Wk 8-The Bye week. Keeping up with the Cardinals

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
We could have movement

if Seattle loses this week we will be in first place in the division due to having the same record and we won the head to head and are undefeated in the division
Hags already had their bye

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Lets hope the bye week gets us a few things.

1. If there are any moves, lets hope they are to make a push for the playoffs this season. I've changed my tune after last night. We can be a playoff team this year.

2. We get some reinforcements back from injury...Maxx Williams, Thompson, etc.

3. We get new guys on the field after the bye...Marcus Golden and Isiah Simmons.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Fans need a bye week to recover after that game.
Kyler Murray admitted he looked at the bye week as time off last year. Him and the team looked lethargic in what was his worst game of the year imo.

This year he says he's more mature and locked in and "there is no bye week"
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We need the following:
1. A RB if Drake is out and the team doesn't think Eno or Ward are ready.
2. A TE if Max Williams is not ready after the Bye.
3. DL to replace Phillips if needed. I think opponents are going to run the ball more in order to keep Kyler off the field.
4. We need to keep Chase in his present role as a back up RB. I see him getting more snaps as the team will probably pass more.
JMO.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We need the following:
1. A RB if Drake is out and the team doesn't think Eno or Ward are ready.
2. A TE if Max Williams is not ready after the Bye.
3. DL to replace Phillips if needed. I think opponents are going to run the ball more in order to keep Kyler off the field.
4. We need to keep Chase in his present role as a back up RB. I see him getting more snaps as the team will probably pass more.
JMO.

I think we need DI even if Philips is ok. I haven't been too impressed with our interior this year considering what we put into it in picks and money. It's not been particularly good vs the run or pass. It's ok, but needs to be better.

I'm ok with Edmonds starting at RB with small spells from Eno and Ward. I'm ok with what we have at TE as we don't use it too much. But DL as a whole is probably the weakest area of the team at the moment. It's working it's nuts off, but to get pressure we have to blitz and good teams will take advantage of that.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Not really funny.

Eno is probably every bit as good as DJ at this point anyway.
Eno has not played a snap in professional football. He may be better but that will not be this year.

David Johnson is washed up but he can still get 3.5 avg yards and catch passes like a receiver and knows offense.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
David Johnson for a seventh round pick?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I wouldn't give them that.

If Drake has nothing broke and he might miss 3-4 games with a muscle injury just role with Edmonds.

If he's out longer still role with Edmonds and pick up one of many street free agents that are sat at home to spell him from,

Lamar Miller
Isaiah Crowell
Bilal Powell

Or DJ Foster, Ward or Eno.

There's only 1 RB I can think of that should be cheap as he's FA next year, still young and could do a good job for us next year and going forward if we let Drake walk and that's Jamaal Williams. I think he has a tonne of potential and that Packers likely don't resign him with AJ Dillon.

I'd send a low pick for him.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The real issue IMO is short yardage, Drake is the biggest RB we have. Someone last night mentioned maybe Streveler as an option there which is interesting he has done it and looked good.

Hopefully Drake is not serious but it didn't look good last night.

The games are getting tougher now Miami is good, Buffalo is good, Rams are good, Seattle again is good, even the Pats are pretty good though obviously down from normal without Brady. We're going to have less margin for error so I really hope either Drake can get back quickly, or we find a RB who can get short yardage runs

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Darren Urban
@Cardschatter

·
14m

Kingsbury doesn't have a lot of specifics on injuries. Kenyan Drake (ankle) was in a lot of pain, but until the MRI, he didn't have any other info. If Edmonds starts, they will look at all three other guys -- Benjamin, Ward, Foster -- to see who would be the No. 2.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Cardinals 37, Seahawks 34 in as wild a Sunday-nighter as you’ll see. And we’ll remember it for that weirdness, no doubt. But it doesn’t seem out of the realm of possibility that we’ll also look back on it as something else: the night Arizona announced itself as a bona fide contender in the rugged NFC West.

“It’s getting to 2–0 in the division with our bye week,” Kingsbury said. “We’re going to rest and heal up. And teaching a lot off of the win against a really good team, is the biggest thing. Would hate to have lost that one and try to make those corrections. There’s a lot we have to clean up, obviously. But to get to 2–0 at the midpoint, at our bye week, it’s kind of our goal.”

And the possibilities from here are pretty wild, when you consider where the Cardinals were just a year and a half ago.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/10/26/mmqb-week-7-arizona-cardinals-pittsburgh-steelers-jimmy-garoppolo

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Its time for Eno to get some reps at practice and spell Edmonds. Chase has shown he can be RB1, as long as he isn't running it 35 times a game. He is a great recieveing back, and runs hard when needed. Eno should be able to fill into the backup role.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave