KK...

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Actually an assistant told Kliff or it would’ve been a delay. Just another game management error on his part, which he’s did repeatedly at Tech & numerous times here.

Kyler & a few others bailed his butt out!

If he doesn’t call a TO it’s a delay and they probably run two more plays to get closer but we’ll never know. It’s just a bad look not paying attention in that situation.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is a ton of supposition. Under no circumstances does kicking a 41 yarder make sense on second down.

41 yard FGs are made 85% of the time so a 15% fail rate. Just 4 yards cuts that fail rate in half. 8 yards quarters it.

Also, if the intent was to reposition the ball, you don't run towards an uncovered defender on the prior play. You stack in that direction and minimize the risk.

Nothing you are stating here makes any sense statistically or within the flow of the game.

He said the Center went the wrong way on the QB lead.

Then admitted he went conservative again.

Seemed like the read option was working. Heck a pass there might have been good too.

As much as people talk about development of the team/players....we have a coach who is trying to learn how to win as well.

If Kyler didnt suddenly start running like mini Barry Sanders I dont know where we'd be (yes his passing is average to below average, but still)

Better to learn after a win though.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No idea but I think Murray has cleared this all up.

I have told you all before that I met Kyler's family and they were VERY forward with how conservative Kliff's play calling is.

Murray is about to outgrow these handcuffs
TBF to Kliff I think they see the ints in practice..

Gotta tighten up his accuracy. Cant have that throw like in the 4th. I really think thats why he ran so much even though that was a bad look as well.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
TBF to Kliff I think they see the ints in practice..

Gotta tighten up his accuracy. Cant have that throw like in the 4th. I really think thats why he ran so much even though that was a bad look as well.
Accuracy was not an issue last night. Absolutely incredible game for Murray. KK’s play calling early in these games has become the concern, not Murray’s accuracy. And the D will need to improve a bunch if this team wants to get to the next level.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Accuracy was not an issue last night. Absolutely incredible game for Murray. KK’s play calling early in these games has become the concern, not Murray’s accuracy. And the D will need to improve a bunch if this team wants to get to the next level.
lmao, you out of your mind if Murray’s accuracy wasn’t primary problem this season, especially the Detroit-Carolina-Dallas games.

Bkbobo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Great, great win!!! Murray is such a competitor. Loved when he went off on our garbage TE’s. Max needs to get back ASAP. I blame KK for the slow starts on offense. Needs to be remedied ASAP.

Maybe KK can have the offense play a pickup game prior to the game for one quarter. That way we already got those horizontal passes etc. Out of his system.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
KK obviously has talent and ability, in my opinion what he needs to do is analyze his own weaknesses and see if there is someone on the team he can trust that has strengths in those areas and delegate some authority to them.

Some people are wizards at clock management, could be any assistant on the team, let them run and just coordinate with him so that he's always alerted before hand where he stands and what to watch for.

He himself doesn't have to be great at this if he can count on someone to have his back he'll be fine.

The early game blahs are probably him just trying things, as it gets more and more real in the game he stops feeling he has time to experiment. He just needs to take a look at how Andy Reid does it he scripts plays to take his own thinking out of it.

The plays are designed to work based on his best thoughts prior to the game, after they run out then the adjustments come from that.

He needs to seriously think about doing this if he's not.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't know how anyone can defend Kliff's kicking it on 2nd down. Even he himself said it was absolute garbage and the team pulled his ass out of the fire.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Did I say that accuracy wasn’t an issue in the Detroit/Carolina/Dallas games??? Go back and read what I wrote. I said that accuracy was not an issue LAST night.
C’mon guy, you don’t even know what you wrote

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
KK no doubt needs to make major adjustments on how his offense is starting games. Especially in light of the fact that teams can score quickly and easily on our defense. We were fortunate last night that we weren’t down 3 tds very early on. If that happens against intimidating defenses like Pittsburgh, Baltimore, SF, LAR, etc, then we are in BIG, BIG trouble. I’m even more concerned about what’s going on in Vance’s head. How can it take him a full half & almost 400 yards of offense to realize he couldn’t play a soft zone against Wilson??? If Collinsworth is questioning where our attacking D from the previous week was, then changes have to come quicker to Vance.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kliff did not ice his own kicker. The kick went up after DOG would have been called.

