juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He need to make better calls sure but he doesn't have any help from the defense
We are are forced to score in every possessions

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That’s 100% the right call to make on 4th down.

run it don’t get cute. If he had passed it and it didn’t work guys would make this thread calling for him to run it.

right play to call our guys just didn’t win at point

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
It's called 'you make the kick' which is second time Zane has not done that... Miami won because their kicker made those kicks

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

run it don’t get cute. If he had passed it and it didn’t work guys would make this thread calling for him to run it.

Not when all you have is an undersized backup running back

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

You absolutely run it. But, Murray has to have the ball in that situation. I'm so disgusted. Kyler is the FACE of this franchise. You keep it in his hands with the game on the line.

OP
OP
K

KYCardFan

Veteran
Reaction score
You don’t have a hammer back, Kyler on the read option would have been the play

Yet they averaged over 11 yards per completion

Gotta let Kyler decide the game not the Oline and backup running back

The defense did not blitz enough either against a guy in second start

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You absolutely run it. But, Murray has to have the ball in that situation. I'm so disgusted. Kyler is the FACE of this franchise. You keep it in his hands with the game on the line.
Sad, but could be a teaching moment that Kliff needed.. The win against Seattle probably had him not truly grasping it.

I'm sure he gets it now. I think Kliff means well....just gets in his head.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Those previous 3 play calls were absolutely abysmal.

Cards hit them for 35 yards then Kliff decides to turtle up and play for a field goal

Thats unacceptable if you want to be a championship football team.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

Cards hit them for 35 yards then Kliff decides to turtle up and play for a field goal

He wasn't particularly playing for a FG. He started worrying too much about burning clock to either score a FG or TD with little enough time left for Miami to answer back.

The main issue with his play-calling in that situation is that we don't have a good short yardage back right now that can bully his way to a 1-2 yard gain, but he decided to run the ball anyways. If we have Drake back there we probably run it on 3rd and maybe even run on 4th if it's a short yard for a first.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He wasn't particularly playing for a FG. He started worrying too much about burning clock to either score a FG or TD with little enough time left for Miami to answer back.

The main issue with his play-calling in that situation is that we don't have a good short yardage back right now that can bully his way to a 1-2 yard gain, but he decided to run the ball anyways. If we have Drake back there we probably run it on 3rd and maybe even run on 4th if it's a short yard for a first.

:shrug: But down three, why not just go for the kill now and worry about Miami getting time later

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score

It kind of reminded me of the play calling late in the Detroit game.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
:shrug: But down three, why not just go for the kill now and worry about Miami getting time later
I don't disagree that we should have stayed aggressive. Just simply pointing out that it wasn't him simply playing for a FG. He was trying to win or tie the game with no time/very little time left for Miami to answer back.

It backfired in this situation, but if we get that first down there it is looking really good for us. Wish we would have gone for it on 4th down, but Zane also needs to make that kick.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
He pulled the same stuff and Seattle and was spared for sowing from his mistake
He needs to stay aggressive all game long. He seems to have no problem making aggressive decisions for the first 28 minutes of each half (maybe even the first 57-58 minutes of a game), but always finds a moment to get conservative at the worst time.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't disagree that we should have stayed aggressive. Just simply pointing out that it wasn't him simply playing for a FG. He was trying to win or tie the game with no time/very little time left for Miami to answer back.

It backfired in this situation, but if we get that first down there it is looking really good for us. Wish we would have gone for it on 4th down, but Zane also needs to make that kick.
Ie. Kliff getting cute.

Seems like thats a common saying about the guy around here and I'm gonna have to start agreeing here soon if he doesn't change those stripes.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Even though Wolfly is a bit of a blowhard, there is a time to paint the eye black, and bloody the knuckles. That time was at the end of the game to get half a yard on third down, maybe even again on fourth

OP
OP
K

KYCardFan

Veteran
Reaction score
Miami didn’t stop the passing game all day and Kliff just curled up late

Could have gone play action on third and one and take your chances with Hopkins making a catch to score a touchdown

The field goal is not the play there with the hideous defense today

Last edited:

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Miami didn’t stop the passing game all day and Kliff just curled up late

Could have gone play action on third and one and take your chances with Hopkins making a catch to score a touchdown

The field goal is not the play there with the hideous defense today

Agree, either run it twice, or fake a run into the line and do a pass. I would like the play with the TE ona delay after faking a run into the line, but after playing for the FG was wrong because we didn’t stop them all day

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I think he is relaxed and in mid-game form calling his kind of game until it gets to the end when the pressure is on and he resorts to thinking too much, wondering what is the pro thing to do, which takes him to a conservative place in his head. Which is not what he is good for? He needs to trust his wide open game calling and his wide open play making QB. He wanted the kid, so let him play his game, especially in the closing close moments. Just let him loose and quit confining him in those closing pressure moments. Trust your wide open play calling ability and Kyler's wide open playing ability.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
You don’t have a hammer back, Kyler on the read option would have been the play

Yet they averaged over 11 yards per completion

Gotta let Kyler decide the game not the Oline and backup running back

The defense did not blitz enough either against a guy in second start

This times 100, we do not have a big back or even an above average back. I mean one would think with finding out that this offense actually thrives running the ball, one could get a guy with size who could get a yard... and BTW, Simmons could easily do that with spot duty

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
This times 100, we do not have a big back or even an above average back. I mean one would think with finding out that this offense actually thrives running the ball, one could get a guy with size who could get a yard... and BTW, Simmons could easily do that with spot duty

Been saying that.... Draft a big powerful stud RB. We have gotten all the other tools to make k & m's offense work. Now lets complete the package. Let Drake walk, draft our future RB, and then trade for or draft a stud TE in an early round. I am guessing we will be picking around 20-25.

There are a few decent receiving TEs sitting on teams who have two. I am sure they would love a mid-late round draft pick for one. It may be better/cheaper to draft one though. But he has to be good, like Kyle Pitts of Florida. I am very tired of the carousel of late round TEs we have drafted for 2 decades now. The caveat is we are very then on picks this coming draft (1, 2, 3, 5, 7).

Anyway, here is the RB of our dreams. He flattens someone on every run. Watch video if you have time. http://www.tankathon.com/nfl/players/najee-harris

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

His problem was before that.

We made a nice 35 yard pass to Kirk and that ran it for short gains the next two plays leaving us on 3rd and 2. His mistake was those 2 runs. Like he was using up clock when we were in comfortable FG range. We was not.

We needed to get another 10 yards before we started running. That left us with a 49 yard FG, not automatic by any means.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson