Keim: Higher-paid players need to step up

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Well I thought we competed in both losses - yea 3 ints are hard to overcome, but we had a chance even after that. Still say we need balance, more top - 3 minutes of possession in the first 1/4 never did the defense any favors - live by the pas that happens often!

The defense looked like trash. We didn't compete last week.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
A chance? Lol

the defense never even gave the Cards a chance! Four 60+ yards drives for scores, two that were 7+ mins and a 10+ min drive that started in the 3rd & ended with 7 mins left in the game. The Panthers ran & threw at will with zero resistance for most of that game. Sometimes I wonder if you watch the same games most of us watch on this board.

Our loss had nothing to do with running the ball it was our porous coaches defense that couldn’t get off the field minus McCaffrey.
Well I thought we competed in both losses - yea 3 ints are hard to overcome, but we had a chance even after that. Still say we need balance, more top - 3 minutes of possession in the first 1/4 never did the defense any favors - live by the pas that happens often!

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
And I swear to God they better play Simmons more at Safety this week or I'm going to lose it.

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The Simmons issue is more concerning than “the highly paid players.”

There's no way a rook not getting playing time is more important than Fitz being invisible, PP being invisible, and most importantly Jones being invisible. Jones is the most concerning to me. In the past when he wasn't getting sacks he was creating pressure or sealing the edge, sniffing out screens, and generally being disruptive. He's doing none of that this year.

With the lack of preseason and covid and everything I think people need to chill on Simmons. The real disappointment are the pros.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Simmons issue is more concerning than “the highly paid players.”
Yep. A team drafting in the top 10 is getting nothing from a top 10 pick and Keim is wondering why the team isnt better?

If he's playing well or put in a position to succeed we're better.

If we drafted a stud olineman or a talented wr we're better.

Its on Keim for not having a plan.

Last edited:

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
His inability to be able to draft talent and build depth is ultimately what is putting the Cards in a terrible cap position.

lol

or idk maybe this worldwide pandemic is going to shrink the cap like crazy due to lost revenue just like the NBA. But yeah SK can’t draft BS again

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
His inability to be able to draft talent and build depth is ultimately what is putting the Cards in a terrible cap position.
He’s talking about the potential drop in the cap due to revenue losses. If that happens than almost every team is going to be in a tough spot.

Wanderer

Veteran
Reaction score

The cap is dropping 20 million because of Covid.

The Cardinals are actually not in that bad a spot compared to most teams. They won’t be big spenders but they should lose anyone they don’t want to.

AirRaid

Rookie
Reaction score
this thread aged horribly.

If they lay an egg against Miami like they did against Detroit and Carolina, I really don't think so. Consistency is key. Beating Seattle won't matter if the record is 6-10 or 7-9 in January.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they lay an egg against Miami like they did against Detroit and Carolina, I really don't think so. Consistency is key. Beating Seattle won't matter if the record is 6-10 or 7-9 in January.
Yeah. If it's and but's were candy and nuts.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

6-10? What? Do you really think that somehow they're going 1-8 the rest of the way? This is a solid team. Not yet elite, but no pushovers. The Carolina game was the only one they were really beaten in. Detroit was a last possession was gonna win kind of game.

Young teams are inconsistent as their hallmark, but this teams gotten better as the year's gone on. Their depth is what will save them.

Last edited:

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’s talking about the potential drop in the cap due to revenue losses. If that happens than almost every team is going to be in a tough spot.

..and the ones that draft well will be poised to take advantage.

It's not possible for "every team" to be in a tough spot. The teams that are way over the cap will be screwed, but there will be a lot of free agents available and very little money to spend on them across the league - meaning, there will be a lot of good players signing short-term bargain deals, which is kinda a Keim specialty.

...dave

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know it is a mental hurdle for many of us... but this is one of the 4-5 best teams in the NFC.

Seattle
Green Bay
Tampa

Then it has to be the Cardinals, maybe the Saints?

This isn’t a Cinderella season, they are more talented than other teams

100%. This team is probably #5 behind the Saints