Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's like Terry Metcalf when we had him and Jim Otis. except he doesn't return punts.

I think we need someone to get the short yardage I don't know who that's going to be.

I think if we get Maxx back we may start to be able to run better even with smaller RB's because Maxx is such a good blocker.

AirRaid

Rookie
Reaction score
He's a fantastic back-up. When Drake went down I wasn't worried in the slightest. Chase has been great all three seasons but he really turned a corner in his second year and this season looks to be continuing that.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He is impressive and very elusive. Deserves more touches but agree he won't be as effective as the feature back.

Who comes in for the Drake? Eno?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chase is averaging 6.1 YPC and every time he plays even as a rookie all he’s done is make plays. He’s great coming out of the backfield too. Lest we forget his first opportunity to start he had 3 TD runs over 20 yards on the road. Had he not pulled his hamstring odds are we never trade for Drake. The kid is a baller. Loved his confidence in his radio interview today on 98.7 too.....

He basically said that the Seattle game showed them and everybody else what the team is capable of… Stated that there are no longer any excuses and they should never play down to the competition.

I for one hope he grabs this opportunity and never lets it go. I hope he’s our diamond in the rough and a star on the rise!!!!

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Chase is averaging 6.1 YPC and every time he plays even as a rookie all he’s done is make plays. He’s great coming out of the backfield too. Lest we forget his first opportunity to start he had 3 TD runs over 20 yards on the road. Had he not pulled his hamstring odds are we never trade for Drake. The kid is a baller. Loved his confidence in his radio interview today on 98.7 too.....

He basically said that the Seattle game showed them and everybody else what the team is capable of… Stated that there are no longer any excuses and they should never play down to the competition.

I for one hope he grabs this opportunity and never lets it go. I hope he’s our diamond in the rough and a star on the rise!!!!

A champions mentality

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I do not think Chase is durable enough. I dig the guy, adore his ability and has turned out to be far more explosive than I ever thought but I do not think he can carry the whole load. I remember Stump Mitchell during a more violent era was about 185 lb and was productive for the Cards but Chase is fickle for me in the sustain availability. I think Eno can ball if given a chance but can he pass pro and not fumble being a rook with such stakes on the line... I really think this team needs to trade for vet insurance

eastcoastSUN

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Chase is awesome, BUT... he reminds me too much of Ellington. We used Duke in spurts his rookie year, then BA moves him to starting RB the following year and the guy got stuffed (and eventually) injured as an every down back. I don't want the same fate for Chase. He is best utilized in space and in spurts... and his body is not built as an 3-down back.

The big question moving forward is... who takes Drake's spot?

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Ellington never had Kyler at QB dictating so much difficulty for opposing defenses.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave