15 thoughts - Seahawks game

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
1 – What a wonderful, wonderful game by Kyler Murray! Great show.

2 – I rarely give the interior offensive line any love, so I will today.

3 – Vance Joseph’s best coaching job of all time might be to make a contributor out of Hasson Reddick.

4 – From time to time there is a game where I get frustrated during it, but it is always like that against Seattle. It is no matter if they win or lose – I always gets at least a couple of years older during those hours. I am not really sure why it apparently has to be that way. Frustrating to be frustrated.

5 – I have no idea, so I am asking you longtime fans: Budda Baker is obviously a stud. Does he brings back memories of Larry Wilson, or is that comparison completely wrong?

6 – It has always confused me why some wants Patrick Peterson traded, and again yesterday he was playing really well. Trade deadline coming up next week. You still want it after his play this season?

7 - I think by now we all know how it was out of necessity that they played the draft process as they did, before they dumped Rosen and picked Murray. What a great move by Keim and Bidwill to take that chance.

8 – It has basically become a signature-play for Fitz to quickly get the ball to the referee, so he can spot it before a spike.

9 – Yes, we all know that Russell Wilson is good, but the defense being sliced up like that for most of the game was embarrassing.

P.S. That also tells the story about the great in-game adjustments by Vance Joseph.

10 – I have seen some wondering why Kingsbury decided to kick the first field goal in overtime on second down, instead of trying to get some additional yards before kicking. Let’s calm down on that. It was a 41 yard kick. Gonzalez needs to make that.

11 – Markus Golden was one of my three proposed options to replace Chandler Jones because of exactly what we saw last night: almost no pressure on the quarterback without blitzing.

12 – I really have a soft spot for the black uniforms. Kind of wish they would always play in those.

13 – During the week I heard an analyst say that Kyler Murray scrambling is the hardest play to defend in the NFL, and without having seen all often-go-to-play, I tend to believe it.

14 – "I did (think Baker would score) until that huge stallion of a human came galloping out of nowhere," coach Kliff Kingsbury said. "… DK Metcalf is an absolute freak athlete, and what an effort play by him. High school coaching will be showing that one for years."

Nice job of going with Andy Isabella two picks ahead of Metcalf.

(Forget about the play itself. Think instead of Kingsbury’s description, and the fact that Isabella are basically being asked to do the things that Metcalf does really well, and the fact that the 2019 NFL draft is not long ago, so pretty much nothing has changed in the two player’s fundamental characteristics)

15 – Nice to get another win on a national scene, but I am not a fan of how they move games around. Obviously it is necessary, but I can’t really keep up with when games are being played. And I suppose it might only be a matter of time before a Cards game gets moved to another day.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
#5 that comparison isn’t anywhere close to accurate. Larry Wilson was a major ball hawk and TO creating machine in his career finishing with 52ints. Even if BB plays for 12 years he on pace for 6 INTs in his career.

That’s not hating just a fact.

I’m with you on #12

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
14 – "I did (think Baker would score) until that huge stallion of a human came galloping out of nowhere," coach Kliff Kingsbury said. "… DK Metcalf is an absolute freak athlete, and what an effort play by him. High school coaching will be showing that one for years."

Nice job of going with Andy Isabella two picks ahead of Metcalf.

(Forget about the play itself. Think instead of Kingsbury’s description, and the fact that Isabella are basically being asked to do the things that Metcalf does really well, and the fact that the 2019 NFL draft is not long ago, so pretty much nothing has changed in the two player’s fundamental characteristics)

I'm glad you're bringing this up Gandhi as it hasn't been mentioned before, and is worth talking about. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
#5 that comparison isn’t anywhere close to accurate. Larry Wilson was a major ball hawk and TO creating machine in his career finishing with 52ints. Even if BB plays for 12 years he on pace for 6 INTs in his career.

That’s not hating just a fact.

I’m with you on #12
Well considering both of his interception came in 7 games this season. I would argue that he is on pace for far more than 6 INTs for his career as it should be at least somewhat adjusted for recent trends.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well considering both of his interception came in 7 games this season. I would argue that he is on pace for far more than 6 INTs for his career as it should be at least somewhat adjusted for recent trends.

the larger trend in most cases would be considered the norm. Not the mini spike. But I understand your thoughts.

