OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyler Murray: Sunday night’s win a “big, big step for us”

The Cardinals had not beaten the Seahawks in Arizona since 2012 heading into Sunday night’s game and it looked like that streak would continue when Seattle opened up a 13-point lead in the first half of the game.

Arizona chipped away at that lead, however, and scored 10 straight points in the fourth quarter to send the game to overtime. More twists and turns were waiting in the extra 10 minutes, but an Isaiah Simmons interception of Russell Wilson gave Zane Gonzalez a second chance to hit a game-winning field goal with 15 seconds to play in the game.

Gonzalez hit the kick and the Cardinals are 5-2 after a 37-34 win. The loss was Seattle’s first of the season and Cardinals quarterback Kyler Murray said after the game that the win represented a significant accomplishment for the team.

“Wanting to be the best, you got to beat the best,” Murray said, via Josh Weinfuss of ESPN.com. “And that’s just the nature of this game. In any sport, you got to beat the best. So I think it was a big, big step for us.”

Murray was 34-of-48 for 360 yards, three touchdowns and an interception through the air while running 14 times for 67 yards and a touchdown. The line looked similar to the one that Russell Wilson posted, but Wilson had three interceptions and that helped swing the game Arizona’s way.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Great game, I rewatched it from the second half. What a game.

I understood why KK wanted to kick the FG on 2nd down but he should have made up his mind some seconds earlier. At the end it ended up fine, KK has some hiccups her and there but his Game management gets better and if he calls the right plays as well, we might have a really good HC. But like many others stated he isn't there yet for now he is a good OC that has some hiccups and a mediocre HC.

And now on to the ints, we had 3 INTS of a beauty and the Kyler INT was a really bad thrown ball. Baker made a heck of a play, PP21 made a heck of a technical play and the INT of Simmons is just incredible, he backpadels and high points the ball as it would be easy to do so for a LB, the ball was thrown well, not under-thrown. If it isn't Simmons with his height and so on, Russel throw a perfect pass, if he throws it higher he overthrows his own player and Simmons picks him off. Just incredible to have such a guy on the D and not using him on most of your snaps.

Overall this D played better in the second half and if true that the team walked to VJ to change his mind on play-calling, kudos to the captains or whoever did it, that takes guts to go to the DC and speak him into changing his philosophy. Kudos to VJ to listen to his player and showcase that with enough ferocity his system is good enough to stop the best of them in clutch moments.

Zane was clutch expect for the kick after the TO but he redeemed himself.

Hop, Kirk and Fitz showed what this season could look like if Kyler gets in a groove. If Kyler would have found them like yesterday all three of them would be on the road to hit the 1k yards mark this year.

And having Fitz on the O, with his situational awareness, was key, you see nobody sprint the ball to the Ref and getting your guys to the ball to spike faster then him. It's like having a mini HC for situational Football on the field, for a young QB like Murray this is really helpful, at some point Murray will have this awareness but to have Fitz to help him now to win now, is crucial for the team, 11 Mio $ well spend for the WR/TE Fitz.

The team has still a long way to go and there were some bad moments from Kyler, Arnolds, Drake, Kliff, Vance Joseph, PP21 and so on, but overall a well fought and deserved win.

The Cardiac Cards are back.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
It was nice to watch these games back to back like that, wow, just amazing.

KK is still rough around the edges on clock management in my opinion but you kind of expect that from a coach that hasn't been coaching in the NFL that long, the issues seem to crop up in terms of extreme clock management.

Some of the play calling was a dud, but overall he's making progress I think.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

0:32

Daniels giving Kyler a hug when its all said and done.

Orlovsky highlighted something here. Kyler has an unusual will to win.

And its infectious

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

0:32

Daniels giving Kyler a hug when its all said and done.

Orlovsky highlighted something here. Kyler has an unusual will to win.

And its infectious
Daniels was god awful from start to finish last night. He must be thanking his lucky stars they won that game despite him.

waterboy

Rookie
Reaction score
One of the very best Cardinals games in my memory - been a fan for 55 years. Shows we can play with the big dogs.