Upcoming Free Agent Discussion

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
P2 and Fitzgerald will take most of that 32 million.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There should be a massive jump in 2022, if Covid is done by the 2021 season.

You can structure them to be less painful in 2021.

Not the best way however to take advantage of Murray rookie contract
I mean I would offer a 13 mil contract a year (3 year) for peterson and a 1year/5mil for Fitz

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I love Fitz, but at this point his salary is vastly above his production, and thus hurts the team. At what point do we stop paying thank you for your service money?

Not being facetious at all, his ability to place the football quickly in end of half situations is responsible for both of our division wins.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really like Zane Gonzalez...hope he comes back next year.

We need a new punter for sure.

Not sure how I did that but I'll try again

i say this every time punter comes up, I wish we had gone after Bryan Anger. Houston got him and he now has an extension through 2022. He was actually available the year they signed him, they kept a rookie and let Anger walk, then the rookie bombed out and they signed Anger back and eventually extended him.

I don't know if the stadium is it or what but since he went to Houston his net average has gone up about 4 yards per punt from just about 40 to just about 44. Still a pretty good athlete, holds on kicks, 32.

Never understood how JAX and TB let him walk, whatever it was he's been terrific with the Texans too

OP
OP
Wanderer

Wanderer

Veteran
Reaction score
I think one of the only free agent Punters available next offseason is Pat O'Donnell from Chicago.

At least we know he will have had lots of practice.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think one of the only free agent Punters available next offseason is Pat O'Donnell from Chicago.

At least we know he will have had lots of practice.

I'm sure someone is going to pick him in the draft late maybe but the guy I'd love to get is Max Duffy from kentucky, best punter in the country, won the Ray Guy last year. He's an Aussie so the one concern would be him going back over there to play Aussie rules. Freak of a punter, he's not that big but he's athletic, he can hold, he can take off and run, over 44 yards NET the last 2 years, and he can coffin corner kick too

Ohio state has a punter that they think might get drafted too but Duffy appears to be the best punter in college football and like I said he's a good athlete so you can use him as a holder, and on a bad snap he's perfectly capable of picking up the ball and running with it.

I saw an interview with him where the UK coaches were joking once he found out enough of the rules to realize he could run with the ball we had to really explain to him to be very picky about doing it (-:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I'm sure someone is going to pick him in the draft late maybe but the guy I'd love to get is Max Duffy from kentucky, best punter in the country, won the Ray Guy last year. He's an Aussie so the one concern would be him going back over there to play Aussie rules. Freak of a punter, he's not that big but he's athletic, he can hold, he can take off and run, over 44 yards NET the last 2 years, and he can coffin corner kick too

Ohio state has a punter that they think might get drafted too but Duffy appears to be the best punter in college football and like I said he's a good athlete so you can use him as a holder, and on a bad snap he's perfectly capable of picking up the ball and running with it.

I saw an interview with him where the UK coaches were joking once he found out enough of the rules to realize he could run with the ball we had to really explain to him to be very picky about doing it (-:

Michael Turk, Arizona State.

Kid was really good the past few years.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
*allen iverson voice*

we talkin bout punters? Punters?

in general I agree you just pick up a vet FA every few years. But getting a really good young punter has its advantages, which is why I've been touting Anger since he came into the league, guy has been a weapon everywhere he played.

Duffy is similar. Although you just never know much like kickers the NFL is a whole different thing for punters, lots of good college punters just can't handle the NFL because the time to get the kick off is shorter than it is in college, some really good college punters just can't deal with that

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Fitzgerald stays at a reduced salary

Campbell has been excellent, should be affordable

If they can’t afford Reddick, keep Golden.

Gonzalez, Arnold & Hundley @ 70% of salary or NFLPA minimum

Other would be at NFLPA minimum with incentives if they want to stay.

I’m cutting Isabella, Alford, Allen, K Johnson, Miles, Thomas & Gilbert

Look at baseball, pro sports is hurting. Football will do better with the season starting later. However, I expect the owners to use this opportunity to squeeze salary.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Look at baseball, pro sports is hurting. Football will do better with the season starting later. However, I expect the owners to use this opportunity to squeeze salary.
Only way he gets cut is if you draft 2 wrs next year.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Is he the son of Matt Turk the NFL punter who punted for a slew of teams

Matt Turk and Dan Turk are his uncle's.

Turk came out for the draft but went undrafted. This year undrafted players were allowed to return to school if they had eligibility.

He was really good at ASU, definitely looks the part of a good NFL punter.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree with Harry regarding Larry, Keep him at a reduced salary. He has made over $100 million. Why not come back for $5 million. It would be a big help for the team on signing other players. However, I actually feel he will retire after this season.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

IMO: The chances of cutting Isabella and Allen on their rookie contracts; slim to none.

And at a mere $1M - I'll keep Gilbert.