WK 9 Miami Dolphins @ Arizona Cardinals Pre Game Thread. 11/08/20

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That dophins team is nothing to scoff at.

Young, talented on both sides of the ball.

Tua's inexperienced but also not a tone of film on him either.
Not to mention Brian Flores learned to coach a defense from the master BB. I think he's gonna do very good in Miami. Having said that, I hope we beat them Sunday 40-0 lol.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not me lol
Its really dependent on Tua.

The thing I worry about is if we give Tua time. The Rams applied so much pressure that it overwhelmed him.

Can we do that? It took Vance until the 2nd half to start blitzing Russell Wilson for real.

Give Tua time then can he cut us up like Bridgewater and Stafford? He's talented enough to do so.

Get him off his spot and we should be good.

It'd be great if we dont start slow on offense.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

The thing I worry about is if we give Tua time. The Rams applied so much pressure that it overwhelmed him.

Can we do that? It took Vance until the 2nd half to start blitzing Russell Wilson for real.

Give Tua time then can he cut us up like Bridgewater and Stafford? He's talented enough to do so.

Starting slow on offense is usually cause KK starts calling all those east/west bubble screen plays for negative yardage.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I think this game is completely in our hands. We will only lose if we beat ourselves. As we did vs Lions and Panthers.

Big game for Kyler.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think this game is completely in our hands. We will only lose if we beat ourselves. As we did vs Lions and Panthers.

Big game for Kyler.
We beat ourselves vs. the Lions.

Panthers owned us in all phases. Although in hindsight I wish they saved Budda's surgery until the Jets game.

Maybe he would have sparked the team to wakeup.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We beat ourselves vs. the Lions.

Panthers owned us in all phases. Although in hindsight I wish they saved Budda's surgery until the Jets game.

Maybe he would have sparked the team to wakeup.

I broke that game down afterwards with the All 22 if you recall. We missed so many wide open guys. When I say missed I mean didn't throw the ball. Kyler was extremely gun shy after the Lions game and we basically threw screens in front of them all game which they were waiting for.

We had a bad defensive game too without Budda, for sure, but it was a winnable game if we take some of the opportunities we had. Lets call it 50/50 for arguments sake :)

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Kevin Peterson in the slot makes me sad. UGH!!!

Miami is A VERY GOOD TEAM. With a sound defense that plays super hard for their coach.

Our defense may need to win this for us. It will probably be very close.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No Byron means we should see more simmons. Hopefully he plays well and earns more time. The latter could mean a loss.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No Byron means we should see more simmons. Hopefully he plays well and earns more time. The latter could mean a loss.

Against a QB in his 2nd game who didn't do much last week, and with their RB1 out it would frankly be a crime if Simmons didn't play significantly more snaps at Nickel backer this week.

Matt Breida missed practice today too.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
My understanding is that Dolphins WR traded to Pats was starter in slot & they are going with some rookies that they high on this week. Not sure if anyone can confirm?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave