Why Kliff?

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It’s really starting to irritate me that almost every interview he’s involved in, he has to go out of his way to compliment the other team. I just listened to the “Game Plan” & he immediately starts by saying that you have to give Miami credit for not turning the ball over not even once. NO!!! The problem was that OUR defense didn’t force any turnovers & our pass rush missed Tua 2-3 times in the backfield on plays that extended drives that eventually resulted in scores. Please stop complimenting the other team. He will take blame for his mistakes, but he is NEVER critical of Joseph or the defense. That has to stop.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
It takes 2 to tango. Miami not turning the ball over is a credit to them as well regardless of what our defense did.

That being said I would rather he give the credit to the other team than throw his guys under the bus in the press.

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
You are just overanalyzing. People loved whizenhunt and was OK with this steady stay the course talk until it got bad. Then arians and his cowboy mentality was OK until we struggled.

Kliff is doing fine. We have one of the top offensives in the NFL. Our d lack consistency, missing some folks in our secondary has had dramatic impacts on thier play in several games.

This team is still growing.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Lmao, Jesus, what a pointless thing to complain about.
Well if we are going to nit pick then I just want to point out that KK will describe being excited about something during EVERY interview.

Thank you for giving me a chance to get this off my chest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
PRetty sure Bellichick does the same thing.

I’m not sure he does it as often as Kliff but then again how many games has he actually lost the last decade? Hasn’t had very many chances for people to pay attention to it so I think people miss it.

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It’s really starting to irritate me that almost every interview he’s involved in, he has to go out of his way to compliment the other team. I just listened to the “Game Plan” & he immediately starts by saying that you have to give Miami credit for not turning the ball over not even once. NO!!! The problem was that OUR defense didn’t force any turnovers & our pass rush missed Tua 2-3 times in the backfield on plays that extended drives that eventually resulted in scores. Please stop complimenting the other team. He will take blame for his mistakes, but he is NEVER critical of Joseph or the defense. That has to stop.

That could also be a back-handed passive-aggressive way of calling out his D. Instead of slamming the D, he's giving credit to Miami. The other team only gets that credit only because our D didn't get a turnover.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

yeah being classy sucks.

why can’t our head coach throw his other coaches under the bus!!!!!

Reaction score
He will take blame, but it doesn’t seem authentic..
He tries to be too politically correct.
I guess if i had the pad he does, i would be more politically correct.
One of the reasons why i loved BA so much, is because he said it like it was.
We saw the same thing, that he did..
He was pissed like i was after losses..
He did nt compliment the other team..
Remember his classic press conference about their defense after they beat the rams.

OP
OP
PACardsFan

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Look, I’m not an anti KK guy. Like our team, he’s young and not a finished product. Just getting annoying to hear him start every interview by complimenting the other team.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Stuff like this doesnt bother me. However, while we're here..

Kliff does just seem like an agreeable guy. Is he challenging Vance? Is he on Kyler's butt about finding what we need to start a game with?

Overall so far so good though.

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
What would you like him to say? Something like "The offense is doing pretty darn good but unfortunately the defense keep letting us down. I'm not sure if the problem is the players or Vance, but they suck. Bunch of bums"

While it's true the defense isn't very good , I doubt being critical of them to the press would be good for morale. Especially a 5-3 team alive in the division battle. I imagine he is letting Vance know the defense needs to be better though.(as does special teams at times)

honestly it kind of reminds me of the Kurt Warner years a bit. Really exciting offense to watch but atrocious defense.

If the offense struggles though, we can't rely on the defense usually to help and things could get ugly in those games

Last edited:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure he does it as often as Kliff but then again how many games has he actually lost the last decade? Hasn’t had very many chances for people to pay attention to it so I think people miss it.

win or lose, I find he talks about the other teams a lot, especially prior to the game.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
PRetty sure Bellichick does the same thing.
This. Belichick slobs over the other team. I remember one time he spent minutes talking about Steve Breaston like he was Jerry Rice.

Soften them up before beating them down.