Seahawks or 49ers this weekend

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Who should we want to win?

49ers win gives us the division lead..

However, man I kind of want the 49ers to go away....

Dont want them being a legit playoff contender.

Although maybe a division lead would have the team smelling blood.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I think every NFC west team will be in the chase up to the end of the season. Therefor it is probably better for the 49ers to lose. Though I could see Seattle having some upcoming struggles due to the ineptitude of their defense.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Would I rather get hit by a crowbar or baseball bat?

I think the 9ers are maybe the best coached team in our division and them hanging around scares me a bit. If they don't lose any more key players then they are going to win at least ten games this year.

Not sure which team I hate the most, how great is it they we have beat both of them so far this year.

I'm going to say I hope the Seahawks wins just because I agree with you and want the 49ers to go away.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
49ers, seahawks are still the division leaders.

Nothing would be better than a h2h match for the division lead later on.

49ers are wounded. And they significant portions of their pass rush.

Thats huge for K1 and co

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Niners passing limitations suit the Seahawks. Niners also limited at RB with injuries.

I think the Seahawks win this one comfortably.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t know. Niners losing would put us 2 games up and we have the tiebreaker.

if Seattle loses we are in first place and also own the tiebreaker.

I guess you could say it’s a win-win situation!

TheCardinal

Veteran
Reaction score
In addition to having Seattle lose, we would also need the Rams to lose (or tie) to find ourselves in first place after this weekend. A win by the Rams puts them ahead of us, at 6-2.

long_season

Veteran
Reaction score
Nines win. They are obviously inferior due to injuries. Miners are a really good team regardless of injuries...but take the miners when they play head to head.. no brainer

TheCardinal

Veteran
Reaction score
Serious question. Would a tie be the best outcome?

I would say probably not. I think a tie is the worst outcome, and here is why:

We are VERY strong in divisional tie-breakers, not just because of head-to-head wins against both teams and our 2-0 mark in the NFC West, but also because we are 0-2 in the only two NON-common opponents (DET/CRL) thus guaranteeing a BETTER common games record versus Seattle (who already beat MIN and ATL) and at worst a draw with San Francisco (hasn’t yet played GBP or NOS) should we finish with the same overall record.

In divisional tie-breakers, it goes head-to-head, then divisional record, then common games, then conference record. The silver lining in losing to Detroit and Carolina is that those two games count the least of our 16 games when it comes to divisional tie-breakers It’s a different story in playoff tie-breakers versus teams from the other divisions, where conference record does come before common games.

A tie in the Seattle-San Francisco game would make it very unlikely that we could use our tie-breaker edge against them, unless we tie a game, or each of them tie another game. Essentially a tie for them is like a win for them in how it relates to the Cardinals, as long as we hold a tie-breaker edge.

As to for whom to root, I guess it depends on our goals. A Seattle loss helps our case for the division. A San Francisco loss thins out the wild card race. Too early to know what might be the better call right now. I prefer a 49ers win, but it’s not a clear-cut call.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea we need to hope SF wins

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I want the 49ers to win but I don't see how they do it with their decimated secondary... and push rush...

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the matchup is favorable to the Seahawks and that the Seahawks win this one.

The Niners are too one dimensional in the passing game and won't test the chicks deep where they have been weak. The Niners are without a bunch of RB's although I still think they will run fairly well on them.

The one area that concerns me is Seahawks pass rush. Jimmy is trash with any pressure but Seahawks don't get any. The one wrench in the works of this theory is that we just gave the Niners a template to beating the Chicks.

I think it will be a good, close, game. 27-24 Seahawks.

Reaction score
I hate the niners too
But if they beat the seachickens, we are in 1st place
Run for it, Charlie! Run straight home, and don't stop 'til you get there!

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I would say probably not. I think a tie is the worst outcome, and here is why:

We are VERY strong in divisional tie-breakers, not just because of head-to-head wins against both teams and our 2-0 mark in the NFC West, but also because we are 0-2 in the only two NON-common opponents (DET/CRL) thus guaranteeing a BETTER common games record versus Seattle (who already beat MIN and ATL) and at worst a draw with San Francisco (hasn’t yet played GBP or NOS) should we finish with the same overall record.

In divisional tie-breakers, it goes head-to-head, then divisional record, then common games, then conference record. The silver lining in losing to Detroit and Carolina is that those two games count the least of our 16 games when it comes to divisional tie-breakers It’s a different story in playoff tie-breakers versus teams from the other divisions, where conference record does come before common games.

A tie in the Seattle-San Francisco game would make it very unlikely that we could use our tie-breaker edge against them, unless we tie a game, or each of them tie another game. Essentially a tie for them is like a win for them in how it relates to the Cardinals, as long as we hold a tie-breaker edge.

As to for whom to root, I guess it depends on our goals. A Seattle loss helps our case for the division. A San Francisco loss thins out the wild card race. Too early to know what might be the better call right now. I prefer a 49ers win, but it’s not a clear-cut call.
GREAT POST.

And I miss you at tailgates sir! Don't be a stranger around these parts!

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I think the division looks like this when AZ returns from the bye :

Az: 5-2
Sea: 5-2
LA: 5-3
SF: 5-3

CT Card Fan

Registered
Reaction score
Just look at the remaining schedules and it's an easy choice. Niners. They have Washington and Dallas still but also have Buffalo, NO, and GB plus divisional games. Seattle has a few rough games coming up but then gets a 4 week stretch of Eagles, both New York teams...at home, and then at Washington. Catch them sooner rather than later because it will be harder down the road.