I’m Ecstatic

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Holy crap. How did you survive that game? I just watched the 15m highlights and I feel like I need therapy.

Not scoring on Budda pick, letting then score on a bomb with seconds in the first half, the number of 3rd down conversions we let happen, busted bubble screens had me in a rage. Then the comeback. The FG to force OT. Then the missed FG. The DK TD called back. The Simmons interception. The winner.

Im shaking. There may have been some watering of eyes (I think the wife was chopping onions for breakfast). How did you live through that for 3 hours?!

(also in what I saw Dre Kirkpatrick looked garbage and gave up about 20 catches it seemed)

Last edited:

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Holy crap. How did you survive that game? I just watched the 15m highlights and I feel like I need therapy.

Not scoring on Budda pick, letting then score on a bomb with seconds in the first half, the number of 3rd down conversions we let happen, busted bubble screens had me in a rage. Then the comeback. The FG to force OT. Then the missed FG. The Simmons interception. The winner.

Im shaking. There may have been some watering of eyes (I think the wife was chopping onions for breakfast). How did you live through that for 3 hours?!
Cardinals fans use to get through this so many times and losing the game was the praxis in those close games

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cardinals fans use to get through this so many times and losing the game was the praxis in those close games

When we missed the FG in OT I thought that was it. Same old Cards.

I bet the game thread is hilarious. What a great game for prime time though. Should get the Cards some rare media coverage this week.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
First game Russ ever lost when leading by 10 at the half

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Or by 4

Last edited:

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I’m curious, did u checked the final score before viewing the tape? I bet you had a great day getting a jump on the late articles. I got frustrated and went to bed. What a surprise when I woke. Priceless

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m curious, did u checked the final score before viewing the tape? I bet you had a great day getting a jump on the late articles. I got frustrated and went to bed. What a surprise when I woke. Priceless

No you can't check the score first. It ruins it. Watching the highlights was a lot like watching the game I imagine. Except condensed into 15 minutes for the peak rage to elation experience.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Not scoring on Budda pick, letting then score on a bomb with seconds in the first half, the number of 3rd down conversions we let happen, busted bubble screens had me in a rage. Then the comeback. The FG to force OT. Then the missed FG. The DK TD called back. The Simmons interception. The winner.

(also in what I saw Dre Kirkpatrick looked garbage and gave up about 20 catches it seemed)
Keep in mind Dre was hurting the whole game. He gutted it out and my hat is off to him.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Keep in mind Dre was hurting the whole game. He gutted it out and my hat is off to him.

He was. And he was actually only covering Lockett for 70 yards of his 200 according to NGS. But 2 of his TD's.

But before this game he allowed 70% of targets to be caught. He's been the weakest of the CB's and Amukamara has been the better player through his career. I'd like to see if he can make this D better.

On a separate we have to start games better. We started with a dropped catch, an everybody but the center false start, a pass behind the LOS for a yard and a huge loss on a bubble screen to Hopkins. Our first drives have generally been abysmal this year. We basically give opponents a 2 drive start.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was. And he was actually only covering Lockett for 70 yards of his 200 according to NGS. But 2 of his TD's.

But before this game he allowed 70% of targets to be caught. He's been the weakest of the CB's and Amukamara has been the better player through his career. I'd like to see if he can make this D better.

On a separate we have to start games better. We started with a dropped catch, an everybody but the center false start, a pass behind the LOS for a yard and a huge loss on a bubble screen to Hopkins. Our first drives have generally been abysmal this year. We basically give opponents a 2 drive start.
I get it. But after a win like this we as fans deserve to ride the high for a couple of games.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I get it. But after a win like this we as fans deserve to ride the high for a couple of games.

Oh I am. It's all constructive. As I said recently I can see this team can not only make the play offs but can win play off games. There's just some things I'd like to see fixed to make that happen though, like opening drives.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I still can't believe Baker didn't have a pick 6 when Metcalf chased him down and then we didn't score on 4 downs. I nearly smashed my screen on that one.

Just watching the full game and it feels no better the 2nd. Awesome by Metcalf though.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still can't believe Baker didn't have a pick 6 when Metcalf chased him down and then we didn't score on 4 downs. I nearly smashed my screen on that one.

Just watching the full game and it feels no better the 2nd. Awesome by Metcalf though.
Oh I know. But if Baker doesn’t make that pick the Seahawks go up 21-7 and the rout could have been on.

Many times I have stated make a decision and live by your conviction. Kingsbury said last night he would do the same thing 10 out of 10 times. We were 100% on fourth downs and our red zone offense has been lights out.

Live by your convictions. We all better get use to it.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh I know. But if Baker doesn’t make that pick the Seahawks go up 21-7 and the rout could have been on.

Many times I have stated make a decision and live by your conviction. Kingsbury said last night he would do the same thing 10 out of 10 times. We were 100% on fourth downs and our red zone offense has been lights out.

Live by your convictions. We all better get use to it.

Oh he did the right thing going for it, just can't believe we came out of that INT without points.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh he did the right thing going for it, just can't believe we came out of that INT without points.
I thought we should have taken the points and there are many that still believe that.

But look at Pete Carroll. Up by 3 and facing a 4th and goal. They went for it and scored a TD. It’s exactly what Kingsbury did but we didn’t score. If it’s good enough for Pete then I guess it’s okay for us! Lol.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose