The Unnecessary Roughness Penalty

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
BS call. Luckily they missed on the Budda helmet to helmet as well.

How often can we say we got the benefit of calls vs Seattle?
The no call on Baker is something I prefer to be a no call. Yes he did lead with the helmet, but he was going low and the only reason there was helmet to helmet is because the Hawks player lowered his helmet down to meet Baker’s level.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Games are always strange because one hopes the refs stand consistent on calls which I think they did for the most part but they did allow a lot hand fighting on pass plays. Technically, Hopkins did push off on the touchdown

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Games are always strange because one hopes the refs stand consistent on calls which I think they did for the most part but they did allow a lot hand fighting on pass plays. Technically, Hopkins did push off on the touchdown

Nope, hand fighting by both players.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Nope, hand fighting by both players.

Yes, one would think that's the case if one does not want to call the penalty but the Cowboys got called for the exact same scenario in a game. What I am saying, technically, they could have called offensive PI because Hopkins did extend his full arm

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
He knew that ball wasn't there. That's why he went for the middle of the back. No attempt to tackle or wrap him up. It was only meant to hurt him. They usually don't call that but I am glad they did.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The no call on Baker is something I prefer to be a no call. Yes he did lead with the helmet, but he was going low and the only reason there was helmet to helmet is because the Hawks player lowered his helmet down to meet Baker’s level.

I agree it shouldn’t be a rule but by rule it was a penalty. He lead with the crown all the way.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I agree it shouldn’t be a rule but by rule it was a penalty. He lead with the crown all the way.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Oh it definitely should have been called based on the rules. Just saying that I personally wish that wasn't a rule.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Because Wagner was already committed. Assume he catches the ball, if Wagner pulls up then the receiver goes right by him.

The rules analyst agrees it was a bad call.

I agree. How is a defender supposed to break up a pass if he’s not right in front of the receiver? I know if it was our team and they called that I would be super pissed off. they have to allow the defender to have an opportunity to dislodge the ball.