ESPN Changes Today

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why they and others are geared to "millenial" needs and likes escapes me. ESPN and their ilk will not be around in 10 -15 years so why are they tailoring programming and delivery to the segment while abandoning the traditional audience. The traditional audience could be around for that timeline. Desperation is strangling ESPN. They are spending their way into oblivion. Growth for growths sake has a potential for disaster.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I guess if the FOX deal is OK'd, the trade-off of released ESPN folk for incoming existing FOXSports talent transferring to Bristol makes sense.

But only if they keep the good guys and get rid of the bad guys.

Just have to wonder how many good guys will get caught up in the wholesale changes and be without jobs looking toward the Holidays.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
ESPN is being propped up by Disney money but even Disney knows you can't have something that is bleeding money. That said, I though Buccigross was being suspended pending an investigation but I saw him on last night.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
ESPN is being propped up by Disney money but even Disney knows you can't have something that is bleeding money. That said, I though Buccigross was being suspended pending an investigation but I saw him on last night.
They did investigate and there was nothing to the claims.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sports is a huge part of Disney going forward. They will fix it.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Didn’t Disney just acquire FS1?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Losing revenue like crazy due to cord cutting and high rights fees.

Sports television is in big trouble. Just from my observations, young people care less about watching sports than ever. When I was 7 I was already hooked on Cardinal football and baseball and Warriors basketball and I was just as diehard and thirsty to watch as today.

However my kids really don't care, I can't get them to watch for more than five minutes and, despite them participating in sports, they only care about their tablets, phones, video games and YouTube programming.

LIAC you're absolutely right. I think the sports networks, and even the leagues are in denial as to this fact. It's sad really because I think the music industry is also suffering from major apathy from the next generation of consumers, and it along with sports will have to either evolve with the times or fade into the background. Video gaming leagues are seemingly a bigger deal to young people than any sports league.

ozzfloyd

The Carp
Reaction score
With everything happening in the nation/world right now, sports are definitely an afterthought for me right now. Though I have enjoyed catching the Cards this season so far. A rare bright spot.

New Mexico

Fan since 1976ish
Reaction score
I haven't had that channel for a while. I miss it every once in a while when having it is the only way I can watch a game I really want to see, but it's just not worth the price.

AirRaid

Rookie
Reaction score
Only watch ESPN for live sports, Mainly football and playoff baseball. Could care less about all the rest of their programs
Same. I used to watch PTI back in day but that was really all that interested me. All the talk shows now with people yelling over each other and all the other nonsense doesn't do anything for me.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson