Is our team ready (in a position) for Fitz to retire?

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
are we content with his replacement, or don't we have his replacement yet? If we have groomed someone, who is it?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hopkins is his replacement and there couldn’t be a better on on the field and off.

Fitz really has been a shell the last 3-4 years people really forget how dominate he was in his prime

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Mods, please delete this thread, ban this poster, and turn the year back to 2008. There are those of us who cannot face nor accept that this reality is rapidly approaching.

Thank you and good day.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nuk is his obvious replacement.

There's 2 ways I see it going,

1, We make the playoffs. The team is showing promise for Kyler's 3rd year and despite a down year he decides to stick around on reduced money. Despite the lack of yardage he has shown his leadership on the field.

2, We don't make the playoffs. He feels like his lack of yardage is holding us back. He decides to call it a day.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No one can replace Fitz as a person/legend. And, I'm not doubting how good Nuk is, but we NEED three VG WR's, and if Larry retires we'll only have two. Whether it's FA or the Draft we have to come up with another WR. And one with size and speed. I like AI, but only see him as a gimmick guy who can contribute but not as a top three guy.

Reaction score
No. I don't think the Cards or the fans are ready for Fitz to retire. Fitz & the Cards go together like milk & cookies, cream & sugar, hot dogs & mustard, Abbott & Costello, Martin & Lewis, salt & pepper, pencil & paper, peanut butter & jelly, Sonny & Cher.....etc. You get the idea. :)

ReasonableMan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If Larry could take a haircut he’s a decent WR3/psuedo TE with great ford awareness at critical moments. I’d like to see him stay but not at 11mil

gamebird98

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If Larry could take a haircut he’s a decent WR3/psuedo TE with great ford awareness at critical moments. I’d like to see him stay but not at 11mil

Not sure what his hair has to do with it.....but, if you think its to long...I guess he could cut it.:shrug:

Wanderer

Veteran
Reaction score
Larry will still be with the team even if he is not on the field.

He will be made special assistant to the owner or something so he is around everyday if he wants to be.

It will be Fitz’s decision no way Bidwill pushes him out.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No one can replace Fitz as a person/legend. And, I'm not doubting how good Nuk is, but we NEED three VG WR's, and if Larry retires we'll only have two. Whether it's FA or the Draft we have to come up with another WR. And one with size and speed. I like AI, but only see him as a gimmick guy who can contribute but not as a top three guy.

Why do we need 3 VG wide receivers?

Look at the past superbowl winners. Which of them had 3 "very good" WR's?

Chiefs had Hill and Watkins, then rookie Hardman and Robinson. None of the Pats teams have had great WRs for years. Eagles had Aghalor and Jeffries.

The Niners got to the SB last year with what? Samuel and Bourne?

Nuk, Kirk and A.N Other is more than enough. If we have a decent defense and a run game.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How is Fitz a better man then Nuk? Fitz would never weave in and out of a political caravan flipping off adults and children. Unacceptable way to represent the Cardinals regardless of what side of the fence you are on.
My kind of leader.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thanks for making my point. People like you are why there are 15 to maybe 20 people talking to each other on this board. Used to be a lot more with actual knowledge of football that has widdled down to a handful.

lol would you like some cheese?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
are we content with his replacement, or don't we have his replacement yet? If we have groomed someone, who is it?

The answer is yes.

Right now we are better playing 2 TE or 2 RB sets than having Fitz on the field. He only offers one thing right now, great hands. His ability to get open is terrible, and he is subpar as a blocker when compared to our TE's.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have been a Cardinal fan since 1964 & Fitz will ALWAYS be my favorite. Sure, I wish we could pay him less, but still hopeful he’ll continue to play. He’s just coming off a productive game against Seattle, so I hope it continues. I think he returns for another season if the Cardinals continue to improve, make the playoffs, but fall short. He’ll retire if we crap the bed the 2nd half of the season or if we win the SB.

Borderrat

Veteran
Reaction score
lol would you like some cheese?

Again pointing out a fact to a question that was asked. Again a ignorant response.

Now calling your response ignorant despite the obviousness of it will get me banned while you continue to offer nothing to the discussion. That is why you have 15 people talking to each other instead of the many that used to contribute.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave