How do you deal with a Card's Loss?

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't watch sportscenter, if I watch the Sunday night game I change the channel during the halftime highlights so I don't have to be reminded. I don't watch GMF on the NFLN on Monday. Funny thing is, when we win, I wanna watch every highlight on every sports channel lol. I also get on here & see what others are saying to hopefully ease my pain, unfortunately sometimes the gloom & doom on here makes me feel even worse lol. About Tuesday or Wednesday I start analyzing our next game & start getting hyped up. In 2018 nothing worked lol, I just gave up & said "we suck" I still watched the games though.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This post is going up for BritCard (and all the other Card fans who suffer to the extreme when we lose). BritCard made a recent comment that he was up until 3am and unable to sleep after our Miami loss. So, what do you do to deal with a Card Loss?

My advice is both a warning and a coping technique. I have the armor that comes from a lifetime of being a victim of abuse and shattered hopes. I usually shrug off a defeat as just one more slap for being a fan of the Cards—and get back in line for the next game. If you’re a Cards fan, it helps to be a masochist.

To be fair the game didn't finish here until gone 12.30am :) It's tough going straight to sleep after a big win or a disappointing defeat.

For me it really depends on the type of loss. There has been a lot of losing the last couple of years and frankly we all expected to lose. Getting beat by better teams doesn't phase me so much.

It's getting beat by worse teams because of our own stupid mistakes that are the toughest. There are only 16 games. Every one is crucial. You can't afford L's in games where you are the better team and should win. That's why the Miami game was a tough one to sleep after, I was enraged by Vance's game plan and the last two drives Kliff put together in Q4.

What's the opposite of clutch? Whatever it is, Kliff is that.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dolphins loss was easier to take cause I think its widely accepted Brian Flores is a better coach. Helped that Kyler/Kliff still executed at a high level against that team so we're still capable of doing good things.

This is exactly why Kliff winds me up so much.

He out coached Flores the whole game, except the bit that matters most.

He even punk'd Flores out of a couple of timeouts with some late personnel changes or weird formations. We scored 31 points. He was aggressive and had multiple 4th down conversions. Kliff did a great job against a team with one of the best D's in the league.

Then he absolutely destroyed all that work with pure cowardice at the most crucial time. He's the opposite of clutch. He abandoned everything we did well the whole game and played for a FG tie. He had Kyler on fire and the perfect opportunity and amount of time to drive down for a game winning TD but wet his knickers.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
from how one handles a loss to yet another rant on KK. I'm stunned...

I was triggered.

And it wasn't "Yet another rant". I've been pretty high on Kliff this year for the most part, and forgiven him the mistakes he has made. I even defended him after the Panthers loss which I don't think was on him at all.

But that was just, well, ugh.

It was the football equivalent of a movie where the slightly geeky high school kid gets the super hot cheerleader to go to prom with him through all the heroic/romantic things he does throughout the movie. They're in the limo after prom and the Girl takes his hand, looks at him and says "Have you ever been with a girl before?" and Kliff says "Erm, I've got to get home to my Mum".

Last edited:

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I was triggered.

And it wasn't "Yet another rant". I've been pretty high on Kliff this year for the most part, and forgiven him the mistakes he has made. I even defended him after the Panthers loss which I don't think was on him at all.

But that was just, well, ugh.

It was the football equivalent of a movie where the slightly geeky high school kid gets the super hot cheerleader to go to prom with him through all the heroic/romantic things he does throughout the movie. They're in the limo after prom and the Girl takes his hand, looks at him and says "Have you ever been with a girl before?" and Kliff says "Erm, I've got to get home to my Mum".
I think Kliff needs to embrace that not a great game manager. He's a ballsy offensive play caller that has really impressive play design at times.

Just embrace it. The entire 4th Qrt was going against everything that worked before. I guarantee if it was 3rd Qrt tied 31-31 we would have scored two more TDs. He's gotta get out of his own head and just go down swinging being aggressive.

If Kyler messes up...oh well. He'll just have to take the blame like the Lions game. However, if he's rolling you keep it rolling.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I used to get much more upset than I do now. It was really hard for me to deal with a loss when we weren't competitive. Now that we have been competitive in almost every game and we are exciting to watch, I don't get that upset anymore.

DCR, my Goodness you're so right. The old Sun Devil era losses used to drive me insane. I think the maddest I have ever been over a loss was when we got mopped by the Chiefs and Bono had that ridiculous run untouched to the end zone. I could have quit the Cards that day, I was so furious.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Lately I have decided to save money on subscriptions and bar bills. I just stay home and flip a coin then if it comes up tails I hit myself in the nuts right about 6:15 central time on gamedays with a lead pipe, cheaper that way.