Bkbobo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Issabella played a key role on the Arnold big gainer. Going deep through the middle he drew two guys to him and left the LB to cover Arnold.

not saying I wouldn’t prefer Metcalf just saying there are things we don’t see on exactly how a player contributes.

He also had a good block for Chase to spring for some extra yards. I think KK needs to set up some shorter easier passes for Andy to build his confidence and get him in a rhythm. Kyler has been off with all the receivers, but even more with Andy. He was good against the Lions. I hope they work with his timing. Because when they are one the same page, look out.

Last edited:

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
No matter how you slice it, I still don't understand how you take Andy Freakin Isabella when Metcalf, the consensus #1 WR in the draft is still on the board.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When your at the park and you notice your 4 year old has started running towards the ice cream parlour over the road.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
#14 - That is such revisionist history.

Here is the stats for DK Metcalf in college in his last season: 26 catches for 569 yards

Here is the stats for Isabella in his last season: 102 catches for 1689 yards.

You still want to tell me nothing has changed since draft day?

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
No matter how you slice it, I still don't understand how you take Andy Freakin Isabella when Metcalf, the consensus #1 WR in the draft is still on the board.

He wasn’t the consensus #1 WR in the draft at all, there were 8 WRs taken before him. He wasn’t the number 1 guy mostly due to his lack of production in college, durability concerns and poor testing in the agility drills (he had great straight line speed but struggled in the drills that required a change of direction). I am sure if there was a do over he’d be drafted much higher but obviously the NFL didn’t see him as the best WR in the draft.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I dont even blame Izzy

Thats all Kiem.

Granted it is starting to look like like he hit on Hump and Riddick but to blow 3 wr picks in one draft is borderline inexcusable

Last edited:

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He was never - EVER - the consensus #1 receiver. That's why 8 or 9 receivers went before him in the draft.

I'm disappointed with Isabella's performance too, but this bullcrap Metcalf was the obvious choice is beyond annoying - and yes I admit I did not want to draft him and was very wrong about it, but so was every NFL GM.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He was never - EVER - the consensus #1 receiver. That's why 8 or 9 receivers went before him in the draft.

I'm disappointed with Isabella's performance too, but this bullcrap Metcalf was the obvious choice is beyond annoying - and yes I admit I did not want to draft him and was very wrong about it, but so was every NFL GM.

However you spin it you could go back and look at 100 different draft boards. Whether it's guys like Mel Kiper or newer guys like TDN and 95 out of 100 will have Metcalf over Isabella and it's not close.

Same goes for 95 out of 100 bone head fans like us. Pretty much the only people who had Isabella over Metcalf are Kliff and Keim.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Good post Gahdi.

FYI As a fan who saw #8 play back in the day, it’s not even comparable between he & Budda. Luv the kid, but as Shane said, the difference between the 2 are the ball skills & ability to take away the ball. Budda is very good, Wilson was an all time great

I’ll give credit to Vance for coming up with some blitz package wrinkles we’ve yet too see in the last 14 minutes of the game, but his soft zone schemes were getting thrashed for the most part. I’m still not sold hes a quality DC.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
However you spin it you could go back and look at 100 different draft boards. Whether it's guys like Mel Kiper or newer guys like TDN and 95 out of 100 will have Metcalf over Isabella and it's not close.

Same goes for 95 out of 100 bone head fans like us. Pretty much the only people who had Isabella over Metcalf are Kliff and Keim.
That’s not spin his statement is blatantly false

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score

Unless you have access to NFL teams draft boards none of that matters at all. Obviously multiple teams had other WRs ranked ahead of Metcalf that isn’t debatable. Talk about spin.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That’s not spin his statement is blatantly false

He was certainly WR1 for some. For sure post combine. Maybe not consensus but on most analysts boards he was top 2.

I don't know why he fell. There was a lot of nonsense about over stiffness and route running and maybe teams over thought it, but to be honest Isabella looks stiffer.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
the larger trend in most cases would be considered the norm. Not the mini spike. But I understand your thoughts.
I don’t completely disagree by any means. Thing is that both of his picks this year were perfect reads for him where jumped the route to pick it off. If it was a couple fluky interceptions than I wouldn’t put too much stock into it, but at this point it is clear that he is starting to read the pass game much better than he was in the past.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose