We've spent a lot of Picks and Energy on finding a monster inside DLman

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
How do we look in the interior of our DL now? Have we ever found that guy in the drafts we took a DLman with such of hope and fanfare? I remember the pundits giving a great draft grade based on some of those picks high in the draft. Were they are busts? Are we still in hope and search mode in relation to coming drafts?

Are we finally set at LB after all the ones that have come and gone?

Are we still hoping for a stud Edge rusher to draft like so many seem to wish for and discuss when each draft comes around?

Patrick Peterson is on his last legs, isn't he? And if so, is CB a top need in the upcoming draft?

I inquire about these things because it seems our Offense can score enough points each week for us to win lots of games, if only our D could match their consistency. It appears by my memory that if we could hold the other teams we play to under 20 points per game, we could be consistently on our way to the super bowl. I don't think we will ever match the Chiefs point scoring machine, but if we had a super D it would not be such a concern to have to score 40+ points to beat them or a team like them.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Still poor. But room for growth.

Corey Peters is still our best iDL.

Philips has not been worth his contract so far.

Allen has not really done anything of note. Seems to just be a warm body along with Blackson, Mauro etc

Fotu and Lawrence still babies.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
No, I'd rather kiem waste picks on offense

At least you know Kyler and kliff can make them operable

Until kiem gives up scouting duties or moves of the Cardinals will continue to miss and waff on the draft

And the draft is the easiest and best way to maintain high level consistency over the course of years

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How do we look in the interior of our DL now? Have we ever found that guy in the drafts we took a DLman with such of hope and fanfare? I remember the pundits giving a great draft grade based on some of those picks high in the draft. Were they are busts? Are we still in hope and search mode in relation to coming drafts?

Are we finally set at LB after all the ones that have come and gone?

Are we still hoping for a stud Edge rusher to draft like so many seem to wish for and discuss when each draft comes around?

Patrick Peterson is on his last legs, isn't he? And if so, is CB a top need in the upcoming draft?

I inquire about these things because it seems our Offense can score enough points each week for us to win lots of games, if only our D could match their consistency. It appears by my memory that if we could hold the other teams we play to under 20 points per game, we could be consistently on our way to the super bowl. I don't think we will ever match the Chiefs point scoring machine, but if we had a super D it would not be such a concern to have to score 40+ points to beat them or a team like them.

we haven’t spent picks trying to get a “Monster” we’ve spent picks on depth.
nobody thinks any of the guys we’ve drafted recently were monsters coming out.

D-Line isn’t really a problem on this team. Our linebackers and pass rushing needs an upgrade

OP
OP
SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
we haven’t spent picks trying to get a “Monster” we’ve spent picks on depth.
nobody thinks any of the guys we’ve drafted recently were monsters coming out.

D-Line isn’t really a problem on this team. Our linebackers and pass rushing needs an upgrade

Just seems like a lot of DTs drafted this century. Counted 16 since 2000, with 4 being in Rs 1-3. I can't remember even 1 who has made much of a difference. I am probably wrong though, hopefully there was 1.

Maybe we did better in FA or trading for one?

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Since there is a lot less FB, this year, and with guys opting out, there might be a couple of sleepers in the Draft.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just seems like a lot of DTs drafted this century. Counted 16 since 2000, with 4 being in Rs 1-3. I can't remember even 1 who has made much of a difference. I am probably wrong though, hopefully there was 1.

Maybe we did better in FA or trading for one?

since 2000 say you get 7 picks per year right so that’s 140 and 16 we’re DT that’s not really anything crazy

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
This will be a bad year for DL, especially inside.
I would love to see us go after Larry Ogunjobi in FA. His impact has been reduced under two different DCs over the past two years and in a 4-3 defense. Best season was in a 3-4 as a NT. We could offer a similar role and he is a buy low at this point.

Reaction score
Defensive line? What Defensive line? The whole two deep depth chart from the start of the season is out with injury!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson