You guys are crazy wanting to trade PP

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Dude shut down DK last night made a huge INT. Was all over Lockett on both long catches. He is athletic. He still brings fear to QBs. He gives us swag on the Corner. I mean what do you think you are going to get? And if it isn’t a stud CB which won’t happen. Then our defense would be even worse. Peterson is having fun too. Meaning he thinks this team is good and the defense looks up to him. PP needs to stay a Cardinal and people need to quit basing that opinion on each play. And Yes I get pissed during games too. But that’s why you don’t make rash decisions. Peterson is a solid corner and plays top WRs pretty Darn well

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
PP was more of himself last night. He is better when he faces WRs like Calvin Johnson (who DK has similarities to). He seems to struggle more with Lockett type receivers. He needs to be more consistent for me think he is elite again.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
My only question for the last 2 years has been, is he even open to resigning here if he isn't the highest paid CB in the league? He has been vocal about wanting out.

If he has been waiting for his chance to hit FA, then we should be shopping him rather than watching him walk for nothing.

That being said, if we trade him, we are worse right now...and this team has a shot at the playoffs, so I would be very hesitant to do it.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Aeneas was a better all around player and a true shutdown corner.
Nope.
Aeneas was great but he was playing under different rules and less pass happy offenses.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope.
Aeneas was great but he was playing under different rules and less pass happy offenses.

1000% a better player and if Aeneas didn’t play the majority of his career in purgatory here he easily would have been first ballot. Where you play and national exposure matters. PP being first ballot is questionable.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The only CB that can even be in the conversation with Peterson is Aeneas. Let that sink in for the Haters. His only comp is another hall of famer.

it’s a different game today. They’ve pretty much made it impossible to play CB and he’s been the best man to man CB for about a decade others have come and gone and it’s pretty much Peterson and Sherman left standing.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Aeneas had amazing hands and tracking skills. He’d be even better today plus he’s not afraid to lay the wood. Best defensive player in AZ history.
I fail to see how he would be better today with the much more stringent contact rules on receivers. Where as PP would be even better in coverage playing in an era that lets him get away with more contact.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I fail to see how he would be better today with the much more stringent contact rules on receivers. Where as PP would be even better in coverage playing in an era that lets him get away with more contact.

he’s be better today simply because he was always a shutdown corner and because he played the run stout as well. For all of PP’s cover skills, he’s been a nonfactor in the run game at best.

And from a statistical standpoint there is literally no comparison. Aeneas wasn’t just a shutdown corner, he was a playmaker extraordinaire. He knew how to bait QBs into picks and an incredible nose for the end zone as a defender.

55 interceptions, 8 forced fumbles, 12 defensive TDs.

that was all playing on mostly godawful teams that couldn’t breathe on the QB and corners who couldn’t cover a bed opposite him.

Peterson meanwhile has 27 ints, 1 forced fumble and 1 defensive touchdown.

Peterson has definitely seen his fair share of bad teams, but not like the dreck AW did and while a great shutdown corner at times in his career, he’s never been the playmaker that Aeneas was in addition to already being as good coverage wise.

Last edited:

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

He’d lead the league in INT’s with all the passing today and the man never lost interest or concentration even on crap teams.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
he’s be better today simply because he was always a shutdown corner and because he played the run stout as well. For all of PP’s cover skills, he’s been a nonfactor in the run game at best.
I mentioned nothing about run game. Someone mentioned that AW would be a better cover guy today than when he played and I don’t particularly see how.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
He’d lead the league in INT’s with all the passing today and the man never lost interest or concentration even on crap teams.
But would he get all those interceptions while not being allowed to basically even touch a WR? There was a lot of plays back then where a corner would damn near mug a WR before picking off the pass. I would also argue that receivers are all around more athletic today than they were back then. So combine more speed on the field with less allowable contact and coverage is much tougher today.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mentioned nothing about run game. Someone mentioned that AW would be a better cover guy today than when he played and I don’t particularly see how.

I thought they just said he’d be just as good today period.

edit: that is what he said. You mentioned cover skills but your entire post was in response to AW being a better overall player.

which he was and would be.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
But would he get all those interceptions while not being allowed to basically even touch a WR? There was a lot of plays back then where a corner would damn near mug a WR before picking off the pass. I would also argue that receivers are all around more athletic today than they were back then. So combine more speed on the field with less allowable contact and coverage is much tougher today.

Stephon Gilmore won DPOY last year Aeneas would be just fine lol.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I thought they just said he’d be just as good today period.

which he would be.
The comment said "he would be even better today" and while I do think he would still be a damn good player today I don't by any means think he would be better. Coverage is simply more difficult in today's NFL.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

oh Jesus... I forgot you were the guy who said that Devin Booker was a better offensive player than Kobe using this same kind of twisted logic.

the world didn’t start with you starting to watch sports.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The comment said "he would be even better today" and while I do think he would still be a damn good player today I don't by any means think he would be better. Coverage is simply more difficult in today's NFL.

you literally have nothing to back this up.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Stephon Gilmore won DPOY last year Aeneas would be just fine lol.
And your point? Gilmore was able to put up 6 interceptions, 1 fumble recovery and scored 2 defensive TDs while having to adhere to today's rules. No guarantee AW would be putting up those same stats today.