Drake 4th in the NFL in Rushing Yards After 6 Weeks

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
He's 4th in rushing in a year where premier players are hurt. He's not producing well.

He wasn't the lead back because he's not very good. Edmonds should be the lead back right here, and would be if their contracts were the same.

You're concept is either all pro or trash it seems. Drake is a good NFL player. He's struggled a bit this year, but few guys are capable of having big games every time out.

Either way he IS the 4th leading rusher in the NFL right now, and we're close to halfway through the season.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
He never changed the coaches changed and emphasized to run game to win, I don’t give 2 craps how god your pass game is, it is better with a run game and takes an effective run game to win in the nfl. People can ignore this truth , bla bla bla - bla bla bla bla bla - every other part of the team improved stats and production as soon as we balanced up attempts. With whiz , BA and now KK - fundamentals in football are alive an well

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He never changed the coaches changed and emphasized to run game to win, I don’t give 2 craps how god your pass game is, it is better with a run game and takes an effective run game to win in the nfl. People can ignore this truth , bla bla bla - bla bla bla bla bla - every other part of the team improved stats and production as soon as we balanced up attempts. With whiz , BA and now KK - fundamentals in football are alive an well
He clearly changed his he is running and stopped dancing so much

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Drake signing was an excellent move by Keim. Hopefully an extension is worked out.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Yards are yards and they all count towards winning. Injuries are part of the game and if you cannot stay healthy, that is also part of your value. Drake is ranked top five in yards now... that's the reality of value :)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're concept is either all pro or trash it seems. Drake is a good NFL player. He's struggled a bit this year, but few guys are capable of having big games every time out.

Either way he IS the 4th leading rusher in the NFL right now, and we're close to halfway through the season.

Agreed. Kid’s a solid player. Not the best, nowhere close to the worst. And considering we ended up getting the guy @Solar7 wanted to spend money on (Markus Golden) anyway and that our rushing game has three weapons other teams have to scheme for, it’s a little ridiculous to be picking nits here. Drake isn’t on a contract that will effect the cap at all this year. He didn’t preclude us going out and getting a pass rusher and the team is 4-2. Lotta handwringing and people just not being able to admit they migh have overstated their case against Drake.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

No, it's not all-pro or bust, it's that his level of production could happen with most any player, at a much cheaper price. Removing QBs, his YPC is 16th. The only reason he's this high is that it's been a war of attrition at the position. He's 5th in attempts and many of the best RBs in the league have had an injury or bye. It's more about not wanting to spend any more money on a guy who can give you 100 yards on ~28% of games (as a Cardinal, worse if we include his whole career), and when it does, it comes mostly on big games against terrible defenses.

Agreed. Kid’s a solid player. Not the best, nowhere close to the worst. And considering we ended up getting the guy @Solar7 wanted to spend money on (Markus Golden) anyway and that our rushing game has three weapons other teams have to scheme for, it’s a little ridiculous to be picking nits here. Drake isn’t on a contract that will effect the cap at all this year. He didn’t preclude us going out and getting a pass rusher and the team is 4-2. Lotta handwringing and people just not being able to admit they migh have overstated their case against Drake.
Eh, I wouldn't call Markus Golden "the guy I wanted" in comparison to Drake, he was just an example. I'm fine with paying Drake what we are now as long as he's either cheaper or not on the team next year.

I'm only so outwardly anti-Drake because of the numbers people were throwing out in the offseason, Where they were insisting the guy is gonna run for nearly 1300 yards and catch 56 balls, because they were so convinced in his 8 game stretch. If you counted up through before the Cowboys game, he was on pace for 1005 yards and 19 receptions.

I just don't understand the excitement over these anomalous big games he sometimes puts up, when he puts up performances like 35 yards with for zero receptions two weeks prior.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, it's not all-pro or bust, it's that his level of production could happen with most any player, at a much cheaper price. Removing QBs, his YPC is 16th. The only reason he's this high is that it's been a war of attrition at the position. He's 5th in attempts and many of the best RBs in the league have had an injury or bye. It's more about not wanting to spend any more money on a guy who can give you 100 yards on ~28% of games (as a Cardinal, worse if we include his whole career), and when it does, it comes mostly on big games against terrible defenses.

Eh, I wouldn't call Markus Golden "the guy I wanted" in comparison to Drake, he was just an example. I'm fine with paying Drake what we are now as long as he's either cheaper or not on the team next year.

I'm only so outwardly anti-Drake because of the numbers people were throwing out in the offseason, Where they were insisting the guy is gonna run for nearly 1300 yards and catch 56 balls, because they were so convinced in his 8 game stretch. If you counted up through before the Cowboys game, he was on pace for 1005 yards and 19 receptions.