Kliff has the courage to orchestrate at 48 second drive to tie the game on RUN plays. Any other coach would have tried it all through the air and would have lost the game. Their no huddle game made it possible. He gets credit for that

There was a ton of confusion when Kliff pivoted late and decided to kick the Field goal on second down. He should have used his timeout to get things settled way before the play clock ran out. Lack of awareness during a critical point in the game.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know how anyone can defend Kliff's kicking it on 2nd down. Even he himself said it was absolute garbage and the team pulled his ass out of the fire.

I certainly disagreed with it. But, I don't care about it, at all, today. He coached us to a 37-34 win over the top team in our division and the NFC. That is good coaching.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Going for it on 2nd down was his only real questionable decision.

He didn't ice is own kicker. The 4th down call was fine, even though I would have taken the points. We are #1 in the league on 4th down conversions.

This is Monday morning QB'ing, at its finest.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Is it really icing his own kicker? The timeout was called because our offense screwed up and didn't snap the ball in time. The timeout saved us 5 yards.

Yeah, what was the option? take the 5yd penalty? and it wasn't even him, it was one of the assistants that ran to tell him. But to his credit, KK took the blame for it.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Here's what I'll say, you can tear apart any game or any coach and find things they did wrong and I'm not against that but the feeling I get from this team is that by and large it's headed in the right direction, that includes KK an KM.

Are there things they need to work on? Oh absolutely and the defense basically got shredded yardage wise that wasn't good, in the end we made some adjustments and made the plays we had to make when we had to make them, in almost any other year that game would of been a loss.

So i'm very optimistic, but as the competition gets harder and harder they are going to need to tighten up the ship.

As long as they are learning it's all good, don't repeat the same mistakes over and over again, constantly improve on both offense and defense and we will be a contender for years.

This team is just fun to watch I don't care what you say they have a good vibe to them. Yeah there are things that bother me but they aren't the focus.

AirRaid

Rookie
Reaction score
I think what everyone seems to forget from time to time is that this is still his second year in the NFL in any coaching capacity. There's still going to be growing pains with Kliff on decisions made and halftime adjustments but that's the beauty of football. Nobody is ever perfect. People still question Belichick and Reid and Tomlin, Caroll, etc, etc, it's how you learn and grow from your mistakes and Kliff has definitely grown from last year.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

bEcAUsE wE wOn. kLiFf NeeDS tO TEll KLifF To nOt qUEsTIon kLiFf

You must be registered for see images attach

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I think what everyone seems to forget from time to time is that this is still his second year in the NFL in any coaching capacity. There's still going to be growing pains with Kliff on decisions made and halftime adjustments but that's the beauty of football. Nobody is ever perfect. People still question Belichick and Reid and Tomlin, Caroll, etc, etc, it's how you learn and grow from your mistakes and Kliff has definitely grown from last year.
This and for the people that will point out that he was also a HC in college, he only was a HC at that level for a handful of seasons. I doubt he has had a ton of these specific situations to learn from. There is a good chance that he will learn from these mistakes and be better in the future. Just be happy that we won despite some clear decision mistakes from the coach.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The biggest thing KK should have to answer for is how we get the ball with 6 minutes, down 2 scores, and all time outs....and we somehow run a 12 play drive that takes over 1/2 the time off the clock, and were ready to settle for a FG if not for the leverage penalty on Seattle.

That is HORRIBLE game management. We should have been in a hurry up, and been trying to save every second for the 2nd drive we knew we needed.

When you then see us put together a FG drive...relying on the run....and doing it in like 55 seconds.....it makes you wonder why on earth we needed almost 4 minutes to move down the field into FG range the first time.