OT: Daniel Jones is trash

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He cost his team time and time again...They led the whole night until his second boneheaded INT.

This could have been a huge game for the Cardinals to potentially secure the #1 seed (I know I’m dreaming but it’s possible if we win the division) with Green Bay losing and the Giants now self imploding the Bucs would have been 5-3 (they have such an easy schedule to finish the year)...oh well.

Last edited:

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
He cost his team time and time again...They led the whole night until his second boneheaded INT.

This could have been a huge game for the Cardinals to potentially secure the #1 seed (I know I’m dreaming but it’s possible if we win the division) with Green Bay losing and the Giants now self imploding the Bucs would have been 5-3 (they have such an easy schedule to finish the year)...oh well.
shhhhhhhh... start talking about how Dave Gettleman is a genius and he can become our new Bill O’Brien.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's a decent passer, he's just so bad on all the mental stuff.

On both his INT's I knew it was coming and I'm thinking "Don't do it. Don't do it" because we have seen it 20 times before. Trying to play hero when under pressure instead of just taking the sack or throwing away. He can't throw off platform. Accept it and stop trying. Both on important drives with the game on the line too. He gave that game away. The Giants should have won it.

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
QB's coming into the league are tossed into the lineup with zero developmental time. It wasn't that long ago that a team would draft their QBOF a few years ahead of their franchise vet's retirement. For example, Aaron Rogers sat behind Farve for a long time before Green Bay moved on from Brett.

If a QB coming out of college is lucky, he ends up on a team with a coaching staff that matches what he accomplished in college. KM is a good example---his pro coach actually went in reverse and matched the playbook to what his new QB brought with him from college. If not, KM would be a disaster---even now, on a lot of plays he is staring down his primary receiver and if that is not there, he tucks and runs. Imagine if that play was from a brand-new playbook? KM would still make some plays based solely on his athletic ability---but he would also have plenty of INTs and misfires as well. It also helps if the QB goes to a team with some talent---who on the Giants matches up with Hopkins and Fitz in the WR room?

QBs have almost zero time to study NFL defenses before they are asked to go out and perform. When QB's sat, they had the opportunity to see what a given D was going to do. Now, it is learning on the job.

Teams want immediate results. The Cards may have provided a new blueprint for teams and QB/!st round picks. They took Rosen and after one year went QB shopping for both a new coach and new QB. Rosen went from 'most NFL-ready QB' to sitting in the stands behind Tom Brady. Look for teams to move on from 1st round QBs when they don't come in gangbusters like LJackson and KM. If the Giants have a chance at Lawrence this draft---pretty sure they will pull the plug on Jones.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
He makes a few throws a game that make you go.... WOW!

But in all honesty..... He hurts more than he helps.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
He makes a few throws a game that make you go.... WOW!

But in all honesty..... He hurts more than he helps.

I really have never seen a 'wow' throw from him. Yeah, he has thrown a few, or rather dropped a few, keen passes over the top but really lacks the arm strength to do anything which makes you say he's special. Your take for me is more inline with Carson Wentz. That guy makes some 'wow' throws and then makes multiple extreme bonehead careless throws... the ole I am Brett Favre gunslinger mantra while throwing picks

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Daniel Jones was bad is still not good and never will be a great QB. Average for sure, but I'm not sold on him to win anything. But still, he has now Garrett and they might start to win one or two games at some point. But when everything is said and done, I think this is the last year of Daniel Jones as a starter. The Giants will draft a new QBoF.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think jones can win if he fixes his issues and get decent wr oline i like his attitude just to has killed him this yr....

See how he does next yr with Barkley back maybe better wrs oline

Giants have a ton of work to do

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I really have never seen a 'wow' throw from him. Yeah, he has thrown a few, or rather dropped a few, keen passes over the top but really lacks the arm strength to do anything which makes you say he's special. Your take for me is more inline with Carson Wentz. That guy makes some 'wow' throws and then makes multiple extreme bonehead careless throws... the ole I am Brett Favre gunslinger mantra while throwing picks
He made a throw against us to a TE in a very small window for a TD. It was a WOW throw.

And the TD to Tate last night when he needed it most was great.

Still though...... He's bi-polar at the position and makes horrible fumbles a weekly occurrence. Can't have that, especially in NYC.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think he doesn't have a good team overall to be called a trash right now
In his first season he played enough good football
Let's see next year

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He could be good if he didn't have 2 mind numbingly bad turnovers a game. Its the same situation as Winston, except Winston's been playing long enough that people don't think he can change.

Jones is the type of guy that would benefit from 2 or 3 years on the bench. I don't like this new trial by fire era for QBs. It's only worked for us because we hired a coach that built the offense around our QBs strengths. IDK, I'm just imagining how Lamar Jackson would look in the Giants offense and I think he would look even worse than Jones.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Let's see next year

Thats Giants team is good, Jones is just throwing games away

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let's see next year
Or probably because he makes them look that way.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He's a kid who never should have been taken at the top of the draft and therefore forced by draft position into the starters role immediately.
The Giants O Line is trash. Their best player is a rookie who has been in the league 7 games.
They lost their only formidable offensive weapon to start the season. Barkley out.
Their WR room is pedestrian at best. He's under pressure constantly.

Not defending Jones, I don't know the kid. But its not a great environment for any QB, let alone a newbie. They'll blame him and dump him as soon as they can. The next QB will struggle as well. The best Jones can say is that at least he's not spending his days and nights with Adam Gase shouting in his ear.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
QB's coming into the league are tossed into the lineup with zero developmental time. It wasn't that long ago that a team would draft their QBOF a few years ahead of their franchise vet's retirement. For example, Aaron Rogers sat behind Farve for a long time before Green Bay moved on from Brett.

If a QB coming out of college is lucky, he ends up on a team with a coaching staff that matches what he accomplished in college. KM is a good example---his pro coach actually went in reverse and matched the playbook to what his new QB brought with him from college. If not, KM would be a disaster---even now, on a lot of plays he is staring down his primary receiver and if that is not there, he tucks and runs. Imagine if that play was from a brand-new playbook? KM would still make some plays based solely on his athletic ability---but he would also have plenty of INTs and misfires as well. It also helps if the QB goes to a team with some talent---who on the Giants matches up with Hopkins and Fitz in the WR room?

QBs have almost zero time to study NFL defenses before they are asked to go out and perform. When QB's sat, they had the opportunity to see what a given D was going to do. Now, it is learning on the job.

Teams want immediate results. The Cards may have provided a new blueprint for teams and QB/!st round picks. They took Rosen and after one year went QB shopping for both a new coach and new QB. Rosen went from 'most NFL-ready QB' to sitting in the stands behind Tom Brady. Look for teams to move on from 1st round QBs when they don't come in gangbusters like LJackson and KM. If the Giants have a chance at Lawrence this draft---pretty sure they will pull the plug on Jones.

All true but Jones actually had a much better situation, 36 starts in college, nearly 1300 attempts. yes Duke but still in the ACC he played against some good players.

last year he was behind Eli Manning when the season started, I don't know how good of a mentor Eli was, no idea don't follow the Giants but he had a much better situation to learn from last year than Kyler did in terms of QB's on the team. David Shula was the OC his rookie year, no idea about QB coach but he wasn't in a horrible situation coaching wise. The team wasn't overly talented but he had a chance to sit for a few games and then learn on the job.

This year he's got a rookie coach.

I just think like Jake Plummer he needs to learn to throw the ball away.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson