody else afraid that when Isabella started slapping D Hop on the ground he was going to knock the ball out and they were going to rule it incomplete (-:

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
that’s my favorite part. He simply raises his arms.

cool as a ******* cucumber!

Even better, he was on the sideline looking at the opposite screen when he saw it caught by Hop.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
My daughter is a server at Buffalo Wild Wings. She called just after the game.
She said the entire place erupted in a scream !!
The Play.

Would have been awesome to see that! I'm a huge fan of watching the fan's reaction to plays especially like this one. Didn't see any replays of the fans reactions in the stands after the hail mary. Pretty bummed about that.

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The last time I felt this fantastic about a catch was when Warner hooked up with Fitz in the Superbowl and Fitz cruised in for a TD. Of course, that happiness only lasted for 2:37 minutes. It's already been longer than that with the Hail Hopkins---so go ahead, pull my finger.

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I thought the 10 second play to Fitz before “The Play” was a bad mistake by Kyler but it got us just enough yardage. That is sports for ya.

Actually, it was probably part of the scripted plays to get us in position for a 50-yard Hail Mary. Even Isabella moving over to be in position to catch a batted ball was part of the design. KM knew where he had to drop the pass, Hop knew where he had to be to jump and make the catch. It is still amazing that they made connections.

That play was not 'streetball' at its best, it was a designed play to give us a win.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Actually, it was probably part of the scripted plays to get us in position for a 50-yard Hail Mary. Even Isabella moving over to be in position to catch a batted ball was part of the design. KM knew where he had to drop the pass, Hop knew where he had to be to jump and make the catch. It is still amazing that they made connections.

That play was not 'streetball' at its best, it was a designed play to give us a win.

That is true. I should’ve said I didn’t like the plan rather than calling it a mistake from Kyler. With forward momentum he can probably reach the end zone from 55+ but it worked out perfectly.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

This video explains it pretty well. Essentially the Bills couldn't sell out to defend the endzone because of how much time was left. If they just drop like 8 players deep they allow a deep play underneath to set us up for a much easier throw to end the game.

So instead they had to play more of a cover two zone with defenders covering the mid range routes. I think the Cards realized that was the case and decided to take a shot instead of just trying to get closer.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would have been awesome to see that! I'm a huge fan of watching the fan's reaction to plays especially like this one. Didn't see any replays of the fans reactions in the stands after the hail mary. Pretty bummed about that.

This was a few seconds after (TD happened in the corner of the end zone directly in front of us).

I refrained from filming the catch as I didn't want to jinx the play.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
All great coaches have had great players. KK has been mediocre at best, but he is young and learning. I am willing to give him a chance. Look where we were 2 years ago.

The "Young and learning" excuses are getting old.

If he's learning where are the signs of him learning? He makes the same mistakes week to week and has done since last season. He's awful in clutch situations.

The play that we won on wasn't even the play call, that was all Kyler and Nuk.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

If he's learning where are the signs of him learning? He makes the same mistakes week to week and has done since last season. He's awful in clutch situations.

He would have looked pretty good had Kyler not throw behind a super open Larry Fitz which would have buried the Bills.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

Kyler said in the presser that the call was for him to boot to the left. The play call was the play call. Enjoy Celine and get on with your day sir.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson