Suns trade ideas for the fall of 2020

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For what? Besides, I get the feeling that if James Jones pulls the trade, he reaches for Haliburton at 2, giving us no means left to get a power forward...

It's pretty clear to me the plan is sign one of Bertans, Grant, Wood, or Galinarri, and draft a PG.

Halliburton is a reach at 2 - but not that much of a reach considering there really is no consensus top 3.

Yes Ideally you would pick him 6th or something like that - but if that is the guy they really want unless they can get back something additional to the pick from ATL you do the Golden state deal.

However I think it would be insane to also give up that #10 pick in such a deal. Golden State should be willing to give up #2 straight up for Oubre, and if they aren't I would tell them to screw off, and settle for Kira Lewis or even better Killian Hayes if we are dead set on a PG.

Last edited:

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's pretty clear to me the plan is sign one of Bertans, Grant, Wood, or Galinarri, and draft a PG.

Halliburton is a reach at 2 - but not that much of a reach considering there really is no consensus top 3.

Yes Ideally you would pick him 6th or something like that - but if that is the guy they really want unless they can get back something additional to the pick from ATL you do the Golden state deal.

However I think it would be insane to also give up that #10 pick in such a deal. Golden State should be willing to give up #2 straight up for Oubre, and if they aren't I would tell them to screw off, and settle for Kira Lewis or even better Killian Hayes if we are dead set on a PG.

lol the overvaluing of Kelly Oubre by Suns fans is funny.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
lol the overvaluing of Kelly Oubre by Suns fans is funny.
Look, Oubre is no star but if you think the #2 pick in this draft is worth more than Kelly Oubre, that’s much more hilarious.

At the very least he is a starting caliber SF on the NBA. And he’s still young. Which pick at #2 can claim the same?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Look, Oubre is no star but if you think the #2 pick in this draft is worth more than Kelly Oubre, that’s much more hilarious.

At the very least he is a starting caliber SF on the NBA. And he’s still young. Which pick at #2 can claim the same?

then I guess everybody in the NBA is laughing.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can you answer my question?

Who is this "everybody" you refer to?

Everybody.

yeah a guys who’s a career 10 points and 4 rebounds six years into his career is worth the 2nd pick in the draft....oh and coming off a knee injury.

but but but he’s still young.

“by your 3rd year we should know if your going to be a star”- Zach Lowe.

Yeah Kelly Oubre is so good and so valuable to the Suns there not going to resign him. Awesome.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everybody.

yeah a guys who’s a career 10 points and 4 rebounds six years into his career is worth the 2nd pick in the draft....oh and coming off a knee injury.

but but but he’s still young.

“by your 3rd year we should know if your going to be a star”- Zach Lowe.

Yeah Kelly Oubre is so good and so valuable to the Suns there not going to resign him. Awesome.

I not trying to convince you of anything but I think your use of stats is a bit misleading.

Oubre who is 24 has been in the NBA five seasons and his stats have increased in all 5 seasons. His stats this past season were 18.7 points and 6.4 rebounds. There is no reason to believe he has peaked because of his youth.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/o/oubreke01.html

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I not trying to convince you of anything but I think your use of stats is a bit misleading.

Oubre who is 24 has been in the NBA five seasons and his stats have increased in all 5 seasons. His stats this past season were 18.7 points and 6.4 rebounds. There is no reason to believe he has peaked because of his youth.

Exactly. Using stats that are heavily skewed by the first 2 years of a 5 year career is misleading at best and disingenuous at worst.

So I would say yes, a guy averaging 18.7 points and 6.4 rebounds is worth far more than the #2 pick in 2020.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HARD PASS on that Love trade. That guy’s availability, overall game and contract are horse manure at this point.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Exactly. Using stats that are heavily skewed by the first 2 years of a 5 year career is misleading at best and disingenuous at worst.

So I would say yes, a guy averaging 18.7 points and 6.4 rebounds is worth far more than the #2 pick in 2020.

are you suns going to resign him?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yes it is, especially to a team like Golden State that wants production immediately to help their older stars.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I’m aware of his stats. Would you give him the money he wants if you were in control of the Suns?

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The problem with Oubre that at this point he is a one-year rental. That's why there is no way that the Warriors give up #2 straight up for him. Besides Oubre only next season would cost them about 40 mil. because they are a repeating lux-tax team.

I think that Oubre to GSW is a dead idea on multiple fronts.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
are you suns going to resign him?
That's not the point. We're talking about worth. If the Suns were desperate to get rid of Oubre, then they might make that stupid trade. If Golden State was desperate for Oubre, they'd offer a lot more than the #2.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

But he’s only got a year left on his contract.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Not on a one year contract and coming off knee injury.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's not the point. We're talking about worth. If the Suns were desperate to get rid of Oubre, then they might make that stupid trade. If Golden State was desperate for Oubre, they'd offer a lot more than the #2.

its 100% the point.

he’s so valuable your not going to resign him. That lets you know everything you need to know.

the second time in his “young” career he will be traded

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
its 100% the point.

he’s so valuable your not going to resign him. That lets you know everything you need to know.

the second time in his “young” career he will be traded
Except you're missing the fact that a big reason he may be traded is because we have another player at his same position.

But it doesn't matter. We can fight and bitch and moan and it's not going to go anywhere. So agree to disagree.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Except you're missing the fact that a big reason he may be traded is because we have another player at his same position.

But it doesn't matter. We can fight and bitch and moan and it's not going to go anywhere. So agree to disagree.

exactly he’s worth so much he’s now expendable because we have better players at his position with more upside

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
exactly he’s worth so much he’s now expendable because we have better players at his position with more upside
That is the same attitude that made Sarver sell Kurt Thomas for nothing. He may not be in our plans, but that doesn't mean we should just give him away.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That is the same attitude that made Sarver sell Kurt Thomas for nothing. He may not be in our plans, but that doesn't mean we should just give him away.

who’s saying give him away

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave