Kyler's on pace for 46 total Tds on the year

OP
OP
SoonerLou

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He's on pace for a much bigger year statistically than RW had in his 2nd season. RW had about 3900 total yards and 27 total TDs, KM is on pace for like 5500 total yards and 46 total TDs. He's on pace for about 18 total turnovers which is almost equal to RW in 2013.
Think about all the yards missed out on deep passes missed/overthrown/dropped to start games.

I swear Andy's got about 120 missed.

Daniels probably has a 40 yard gain down the sidenline if he holds on.

And we know Kyler's flat out missed people as well.

If we could just start fast....man..

OP
OP
SoonerLou

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
71% completion percentage, led his team in rushing, 4-1 turnover ratio, 426 combined yards.

Good call ESPN
Kyler didnt convert a lot of 3rd downs. He had a fumble as well and obviously the really bad int.

Still..surprising. Seattle's defense is so bad so maybe they punish you for that. Still...he was 20 points better last week against a poor Cowboys defense as well. Weird.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kyler didnt convert a lot of 3rd downs. He had a fumble as well and obviously the really bad int.

Still..surprising. Seattle's defense is so bad so maybe they punish you for that. Still...he was 20 points better last week against a poor Cowboys defense as well. Weird.
Fumble? Don’t you mean Nuk?

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol I gotta think all these spikes in the 4th and OT dont look great. Counts as a lot of incompletions as well.
Off topic... but the fact that the NFL counts intentional spikes and kneel-downs in player and team stats is really stupid. Should be a separate category.

And i never liked the spike as a "legalized intentional grounding" play to stop the clock. What a stupid contortion of the rules! Teams should just be able to line up and, from a legal formation, call a special timeout that costs a down instead of a standard timeout.

...dave

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This has been discussed, but one of my fav moments of growth was him chewing out his teammate and holding him accountable...Some are turned off by this but I loved it. Your qb needs to not just lead by example on the field but be a vocal leader as well. This never would have happened in year 1. Stay hungry Kyler.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Off topic... but the fact that the NFL counts intentional spikes and kneel-downs in player and team stats is really stupid. Should be a separate category.

And i never liked the spike as a "legalized intentional grounding" play to stop the clock. What a stupid contortion of the rules! Teams should just be able to line up and, from a legal formation, call a special timeout that costs a down instead of a standard timeout.

...dave
By the rules of intentional grounding it technically wouldn't be because he would have an eligible receiver in the backfield with him. So it would be in the area of an eligible receiver.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This has been discussed, but one of my fav moments of growth was him chewing out his teammate and holding him accountable...Some are turned off by this but I loved it. Your qb needs to not just lead by example on the field but be a vocal leader as well. This never would have happened in year 1. Stay hungry Kyler.

that moment and the huge SMILE on his face when he sees single coverage on the Nuk deep TD were things I loved. The above showed fire I hadn’t seen yet and the smile is just a pure love of the game moment.

the great ones have to love the game. It’s what drives them to ultimately be great. Last season, I was a little nervous that Kyler wasn’t one of those guys... going down too easily, not turning back inside on runs to get extra yards, sliding too early or running out of bounds a yard shy of the first. NONE of that is happening this season. He obviously put a lot of work on his body to shake off arm tackles and he’s maximizing on big runs and lowering his shoulder enough to get what he needs to get.

I’m also not worried that until last game he had been so inconsistent throwing mid-deep passes this year. Seeing the leap he’s made in his aggression and vision and speed running the ball shows me a guy who recognizes an area that can be improved on from the previous season. So I expect the same passing wise next offseason where he can really put it all together and possibly be unstoppable.

hell, maybe that happens over the second half of the season. All I know is we got a superstar in the making behind center. Only question is how high that star is going to rise.

if he’s really driven, sky’s the limit.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
By the rules of intentional grounding it technically wouldn't be because he would have an eligible receiver in the backfield with him. So it would be in the area of an eligible receiver.
That's certainly not necessarily true - though i believe teams used to do this with an RB or TE before the special rule was adopted:
Rule 8, section 2, article 1 of the NFL Rules:

Item 3: Stopping Clock. A player under center is permitted to stop the game clock legally to save time if, immediately upon receiving the snap, he begins a continuous throwing motion and throws the ball directly into the ground.
Just seems to me that making an exception to the intentional grounding rule, and counting the spike play as a "real" play in the stats, is a silly way of, effectively, allowing a team to trade a down for a clock stoppage.

...dave

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
that moment and the huge SMILE on his face when he sees single coverage on the Nuk deep TD were things I loved. The above showed fire I hadn’t seen yet and the smile is just a pure love of the game moment.

the great ones have to love the game. It’s what drives them to ultimately be great. Last season, I was a little nervous that Kyler wasn’t one of those guys... going down too easily, not turning back inside on runs to get extra yards, sliding too early or running out of bounds a yard shy of the first. NONE of that is happening this season. He obviously put a lot of work on his body to shake off arm tackles and he’s maximizing on big runs and lowering his shoulder enough to get what he needs to get.

I’m also not worried that until last game he had been so inconsistent throwing mid-deep passes this year. Seeing the leap he’s made in his aggression and vision and speed running the ball shows me a guy who recognizes an area that can be improved on from the previous season. So I expect the same passing wise next offseason where he can really put it all together and possibly be unstoppable.

hell, maybe that happens over the second half of the season. All I know is we got a superstar in the making behind center. Only question is how high that star is going to rise.

if he’s really driven, sky’s the limit.

Cheese, I STILL complain that he slides too early for FWIW. :)

But he's keeping himself health and that's what counts.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I really don't blame the TEs here so much as it seemed Seattle had the play sniffed out before it was even ran.
play sniffed out or not, B Wags went right by two of our TEs and neither of them touched him.

It's not like Seattle put 3 players over our two blockers and just beat us with numbers. Awful execution on the TEs part and Im glad Kyler yelled at them... Cant wait for Max to be back!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really don't blame the TEs here so much as it seemed Seattle had the play sniffed out before it was even ran.

You don't but Kyler sure as hell did.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Seahawks have scored 203 points in only 6 games because they've already had their bye week. The Chiefs have scored 218 points & their offense still isn't clicking on all cylinders yet... Mahomes has been good, but not great.

It's still a great sign for the Cards to be on this list, but we have some work to do consistency-wise in all 3 phases of the game before we will be up there with the top teams in the league.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA