Chase..

OP
OP
SoonerLou

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Another reason why you have to use multiple RBs is because we have a tell sign.

Kyler has been on record that he gets tired after runs/long runs. So its almost an automatic RB handoff after he runs the ball. Running Chase into a pile just wears him down.

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
Maybe we should call spencer ware or Lamar miller

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
He’s not an every down back. Great compliment to Drake and that’s it. Surprised that Foster got the nod over Eno. Something’s up if he’s not even sniffing the field

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Love Chase but agree he needs to share the load. That is a tough D to run him into that many times. If you don't run DJ a few times they should have activated Eno. What if Edmonds got hurt?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
28 touches (25 carries) for Chase is wayyyyy too much.

28 touches is a little heavy but he could handle 25. The problem was that more of his runs should have been short passes. He should have had 18 runs and 7 passes, whether they be shovels or short passes behind the LOS, or checkdowns. There was just no variety with him, even in the run game. It was almost exclusively inside runs.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Chase has never struck me as a rb you run 25 times in-between the tackles though
he didnt run 25 times in between the tackles... didnt even run 20 between the tackles. did you forget Drake is hurt and our primary back when healthy?

OP
OP
SoonerLou

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
28 touches is a little heavy but he could handle 25. The problem was that more of his runs should have been short passes. He should have had 18 runs and 7 passes, whether they be shovels or short passes behind the LOS, or checkdowns. There was just no variety with him, even in the run game. It was almost exclusively inside runs.
You gotta factor in all the times Kyler kept the ball as well. Thats extra hits that Chase is taking on those Kyler keepers.

So yea we should have tried to get him space, but we really should have given another RB a few plays as well.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You gotta factor in all the times Kyler kept the ball as well. Thats extra hits that Chase is taking on those Kyler keepers.

So yea we should have tried to get him space, but we really should have given another RB a few plays as well.

Foster had 1 carry :p

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't think this word means what you think it means.

The continuous miscues and debacles during the last 2 minutes by kliff say something else.

Granted he deserves the time to rectify that as he has been able to get the offense playing as a top 3 offense in nfl for 56 minutes of every game

OP
OP
SoonerLou

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The continuous miscues and debacles during the last 2 minutes by kliff say something else.

Granted he deserves the time to rectify that as he has been able to get the offense playing as a top 3 offense in nfl for 56 minutes of every game
Shouldnt pile on Kliff too much putting up 31 on a great defense.

Although I think he needs to start saving/developing late game plays. Just plays he's comfortable calling when things get tight. Think he overreacted to Kyler missing the 3rd and 1, but we need to have more in our bag.

I think with the way we go uptempo you can have Kyler just go no huddle for a drive or so calling his own plays during the middle of the games.

That way in high pressure moments Kliff can run some plays he's had saved up for the right time.