I just don't understand the excitement over these anomalous big games he sometimes puts up, when he puts up performances like 35 yards with for zero receptions two weeks prior.

you can’t just throw out an entire games though. Even without that long run at the end, he still got the ball rolling with 95 yards on the ground on 20 carries.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
you can’t just throw out an entire games though. Even without that long run at the end, he still got the ball rolling with 95 yards on the ground on 20 carries.
Like I said, I have a tendency to think with a fantasy football mindset sometimes - where you DO throw out these random games, because they're too hard to predict.

I'm not "throwing out" games so much as trying to point out to people that he's not a factor in most of his games. I'd be criticizing Zeke and Gurley too, but at least they have historical success and poor play around them as an excuse.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Like I said, I have a tendency to think with a fantasy football mindset sometimes - where you DO throw out these random games, because they're too hard to predict.

I'm not "throwing out" games so much as trying to point out to people that he's not a factor in most of his games. I'd be criticizing Zeke and Gurley too, but at least they have historical success and poor play around them as an excuse.

This is why fantasy football ruins football. I quit playing years ago.

You say his production could be replaced by vitually anyone, but I have been watching the Cardinals for almost 30 years and I know that's bulldunk The Cardinals made the smart move and brought back a guy who is.....the 4th leading rusher through week 6.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drake is fine by me. He’s steady except for his East/west brain cramp. No fumbles . Nice block to allow Kyler to get a big first down and he’s been injurie free.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

You say his production could be replaced by vitually anyone, but I have been watching the Cardinals for almost 30 years and I know that's bulldunk The Cardinals made the smart move and brought back a guy who is.....the 4th leading rusher through week 6.
I think our problem is just interpretation. I'm combining offseason sentiment with this thread and feeling like people are calling him a surefire star again. Maybe I'm taking it too seriously. It's just... we're a week removed from people wanting Edmonds to start. The board runs so hot and cold.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I think our problem is just interpretation. I'm combining offseason sentiment with this thread and feeling like people are calling him a surefire star again. Maybe I'm taking it too seriously. It's just... we're a week removed from people wanting Edmonds to start. The board runs so hot and cold.
I agree with you to an extent. I have noticed that drake seems to get most of his yardage in garbage time. but in the first quarter when we are trying to establish the offense dude is only good for 2 yards a carry
But he caught on sooner against Dallas
We have a passing game that requires a running game but we have a running game that needs an established passing game

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I agree with you to an extent. I have noticed that drake seems to get most of his yardage in garbage time. but in the first quarter when we are trying to establish the offense dude is only good for 2 yards a carry
But he caught on sooner against Dallas
We have a passing game that requires a running game but we have a running game that needs an established passing game

I think this offense is predicated on wearing the defense out and then by the second half the defense is gassed. We run a quick tempo offense with a lightbing bug breaking off runs at QB... second half, it's easy to run :raccoon:

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score

I agree. People are upset because someone scores a TD but it's not their dude or it who I'm playings dude. They're mad cuz the wrong dude scored for us. Crazy

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score

I agree. People are upset because someone scores a TD but it's not their dude or it who I'm playings dude. They're mad cuz the wrong dude scored for us. Crazy

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I think this offense is predicated on wearing the defense out and then by the second half the defense is gassed. We run a quick tempo offense with a lightbing bug breaking off runs at QB... second half, it's easy to run :raccoon:
I agree. But it would be nice to see drake break off some nice gainers in the first quarter

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
It is a downside for fantasy. Like when Drake ran for that 69 yard TD it caused me to lose my fantasy game. So it was kind of a bittersweet moment for me. Where as if I wasn't playing fantasy I would have simply loved that moment.

OP
OP
LoyaltyisaCurse

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Despite missing a game, Drake is still #7 in the league in rushing and is on pace for about 1100 yards.

BTW, Murray is #8 in the league in rushing also on pace for about 1100 yards.

Additionally, Chase Edmonds is on pace for 1,000 yards from scrimmage.

Last edited:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Despite missing a game, Drake is still #7 in the league in rushing and is on pace for about 1100 yards.

BTW, Murray is #8 in the league in rushing also on pace for about 1100 yards.

Additionally, Chase Edmonds is on pace for 1,000 yards from scrimmage.
It will be interesting to see how the market for Drake develops.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Update...Drake was 8th going into Giants game....and now is 6th. He will likely be top 5 before end of season.

Warts and all, he gets the job done...and could do better without so many outside zone runs...that's not his game.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hope cards brings him back next yr he is a serviceable back with Edmonds

Just drake has to fix the fum issues he got lucky vs giants....

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Update...Drake was 8th going into Giants game....and now is 6th. He will likely be top 5 before end of season.

Warts and all, he gets the job done...and could do better without so many outside zone runs...that's not his game.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
On his current pace he would hit 1,060. That seems awfully low for top 5. Must be a really off year for rushing.

That would be . . .
14th in 2019
7th in 2018
8th in 2017
11th in 2016
8th in 2015
12th in 2014
12th in 2013
15th in 2012
13th in 2011

so roughly 11th in an average year. Reasonable.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose