ILB is a huge need even if Simmons blossoms into a Star

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hicks is a straight up liability & has been for a while.

Campbell has cooled off from early season start

Outside of safety, need help damn near everywhere on defense.

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hicks led the defense in tackles last year.

He's got an ankle and wrist injury yet still tied for team lead in tackles this year. Team leader in tackles aint a liability.
He led an atrocious defense in tackling. That’s awesome.

Also neat to see him become a massive liability in coverage & now the run.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hicks is a straight up liability & has been for a while.

Campbell has cooled off from early season start

Outside of safety, need help damn near everywhere on defense.
I agree that it will be a need this offseason if Campbell bolts because at minimum depth will need to be addressed. Not sure what the FA market will offer but first 3 rounds of draft will go Pass rusher, CB, OL. I don’t think we have a 4th or 6th rounder this year so unless you find a gem in Round 5 the position will most likely have to be filled in draft unless we get more picks.
I was all for signing Littleton but looks like LV is regretting the contract they gave him already.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Nick Bolton would be a nice fit but I am not sure he falls to us in round 2 and I am not sure I want another high draft pick used for an ILB.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Call Campbell play the Sam? Campbell and Simmons sounds better in the coming year than Campbell instead of Simmons.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Our offense looks damn good I think we are a good RB away from being special

now our defense on the other hand. We need pass rushers, linebackers and corners

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nick Bolton would be a nice fit but I am not sure he falls to us in round 2 and I am not sure I want another high draft pick used for an ILB.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could scout and pick up guys like Dre Greenlaw in round 5 or Bobby Okereke in the 3rd.

Hell, we could have had Mack Wilson last year instead of the total waste on Hakeem Butler.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I normally would put a reasonable amount of stock in PFF grades but they have been awful this year. There are a lot that are head scratchers.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I did a completely pointless mock draft just to see who might fall to us, with the intention of double dipping at corner and taking an Edge too.

I came away with,

1. Jaycee Horn, CB
2. Hamilcar Rashed Jr, Edge
3. Jaelen Philips, Edge
5. Master Teague, RB

There were no CB's on the board worth the pick after round 1 and while Jaelen Philips is risk I don't mind using a 3rd on 5 star recruits with all the tools and tonnes of upside.

I think OLB is a bigger need than people think. CJ looked cooked before injury, we have no idea what level he will be at a year older. Golden will be 30 next season and may well not resign, especially if they resign Reddick, and Kennard is not a pass rusher. He's more a edge setter, coverage sack, mop up guy.

If we want to win a SB we need 2 legit pass rushers.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
ILB is a tough position: if you’re not fast enough then RBs and TEs burn you and you’re a liability in coverage. If you’re not big enough you can’t get off any blocks and you’re a liability against the run.

I think the best way to navigate the issue is to pick the best big defensive linemen you can, hope they can occupy the blockers enough, and have smaller and faster players everywhere else. Or get a guy like Simmons that can conceivably do it all.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave